What kyle is doing right now is amazing

I say he stole it because of the way Nascar likes to bend and twist rules. Take off the Kyle Fan glasses for a second. Think if it was Kyle who had such a great season from race 1, and it was someone else who had to sit out the start of the season, and they won the championship that Kyle should have won. He won with the rules Nascar had and place, doesn't make it right.

read above.

Take off whatever glasses you wear, and ask yourself the question, "Was Kyle Busch among the top 3 drivers at the end of the season?"

I can tell you 100%, that if the tables were turned, I would be fine with it. Completely fine. This is a bitch for the anti-Kyle (not haters, because that is different I am told) crowd.

We have many here who define trolls, haters, etc. as they go along. I'm game. I'll call it whatever you want to call it, but it isn't objective. Anti-Kyle (not haters mind you) are obsessed with the 11 races he missed, but they conveniently forget the snapped limb and crushed bones. What Kyle did last year was one of sport's greatest stories, but even some of the diehard fans will not allows themselves to recognize it...and we want to sell this sport to newbies? We can't appreciate what we have.

Take off whatever glasses you wear, and ask yourself the question, "Was Kyle Busch among the top 3 drivers at the end of the season?"

I can tell you 100%, that if the tables were turned, I would be fine with it. Completely fine. This is a bitch for the anti-Kyle (not haters, because that is different I am told) crowd.

We have many here who define trolls, haters, etc. as they go along. I'm game. I'll call it whatever you want to call it, but it isn't objective. Anti-Kyle (not haters mind you) are obsessed with the 11 races he missed, but they conveniently forget the snapped limb and crushed bones. What Kyle did last year was one of sport's greatest stories, but even some of the diehard fans will not allows themselves to recognize it...and we want to sell this sport to newbies? We can't appreciate what we have.

What he did was amazing, I give him that. I never said it wasn't...but I just don't find it right someone can miss that many races and be champion. I know I would hate if Dale Jr won his first championship that way. :idunno: But I guess after years of Kyle having a chase meltdown, you'll take anyway you can to get a championship.

and all I'm saying is I hope them rules screw him this year to make up for what happened last year. I just don't think he should have had a right to go for the championship. I don't think Tony should have that chance this year, and hell I'm a fan of Tony. I think the most you should be able to miss is 2..maybe 3. But the fact Kyle missed 10 races last year to me just isn't right. The fact Tony will have missed just a little bit less and could be in the chase isn't right. Has ZERO to do with who it is. I'd feel the same no matter what. Kyle winning was IMO the worse, for the fact that at least the others who won because of the "chase" would have at least had a good finish in points without it. Kyle would have been way in the 20's.

Be pissed at the Closer for not closing. This would have been a non-issue but the 18 was not going to be denied.

What he did was amazing, I give him that. I never said it wasn't...but I just don't find it right someone can miss that many races and be champion. I know I would hate if Dale Jr won his first championship that way. :idunno: But I guess after years of Kyle having a chase meltdown, you'll take anyway you can to get a championship.

Damn right I will take it. He went head to head with Harvick, and beat him. Done. Nobody has even made a rational argument regarding missed races and eligibility....It's the Pete Pistone, "I just don't think it's right." Solid argument. Not.

Maybe since Kyle stole a championship last year, the Chase will hopefully steal one from him this year.

Bacon is Life

It could easily happen as Nascar's championship has very little to do with who is the best and everything to do with who is the luckiest.

I know I would hate if Dale Jr won his first championship that way.

You would hate one of sport's greatest comeback stories. Really? Seriously?

It could easily happen as Nascar's championship has very little to do with who is the best and everything to do with who is the luckiest.

But it hasn't played out that way (yet), and that makes this sport even more amazing. The best have been the best when they needed to be the best.

Kyle's story would have been great without the championship. How many people come back from that bad of an injury to win the way he did? Kyle is an amazing talent, if I was a hater I couldn't admit that. I just don't like the rules Nascar has for a champion. I'm sure we can both agree a championship won over 36 races would be better for any.

I'm sure we can both agree a championship won over 36 races would be better for any.

No, not really. I do appreciate your position, however. It's just not that big of a deal for me, and until such time somebody can explain to me why it should be, it won't be. What is important to me is that the championship is settled amongst the best drivers for a given year. It was. I can look you square in the eye and tell you that if Junior was to win it this way, I would see him as the champion that Kyle is. No hesitation.

and all I'm saying is I hope them rules screw him this year to make up for what happened last year. I just don't think he should have had a right to go for the championship. I don't think Tony should have that chance this year, and hell I'm a fan of Tony. I think the most you should be able to miss is 2..maybe 3. But the fact Kyle missed 10 races last year to me just isn't right. The fact Tony will have missed just a little bit less and could be in the chase isn't right. Has ZERO to do with who it is. I'd feel the same no matter what. Kyle winning was IMO the worse, for the fact that at least the others who won because of the "chase" would have at least had a good finish in points without it. Kyle would have been way in the 20's.

I understand but don't be surprised if he pulls off another championship

I know a lot of people love to hate him but as his win tally increases even in CUP :Dthey aren't going to be able to deny his talent anymore.
He's at 37 cup wins and has another 20 years to go. He could just end up being the GOAT

The thing I don't understand is why people can't separate how they view Kyle the person from Kyle the driver. If Kyle was on fire at the side of the road I may not even stop to tinkle on him depending on how big a hurry I was in. However that has nothing to do with him being a premier wheel man and perhaps the GOAT of his generation although with JJ having those 6 champs he would be tough to derail.

