What's up w/ Denny Hamlin?

They have the driver, if they want a cup they have too give him the necessary tools to win one and they have yet to do that IMO

I think the tools are there. Dave and Kyle need to get their **** straight. 0 Ride Height blew their progress up. They are doing a good job of working through it. It will come.

They have 1 win this year, that win wasnt obtained with the best car IMO

They've been out to lunch all year. It's frustrating to watch knowing they don't have the speed to win unless something fluky happens like California. If Kyle busch can't get a car good enough to win at Richmond I'm just gonna hibernate till the chase starts

They have 1 win this year, that win wasnt obtained with the best car IMO
Not even a quarter of the way through the year so far, they have plenty of time to win more races. Matt is still a point behind 1st and Kyle is 6th. JGR was still blowing up into June last year before they found reliability.

There's nothing anyone can do about that.

He's been given that year after year and I seriously doubt that Gibbs yanks the good stuff from him come Chase time.

Who ??? 4 DNFs in a row is their best stuff ???

But maybe Jeff could buy one of those short run restart cars?......well if he ever cares enough. ;)

He would probably let Joey win anyway, he doesnt care. He sure wouldnt give Harvick any kind of fight for track position

They've been out to lunch all year. It's frustrating to watch knowing they don't have the speed to win unless something fluky happens like California. If Kyle busch can't get a car good enough to win at Richmond I'm just gonna hibernate till the chase starts

Its very frustrating, I saw the ass kicking the 4 gave them at Phoenix in person. :(

I don't know that JGR is able to provide him with any better equipment than they have. He wins races, makes the chase and chokes. That's not the fault of JGR, Kenseth, Hamlin or the man in the moon...that's on Kyle Busch.

I don't know that JGR is able to provide him with any better equipment than they have. He wins races, makes the chase and chokes. That's not the fault of JGR, Kenseth, Hamlin or the man in the moon...that's on Kyle Busch.
But he has a history of engine problems to be truthful.
Is he too hard on them?

I watched Kenseth throw it all away at Phoenix last year, he appeared to be choking on something also --------------- just sayin

I watched Kenseth throw it all away at Phoenix last year, he appeared to be choking on something also --------------- just sayin
That's exactly what happend at Phoenix. No excuses, no shifting blame.

Kenseth:

"I think the day is pretty self-explanatory," Kenseth said. "We just really struggled. Honestly, it was the first day like that we've had all season long. That speaks volumes about my team, we haven't had a day like that all year where we've been far enough (back) where we couldn't stay on the lead lap.
"It was an unfortunate, disappointing day, but man we did the best we could do. We just were off today."

Ratcliff:

"I don't really think we had a strong car at all today, unfortunately," Ratcliff said. And, then just snowballed and got us way behind ... you go to put left sides on and nobody comes down pit road behind you. You're thinking, 'Man, let's just put four on.' And the bad part about it is you've already called lefts and your guys have left side tires in their hands.
"It's really bad," he added. "Just a bad job on my part today."

Cars that can win

I get what you are saying, but we both agree I would think that Kyle tends to start fine, screw up an adjustment in the middle of the race, and finish decent. I am not sure that the car is the issue so much as Dave and Kyle need to get their program together. I do believe that the new ride height rules have thrown them off big time. I think that the relationship that JGR has with TRD is very interesting. Kyle liked the in house engine program because he felt that it gave him an advantage. I am not sure he hates TRD so much as he despises the idea that his stuff could potentially be found on a MWR car if TRD's team approach is fully embraced. TRD is aware of this type of loyalty to the way things were, and do the best they can to respect it--it won't work, however. So, I think out of sheer stubbornness and an obsession exclusivity, MWR goes TRD's way, and JGR goes with some of the TRD stuff and some of their own stuff. This has taken the relationship back a couple of years to the beginning really, and I don't think that that model was very effective. They need to pool their resources ala Team Hendrick + Satellites to get some answers to their set up questions. JGR is not alone--Look at Penske and Ford. Betcha Jamie Allison would kill to get Penske to share stuff with Jack for the One Ford program. It will be very interesting to see where things go from here. Bottom line is that JGR is not as competitive in my mind as MWR. Clint could have two legitimate wins if his pit crew didn't screw up. JGR really hasn't been that close (minus the Fontana win which was all me and my karma as we all know).

Who ??? 4 DNFs in a row is their best stuff ???

We are going back 2 years now? Reliability is good now, but he's unhappy with the power. They kind of go hand in hand IMO.

But he has a history of engine problems to be truthful.
Is he too hard on them?

I think his history is better known because his response to the issues is more visible. How many failures has he had this year BTW?

I get what you are saying, but we both agree I would think that Kyle tends to start fine, screw up an adjustment in the middle of the race, and finish decent. I am not sure that the car is the issue so much as Dave and Kyle need to get their program together. I do believe that the new ride height rules have thrown them off big time. I think that the relationship that JGR has with TRD is very interesting. Kyle liked the in house engine program because he felt that it gave him an advantage. I am not sure he hates TRD so much as he despises the idea that his stuff could potentially be found on a MWR car if TRD's team approach is fully embraced. TRD is aware of this type of loyalty to the way things were, and do the best they can to respect it--it won't work, however. So, I think out of sheer stubbornness and an obsession exclusivity, MWR goes TRD's way, and JGR goes with some of the TRD stuff and some of their own stuff. This has taken the relationship back a couple of years to the beginning really, and I don't think that that model was very effective. They need to pool their resources ala Team Hendrick + Satellites to get some answers to their set up questions. JGR is not alone--Look at Penske and Ford. Betcha Jamie Allison would kill to get Penske to share stuff with Jack for the One Ford program. It will be very interesting to see where things go from here. Bottom line is that JGR is not as competitive in my mind as MWR. Clint could have two legitimate wins if his pit crew didn't screw up. JGR really hasn't been that close (minus the Fontana win which was all me and my karma as we all know).

I know full well that Fontana was all you (Kyle did help a little) :D
The 4 car is in another class, obvious that the handling was spot on and there had to be some good things under the hood also IMO They arent done winning either. I dont give a crap about Homestead I want it NOW :)

I know full well that Fontana was all you (Kyle did help a little) :D
The 4 car is in another class, obvious that the handling was spot on and there had to be some good things under the hood also IMO They arent done winning either. I dont give a crap about Homestead I want it NOW :)

No question, if Homestead was tomorrow the 4 would be the favorite. Hands down. I do not think it is motor, however. Rodney has it dialed in. In fact, he suggested on NASCAR Radio that the CC's job was easier because of all of the freedom in set ups they now have. Holy sheet. I do not think there is much that separates the motors. There is much that separates the set ups.

Back
Top Bottom