What Happens First: Jeff Gordon Retires or Roush-Fenway Closes?

Woah, woah, woah... that's the same Fenway?! :eek:

7 years a Nascar fan. 5 years a baseball fan. Polock forever :D

Proof that it hasn't been effective :p

Fenway is one of the most known names in sports and basically has a cult of personality in New England. If I had any power in Fenway, I would've thrown money at signing Joey Logano, put the Sox and NESN on the car and tried talking Dunkin Donuts, CVS and WB Mason into sponsoring the car for some races. Logano is the only New Englander in the field and the parent company of the Boston Red Sox owns a race team, it's such a natural connection.

Logano in the #6 Dunkin Donuts/CVS Ford would've at least given New Englanders a home driver/team combination. Heavily advertise Logano on NESN and have him do guest spots on shows. I assume that he would've some some merch too.

the interesting thing here is remember when biffle was supposed to move to MWR??? even darrell waltrip alluded to it. speculation rooted in common sense says that biffle and MWR hoped to retain the 3m sponsorship. during all this biffle even said how much he love the 3m deal. it safe to say biffle is taking a gigantic pay cut, I would bet on it.

Well, my take. I dunno what Jack needs to do to get his program closer to Hendricks. I mean 1 Cup championship in what 26 years & the guy who got it for you left and had one of his best seasons to date in the first year with his new team. Now Edwards is gone at seasons end leaving only Biffle as the lone possible guaranteed race winner on your team. Roush has been Fords flagship team for a long time, I wonder if they have any input on what they think he needs to do...

Well, my take. I dunno what Jack needs to do to get his program closer to Hendricks. I mean 1 Cup championship in what 26 years & the guy who got it for you left and had one of his best seasons to date in the first year with his new team. Now Edwards is gone at seasons end leaving only Biffle as the lone possible guaranteed race winner on your team. Roush has been Fords flagship team for a long time, I wonder if they have any input on what they think he needs to do...

Pure speculation on my part, but I think Jack Roush is hard to work for. Compared to the other Ford teams, with the resources Roush has they should have been doing better. I am probably going to catch some flack, but Kenseth was way over his performance level last year. This year is closer to what his record shows..in other words it wasn't a better car for Kenseth's happy feet, but an easier boss to work with. I think Carl is doing the same thing, going to a place that hopefully is an easier place to work.

Pure speculation on my part, but I think Jack Roush is hard to work for. Compared to the other Ford teams, with the resources Roush has they should have been doing better. I am probably going to catch some flack, but Kenseth was way over his performance level last year. This year is closer to what his record shows..in other words it wasn't a better car for Kenseth's happy feet, but an easier boss to work with. I think Carl is doing the same thing, going to a place that hopefully is an easier place to work.

I think the rumours over the years have been exactly that, Jack is not the greatest guy to work for. Notoriously stingy with drivers contracts, and a micro manager extraordinaire. Unless they can get the sponsorship rolling in again, Roush as an organization will continue it's downward spiral. It's hard to sell sponsorship when the performance has been so poor, its a catch 22 really.

Well, my take. I dunno what Jack needs to do to get his program closer to Hendricks. I mean 1 Cup championship in what 26 years & the guy who got it for you left and had one of his best seasons to date in the first year with his new team.
He actually has two. Kenseth in '03 and Kurt Busch in '04.

So stupid when people dont respect what Jack has accomplished. He's a self made man who built everything he has. He's not a tax criminal like hendrick.

Another not to bright note. Woods brothers 21 team has moved from Roush to form a technical alliance with Penske. Bayne ran a few races for them even won the Daytona 500, but hasn't done much after that. It will be interesting to see if Ryan Blaney with Penske/Woods help can do any better.

They will get it together. Roush has a lot of sponsors, it's just a time of getting their R&D together. A time will come for them again. It seems like at the 1.5 milers they struggle a quite a bit.

They will get it together. Roush has a lot of sponsors, it's just a time of getting their R&D together. A time will come for them again. It seems like at the 1.5 milers they struggle a quite a bit.

part of a racing team's health is the younger drivers coming up. It isn't huge, but there should be at least one or two that show promise in the lower ranks I would think. I don't see how anyone could predict that Stenhouse after two back to back N'wide championships would get into cup and become mostly a backmarker, but there should be a newer hungry driver below to keep the others motivated. doesn't look like Roush has any talent below that would worry any of his cup drivers about their jobs. He doesn't have anybody to replace Carl, much less Stenhouse if he wants to get rid of him.

part of a racing team's health is the younger drivers coming up. It isn't huge, but there should be at least one or two that show promise in the lower ranks I would think. I don't see how anyone could predict that Stenhouse after two back to back N'wide championships would get into cup and become mostly a backmarker, but there should be a newer hungry driver below to keep the others motivated. doesn't look like Roush has any talent below that would worry any of his cup drivers about their jobs. He doesn't have anybody to replace Carl, much less Stenhouse if he wants to get rid of him.