No, not really. I do appreciate your position, however. It's just not that big of a deal for me, and until such time somebody can explain to me why it should be, it won't be. What is important to me is that the championship is settled amongst the best drivers for a given year. It was. I can look you square in the eye and tell you that if Junior was to win it this way, I would see him as the champion that Kyle is. No hesitation.

Well to each their own I guess.

I understand but don't be surprised if he pulls off another championship

I wouldn't be, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the rules of this stupid chase took one from him as well.

The thing I don't understand is why people can't separate how they view Kyle the person from Kyle the driver. If Kyle was on fire at the side of the road I may not even stop to tinkle on him depending on how big a hurry I was in. However that has nothing to do with him being a premier wheel man and perhaps the GOAT of his generation although with JJ having those 6 champs he would be tough to derail.
You'd stop.

I can tell you that I stopped counting championships after JJ's last as the method of crowning a champ is a joke. The new convoluted format really bothered me as JJ will never get the opportunity to meet or exceed the champs of Petty and Earnhardt.

But it hasn't played out that way (yet), and that makes this sport even more amazing. The best have been the best when they needed to be the best.

I don't see Nascar as a sport with rules more as a blend of sports, reality programming and quasi scripted show. The fact that they have a lottery type championship in place is bad enough in and of itself.

I can tell you that I stopped counting championships after JJ's last as the method of crowning a champ is a joke. The new convoluted format really bothered me as JJ will never get the opportunity to meet or exceed the champs of Petty and Earnhardt.
Welcome to my 2004. ;) I'm still a fan of the method of crowning the Champ as the driver that performed best over an entire seasons body of work.

Welcome to my 2004. ;) I'm still a fan of the method of crowning the Champ as the driver that performed best over an entire seasons body of work.

That is my overwhelming preference too but I could live with the rules JJ and others won under as the final grade was counted on 10 races. I know I have said this before but I wish Nascar could compromise and go with 2 championships. The first one would be for the Season's Champ, would be for the first 26 races and would feature the classic point system. The second one would be the Chase Champ and Nascar could make any type of rules up they wanted for it and get as creative as they like. Perhaps a race on dirt, a demolition derby, a sprint car type event or something else fun.

The way I see it the sporting fans would get something out of the entire season and the people who like the chase formula would get something too.

I'm still a fan of the method of crowning the Champ as the driver that performed best over an entire seasons body of work.
Nascar has *never* had a championship format focused on crowning the most deserving driver. It has *always* aimed to keep a (relatively) large number of drivers in the running until late in the season. The result has been that wins and other top finishes are under-rewarded, while being consistently above average has been over-rewarded. Nascar history offers up multiple examples of the most deserving driver not winning the crown, and certainly the potential exists under the current format for that to happen again.

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan, don't like the way he acts, don't like the numerous examples of dirty driving, but recognize and respect a prodigious amount of talent. Great racers all have multifaceted talents applied over a period of time to produce results. The greatest have no big weaknesses in a competition sense. Time will tell if Kyle can improve on his most glaring weakness - a lack of race craft to avoid and overcome adversity - to challenge the best of his generation.

Kyle Busch: 401 starts, 37 wins = 9.2%, 1 championship.

Jimmie Johnson through 401 starts: 61 wins = 15.2%, 5 championships.

Jeff Gordon through 401 starts: 69 wins = 17.2%, 4 championships.

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan, don't like the way he acts, don't like the numerous examples of dirty driving, but recognize and respect a prodigious amount of talent. Great racers all have multifaceted talents applied over a period of time to produce results. The greatest have no big weaknesses in a competition sense. Time will tell if Kyle can improve on his most glaring weakness - a lack of race craft to avoid and overcome adversity - to challenge the best of his generation.

Those JG and JJ stats are just ridiculous.

Kyle aint no spring chicken either

Kyle aint no spring chicken either
Kyle is 31 years old, and has 10 to 12 good years ahead of him after this year, IMO. That is a lot of time to add to his resume.

He also has the great advantages of getting to Cup at a very young age, and always being with a top-tier team. Gordon had similar advantages. Johnson was ~5 years older when he reached Cup.

Kyle is 31 years old, and has 10 to 12 good years ahead of him after this year, IMO. That is a lot of time to add to his resume.

He also has the great advantages of getting to Cup at a very young age, and always being with a top-tier team. Gordon had similar advantages. Johnson was ~5 years older when he reached Cup.
31 with drivers like Elliott, Blaney & the Dillions rising to the occassion. Its not getting any easier.

Only a short matter of time before the torch is passed & run off with.

31 with drivers like Elliott, Blaney & the Dillions rising to the occassion. Its not getting any easier.

Kyle has proven he's better then all of the drivers you listed. 31 isn't old at all in NASCAR.

Best equipment in the field. Best Crew Chief he has ever had. Never driven better. Champion.....and you are already planning his demise. I suppose a guy can dream....

I know that there are no haters in the world, but how the hell did a thread with this title end up being about how Kyle Busch is not that great? Absolutely amazing and awesome.

Obviously there will come a day when he will fall off but its not going to be tomorrow, next year or five years from now. Johnson was in his prime in his early to mid 30's (or his whole career really), Harvick didn't emerge as a top driver until his late 30's, Stewart won his last title at 39/40, Mark Martin was still the man as his closed in on his 50's.

If KB can keep his legs in one piece and his attitude under control I think he is going to put on a show.

Back
Top Bottom