What's going on at FOX Sports 1?

I agree but I just believe that his methods are not sound. Twidiots have the attention span of a ground squirrel and his words will likely be forgotten as soon as the newest mePhone app is released.

His rant itself may be forgotten but the substance won't. I think this stuff turns viewers away.

No, we still have reporters and journalists who get their hands dirty. Local news is one thing, national sports is another.

The astonishing lack of knowledge and unwillingness to gain knowledge wouldn't be tolerated in any other sport. NFL writers are expected to know what's going on in College Football and even High School Football. MLB writers are expected to know what's going on with farm teams. Or, at least people within the organizations that cover those sports are expected to know.

NASCAR? Not just no but hell no. Instead of spending time researching what goes on in the lower leagues and gaining knowledge, they're busy talking about what Brad Keselowski tweeted or speculating what color socks Kasey Kahne wore yesterday. They won't go to the Snowball Derby because there isn't a cushy media center with free food and drinks. Hell, some of them bitched about going to Eldora because their shoes got dirty, or something.

And then, when there is a driver who comes up from short tracks in to NASCAR, they don't make even the slightest attempt to gain any knowledge. If it's not on Racing-Reference or Wikipedia, that driver doesn't exist. Unless they're racing for Hendrick, Roush or Gibbs.

I'll just point out that Joe Buck has admitted to not watching games he doesn't cover. The media in other sports isn't all sunshine and roses either.

No, not really.

And you're asking the wrong guy. I dont watch or care to watch any of the pre-show crap anymore. I feel bad about those guys because I genuinely think Dillner is one of the most knowledgeable NASCAR guy in the garage but this doesn't affect me at all.

I am there with you. Growing up I watched it all. Nightly shows, all the practices, and qualifying. Now I just can't, it has all turned bad. I just tune into the races every weekend when I can and get my news from the internet where I can pick and choose my stories.

The new TV deal makes bob expendable. Fox isn't covering practices and quals for races airing on other networks so he won't be needed in the garage anymore. K+n and the mods need a new voice with them moving to NBCSN so I'm guessing that's where he ends up

ugh, the day she is doing Nascar races is the day I stop watching them on Fox all together. I can't stand that bitch.
don't be so harsh, bimbo's need a job too. It is not like football is complicated.

The new TV deal makes bob expendable. Fox isn't covering practices and quals for races airing on other networks so he won't be needed in the garage anymore. K+n and the mods need a new voice with them moving to NBCSN so I'm guessing that's where he ends up

Their loss..Fox trying to be everything to everybody is failing IMO, all sports are getting diminished results on Fox but kick boxing which isn't doing that well, and savvy fans will find the channel/network that will focus mostly on their particular sport. It will take a while despite big money contracts right now, but I predict it will happen. Motorsport fans although not the number one group, still make up a sizable market for automotive entertainment and marketing. Fox apparently thinks they can make more money by getting rid of SPEED and reducing automotive programming. So trot out the big hootered bimbo's we want to make it the ET sports network.

I'll just point out that Joe Buck has admitted to not watching games he doesn't cover. The media in other sports isn't all sunshine and roses either.

It's not perfect in other sports but it's not this bad either. People who cover football were probably going to games when they were in high school and college. People who cover baseball were going to minor league baseball games as a kid. There are people, and A LOT of them, in that NASCAR media center who had never gone to their local short track or been to anything that's not NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing before they got their job. And it's getting worse now that you have a bunch of people getting credentials that are only there to find a husband.

don't be so harsh, bimbo's need a job too. It is not like football is complicated.

Their loss..Fox trying to be everything to everybody is failing IMO, all sports are getting diminished results on Fox but kick boxing which isn't doing that well, and savvy fans will find the channel/network that will focus mostly on their particular sport. It will take a while despite big money contracts right now, but I predict it will happen. Motorsport fans although not the number one group, still make up a sizable market for automotive entertainment and marketing. Fox apparently thinks they can make more money by getting rid of SPEED and reducing automotive programming. So trot out the big hootered bimbo's we want to make it the ET sports network.

You broke rule number 1 when trying to rally sport fans. Don't disparage big hootered bimbos.

It's not perfect in other sports but it's not this bad either. People who cover football were probably going to games when they were in high school and college. People who cover baseball were going to minor league baseball games as a kid. There are people, and A LOT of them, in that NASCAR media center who had never gone to their local short track or been to anything that's not NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing before they got their job. And it's getting worse now that you have a bunch of people getting credentials that are only there to find a rich husband.

:fixed:

What about hooters?
Nice-hooters-1600-1200.jpg

By the way, Kaitlyn Vincie's replacing Wendy Venturini FOX Sports 1's ARCA coverage on Friday night.
That could be because Wendy Venturini is going to be one of the lead announcers for PRN this weekend. She will become the first female to take that role. That's kinda a big deal. She's done several Nationwide races for them this year but she's now going 'big time'. :cool:

That could be because Wendy Venturini is going to be one of the lead announcers for PRN this weekend. She will become the first female to take that role. That's kinda a big deal. She's done several Nationwide races for them this year but she's now going 'big time'. :cool:
I think Wendy is one of the better race reporters.

Those at the track need to know something about the sport. Those back in the studio need to know how to read a teleprompter. I do tune in to hear what Craven and Burton have to say. The rest is just reading the news of an event (no real knowledge is needed).

I was glad to see that Wendy got a job that relies on knowledge instead of looks, she is replaced by a glamor pager

she's the blond on the right

images

I was glad to see that Wendy got a job that relies on knowledge instead of looks, she is replaced by a glamor pager

images

I'll give Kaitlyn credit... she actually has some short track background (Pro Cup and Langley Speedway) which is more than I can say for some of the other broadcasters and most of the media.

if msnbc....cnbc....nbc is any indication.......gonna be no big boobed bimbos on nbcsn.
hope they pick up dilner.
i like serious analysis like burton ...craven give.

Gonna miss Bob, I hope NBC sees him for what he is worth and brings him over, RH wont be same, well, more so than it already is.

And arent we all truly blessed, we are stuck with FOX tell 2024:eek:

Last edited:
Estrogen is HIGHLY EXPLOSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with periods of high uncertainty. :eek:

Erin is the known face. They just went with the more popular person. Not saying it's right, but that's just how it goes.
Don't know about that. Pam Oliver has been on Fox's NFL coverage like two decades at this point. Oliver seemed smarter about football than Andrews too.

This comes as no surprise to me. The writing was on the wall when they tossed the Supercars to the side. Dillner will end up somewhere, he's to good to not be in the sport. As far as Wendy, find me an announcer who knows racing better, male or female, she grew up in the sport. AND I personally think she's hot.

images

Both the Lady's are very good on TV, IMHO, is it wrong somehow that they have very pleasing looks as well? It seems to me the harsh comments on this thread is directed toward Beautiful women. The two pictured here are very good at there jobs. What's the problem?

Both the Lady's are very good on TV, IMHO, is it wrong somehow that they have very pleasing looks as well? It seems to me the harsh comments on this thread is directed toward Beautiful women. The two pictured here are very good at there jobs. What's the problem?
You've got to be homely to be talented. Take me for example, I have no discernable skills whatsoever!

Back
Top Bottom