I said this before, if you have a team that is going to wallow between 15th to 25th. That is what is going to happen and Stenhouse has NEVER been a speedster, Stenhouse and Bayne are drivers that give all they can in what is under them. They will bring the car home in piece, or in Bayne's case piece(s) sometimes, but if the car is meant to finish 5th that is where they will finish. Ricky has speed, but like I said the verdict is still out on him. Yes, he's back in that 15-25 area, but can you blame him? Roush does is not the place where it used to be he needs that driver out of Bayne, Stenhouse, and Biffle. All solid drivers, yes.

They need that spark like you said. Buscher has is probably their best bet, but who could be that youngster to push the program forward. They need some new energy and I think going the route of getting Bayne and Stenhouse will be a solid duo, its just the fact that they need someone like a "Kyle Larson" to push his balls to the wall. Edwards is that guy and if he would have won the championship in 2011, I think Roush would be in a completely different situation.

I disagree with Stenhouse never being a speedster comment. He won 2 races his first Nationwide title, racing against more cup driver competition than you can shake a stick at, Stewart, both Bushes, Edwards, Hamlin, Kenseth, Ambrose, Logano, Kez, Hornish, and he won 6 races the next year. So I don't know about you, but one would think not only was he getting even faster, but he would be ready for the cup series. He goes to cup and nothing... 7 top tens in 63 races in four years?

Ricky will impress once they figure out ride height and their package to be better. He CAN drive!

By the way I have a feeling Roush will be faster this weekend then prior weeks

Ricky will impress once they figure out ride height and their package to be better. He CAN drive!
where are the results? he raced against cup drivers in Nationwide and beat them. Edwards and Biffle this year, 9 and 7 top tens, Stenhouse 0. Even the Petty bunch, Almirola and Ambrose, 4 and 5 top 10's, it ain't the car.

where are the results? he raced against cup drivers in Nationwide and beat them. Edwards and Biffle this year, 9 and 7 top tens, Stenhouse 0
Sooooo I didnt time travel so like I said once they figure it out there will be results and by the way check your stats buddy he has 4 top tens this year
where are the results? he raced against cup drivers in Nationwide and beat them. Edwards and Biffle this year, 9 and 7 top tens, Stenhouse 0. Even the Petty bunch, Almirola and Ambrose, 4 and 5 top 10's, it ain't the car.

Yeah you are right 4 top tens, tied with Almirola for the bottom. There isn't much to brag about with Stenhouse I'm afraid, be different if he had a bad pit crew, or bad luck, but all I see is riding around in back with his girlfriend.

Yeah you are right 4 top tens, tied with Almirola for the bottom. There isn't much to brag about with Stenhouse I'm afraid, be different if he had a bad pit crew, or bad luck, but all I see is riding around in back with his girlfriend.
Hes very protective of her and wants to make sure when she wrecks hes there to hit her lol.....give them time

heck what do I know, he might be unhappy and looking for a different ride and not giving a hoot, but it seems it would be easier to find a ride if he was racing instead of riding. I never see clips of him getting sideways and pushing it thru the corners. I'm disappointed myself, I had high hopes of him doing well in cup and I don't think he is trying that hard.

I do believe Stenhouse finished 2nd at Bristol this year.

I do believe Stenhouse finished 2nd at Bristol this year.
yeah and 3rd at Talladega the year before that..so? his two top 5's in 63 races? 14 and 7 for his two teammates in the same time frame. Again worse than both of the Petty bunch also. Can't even compare it to the Penske's, just showing how really disappointingly slow he has been running. Can't use "it's the car" IMO when you compare it to the Petty cars or his own teammates. And IMO Roush has nobody right now in the wings that shows any improvement which is the bigger picture for the future.

Bayne has beaten Stenhouse 4-1 in unrestricted Cup races this year, and that's with RFR's R&D team. Ricky has regressed more than any other driver from last year.

yeah and 3rd at Talladega the year before that..so? his two top 5's in 63 races? 14 and 7 for his two teammates in the same time frame. Again worse than both of the Petty bunch also. Can't even compare it to the Penske's, just showing how really disappointingly slow he has been running. Can't use "it's the car" IMO when you compare it to the Petty cars or his own teammates.
I agree, he's not very good. I was just responding to you saying Stenhouse had 0 top-10's this year. An over the hill Biffle, an underachieving Stenhouse, and a green Bayne makes things not look to good for RFR next year.

Right now IMO Beuscher is a hope for a driver that could replace Stenhouse if he doesn't start getting faster. Don't know why but he is spotting everybody a race in the N'wide standings and that has pretty much killed his chances for a championship and publicity for attracting sponsorship. IF he would have ran all the races, he would probably? be ahead of Bayne in the standings..not bad at all for a rookie.

