What's Your 500 Plan?

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
We need something else to talk about in here lol...

The Daytona 500 is getting close and I know we all are awaiting the new season so that all is right in life again lol.

I usually go over to my Dad's or another buddy of ours, we drink about 15 beers, smoke a little, eat a lot of chips n dip and cheer and boo ours and each others drivers and talk a whole lotta smack lol.. Pretty much the same as every other weekend but this one is better because its like having a glass of ice cold water after a drought lol..

So what are you guys doing for the 500? Party? Family? Friends? Beer? Food? etc...

Which of you are going to be there? Im jealous..

:D

Also for those of you going or who have been there before.. what is your favorite part of speed weeks from a spectator point of view?

We need something else to talk about in here lol...

The Daytona 500 is getting close and I know we all are awaiting the new season so that all is right in life again lol.

I usually go over to my Dad's or another buddy of ours, we drink about 15 beers, smoke a little, eat a lot of chips n dip and cheer and boo ours and each others drivers and talk a whole lotta smack lol.. Pretty much the same as every other weekend but this one is better because its like having a glass of ice cold water after a drought lol..

So what are you guys doing for the 500? Party? Family? Friends? Beer? Food? etc...

Which of you are going to be there? Im jealous..

:D

Also for those of you going or who have been there before.. what is your favorite part of speed weeks from a spectator point of view?
If the weather is good It's the girls in bikini's on the beach, 100%.

I'm attending the best racing that weekend, the Duels, Truck and NW races. Assuming little poon doesn't score some free 500 tickets, I'll be taking a long ride on I-95 when the 500 starts.

I'm attending the best racing that weekend, the Duels, Truck and NW races. Assuming little poon doesn't score some free 500 tickets, I'll be taking a long ride on I-95 when the 500 starts.
That's alright... I would think that'll suck though being there and then having to leave before the big one... will u even be able to watch it?

I generally make several pounds of hot wings and get a beer or two. Chips and dip etc. if anyone else wants it. I watch either at my house or my dad's. That's pretty much how it goes every race.
This time however, I'm going down to Florida a day early, attending the 500, and then heading back to Carolina a few days later. I cannot wait!

My wife is on Facebook and Jeff Gordon was giving away free see through backpacks the other day on there (a fan appreciation thing)- so we had a couple of those mailed to us. Just about ready to go!

I listen to the entire pre-race show on NASCAR Radio. Then, I tune into the Fox stuff. I got a new big screen for Christmas with a sound system so I am jacked to crank it up. Computer on with RaceView. iPhone with RaceView. So, I am watching and listening to two drivers typically--Kyle and Matt in addition to the TV. I don't eat during races because I am too jacked. After the race, I eat, down a couple of beers, put my headset on, and listen to the NASCAR Radio breakdown. I am hoping like hell to celebrate a Toyota win (might be more than a couple of beers in that case). I freakin' love this stuff! Just love it. Can't wait. 3 weeks until the Unlimited. Go Toyota!

I listen to the entire pre-race show on NASCAR Radio. Then, I tune into the Fox stuff. I got a new big screen for Christmas with a sound system so I am jacked to crank it up. Computer on with RaceView. iPhone with RaceView. So, I am watching and listening to two drivers typically--Kyle and Matt in addition to the TV. I don't eat during races because I am too jacked. After the race, I eat, down a couple of beers, put my headset on, and listen to the NASCAR Radio breakdown. I am hoping like hell to celebrate a Toyota win (might be more than a couple of beers in that case). I freakin' love this stuff! Just love it. Can't wait. 3 weeks until the Unlimited. Go Toyota!
The morning of each race I have the local voodoo princess stick pins into a doll of each toyota and It's driver that's entered, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

That's alright... I would think that'll suck though being there and then having to leave before the big one... will u even be able to watch it?

DVR to watch Monday. I got a nice resort room, so I'll probably hang there as long as possible and start the 7 hour ride after dinner.

The morning of each race I have the local voodoo princess stick pins into a doll of each toyota and It's driver that's entered, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

Can you get her to stick an extra couple hundred in Kenseth for me ????

We will have a get together at my house like we always do. Have a big bonfire in the yard and shoot off fireworks. Of course we will watch the race too :D

We don't get together anymore, but back in the day all the racing buddies would put $5 apiece in the pot and draw numbers from a hat to see who gets to pick first, then pick our drivers. Leader at halfway got his $5 back, winner got the rest.

The spread outrivaled the best Super Bowl parties: shrimp platters, 6 foot sub, the works. BYOB, with honorary shots of something special whenever the spirit struck.

This time it'll be me and my big screen surround sound comfortable seat just steps from the food, fridge, and head.

And all my cyber racing buddies!

Freakin' knew it was you! ....and that virgin into the volcano? Damn it!

I was at Phoenix and saw the results of her work first hand, Damn she is good :D
Yep.
Voodoo_Priestess_by_michellemonique.jpg
hFF0468AC

Freakin' knew it was you! ....and that virgin into the volcano? Damn it!
The volcano had a trap door leading to my backyard and into the sound for a swim.

Unfortunately, my 500 plans will be working for likely the entire race. :/ I only get every third weekend off. I will get to watch the shootout and the duels though, so at least I'll get to see a bit of Daytona.

Stay home with Mrs.Miler, don't answer the phone or front door. Get all my chores done Saturday, so we can relax and enjoy the race on Sunday.

Going to go to the Battle at the Beach and K&N Pro Series at New Smyrna, and see if I can afford to hit a dirt race or 2, Been to Ocala and East Bay, Volusia has always been on my hit list. Probably will watch the 500 on tv if i'm not busy that day.

watch last 50 laps thats all you need to watch, especially on a plate track

Back
Top Bottom