Right now IMO Beuscher is a hope for a driver that could replace Stenhouse if he doesn't start getting faster. Don't know why but he is spotting everybody a race in the N'wide standings and that has pretty much killed his chances for a championship and publicity for attracting sponsorship. IF he would have ran all the races, he would probably? be ahead of Bayne in the standings..not bad at all for a rookie.
At the first daytona race he didnt have points to back up the bad time in qualifying due to the draft

The writing is on the wall for Roush. Lost another major sponsor, and an R&D team alliance, and next week we'll see Carl's departure confirmed.

Anyone that's being paying attention has seen this decline happening over the course of a few years. They lost Kenseth due to lack of funding, they're losing Carl and Wood Bros from a lack of performance. Sponsors have been high tailing it out of the Roush camp for a while now.

All within the past few years:

Office Depot
UPS
Crown Royal
Dewalt/Stanely
3M
Subway???
Nationwide???

I'm probably forgetting some too.

They also added Fastenal, Kelloggs cheez it, ecopower oil, 5/3 BANK, NOS, Zest and probably some im forgetting teams go through changes maybe adjustments and scailing back well help in five years. The reason the "lost" wood brothers is because Blaney is in development and that opportunity is perfect regardless of how good Penske is compared to Roush right now

They also added Fastenal, Kelloggs cheez it, ecopower oil, 5/3 BANK, NOS, Zest and probably some im forgetting teams go through changes maybe adjustments and scailing back well help in five years. The reason the "lost" wood brothers is because Blaney is in development and that opportunity is perfect regardless of how good Penske is compared to Roush right now
that's the way I am looking at it too, Roush didn't have anybody ready to fill the slot, but Penske did. This is a good direction with affiliate teams that have come into play recently. This might be some of the issues that the racing alliance might deal with, sharing resources to cut costs.

Yeah but the sponsorship they've added hasn't nearly made up for what's been lost. It's like losing a $20 bill and finding a quarter, it's hurt your bottom line. They're running on patch work sponsorship right now, heck Biffle's got Roush performance parts on his car this weekend.

The Wood Bros didn't drop their alliance with Roush on account of Ryan Blaney. That's ridiculous, because he'll only be driving for them for maybe a couple part time seasons. The reason they switched is because of the obvious disparity in performance and the shift in the pecking order with Ford. Roush is no longer the top dog, and it's clear as day who they needed to align with going forward. I believe it's only a matter of time until Penske takes over the engine building and completely cuts Jack out of the loop.

Yeah but the sponsorship they've added hasn't nearly made up for what's been lost. It's like losing a $20 bill and finding a quarter, it's hurt your bottom line. They're running on patch work sponsorship right now, heck Biffle's got Roush performance parts on his car this weekend.

The Wood Bros didn't drop their alliance with Roush on account of Ryan Blaney. That's ridiculous, because he'll only be driving for them for maybe a couple part time seasons. The reason they switched is because of the obvious disparity in performance and the shift in the pecking order with Ford. Roush is no longer the top dog, and it's clear as day who they needed to align with going forward. I believe it's only a matter of time until Penske takes over the engine building and completely cuts Jack out of the loop.

did you watch the press conference? The Woods brothers said Bayne went full time in cup for Roush..they lost their driver? Penske came to THEM and wanted to form the alliance and get their driver some experience in cup. Figure it out, much simpler and cheaper to do it that way.

did you watch the press conference? The Woods brothers said Bayne went full time in cup for Roush..they lost their driver? Penske came to THEM and wanted to form the alliance and get their driver some experience in cup. Figure it out, much simpler and cheaper to do it that way.

My point is that the Wood bros wouldn't have left Roush if they didn't think it was in the best interest in the short and long term. They get a lot of support from Ford, Ford wants Penske dev driver to get seat time. So now we have a new alliance and driver for Wood bros. Roush is left out in the cold, Ford would have cared except they've now got Penske at the top of their food chain not Roush.

I know what your point is, you apparently didn't watch the press conference. There was nothing to leave, Roush didn't have a driver that was ready to move up to cup. It is the other way around, Roush pulled Bayne from the Woods brothers to race full time becaus Carl is leaving...get it? Penske had a driver and he came to the Woods brothers with a offer for them.

check it out..here is part of the press conference
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-brothers-announcement-sprint-cup-series.html

I know what your point is, you apparently didn't watch the press conference. There was nothing to leave, Roush didn't have a driver that was ready to move up to cup. It is the other way around, Roush pulled Bayne from the Woods brothers to race full time becaus Carl is leaving...get it? Penske had a driver and he came to the Woods brothers with a offer for them.

check it out..here is part of the press conference
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...-brothers-announcement-sprint-cup-series.html

Right I got the part about Bayne going full time with Roush, but they could have just as easily hired another driver and remained in an alliance with Roush, no? There's more to it than just they needed a new driver and Penske offered them a deal, it represents a shift in the Ford heirarchy. Wood bros aren't going to spend time and money developing a driver for a second rate team. It signifies that they believe Penske will be the premier Ford team of the future, why else would they risk jeopardizing their elstablished alliance with Roush.

Back
Top Bottom