Where's today's hate the Chase thread?

Obviously Fox Sports can give a chit about NASCAR, they have preempted so many NASCAR events that I have tried to watch with meaningless no name college games, preseason NFL games, Barrett Jackson Car Auctions, and just recently a stupid soccer game that I am just sick of it. FS1 stands for FOX SUCKS #1

Agreed 100%!!

Speed and now FS1 have always carried the Barrett Jackson Auction. That's nothing new. I've never seen FS1 televise the NFL. I gotta agree to disagree on FS1. They've been televising all kinds of NASCAR content through Dish Network. Maybe coverage varies according to the provider? I kinda doubt that though.

Speed and now FS1 have always carried the Barrett Jackson Auction. That's nothing new. I've never seen FS1 televise the NFL. I gotta agree to disagree on FS1. They've been televising all kinds of NASCAR content through Dish Network. Maybe coverage varies according to the provider? I kinda doubt that though.
Yes I think you are correct about the NFL game I was referring to, I believe it was ABC that preempted the Bristol race. So, if I understand you correctly you believe it is fine for FS1 to preempt NASCAR events for a car show. You're right, we will have to agree to disagree. By the way we have COMCAST down here in south Florida, Dish is Ok as long as it's not raining.

Yes I think you are correct about the NFL game I was referring to, I believe it was ABC that preempted the Bristol race. So, if I understand you correctly you believe it is fine for FS1 to preempt NASCAR events for a car show. You're right, we will have to agree to disagree. By the way we have COMCAST down here in south Florida, Dish is Ok as long as it's not raining.
The Barrett Jackson Auction is something that is scheduled well in advance. It's not preempting anything. Like I said, it is an event that has been televised for years. Speed Channel carried it as well. I don't have a problem with the televising that event. If there's NASCAR related activity going on at the same time they just throw it to FS2. I think it's a good thing that we have all of those options.

Oh, and as far as Dish goes, or DirecTV for that matter..... If rain is an issue than the person that did the install is the real issue. When the equipment is set up properly, rain isn't an issue.

The Barrett Jackson Auction is something that is scheduled well in advance. It's not preempting anything. Like I said, it is an event that has been televised for years. Speed Channel carried it as well. I don't have a problem with the televising that event. If there's NASCAR related activity going on at the same time they just throw it to FS2. I think it's a good thing that we have all of those options.

Oh, and as far as Dish goes, or DirecTV for that matter..... If rain is an issue than the person that did the install is the real issue. When the equipment is set up properly, rain isn't an issue.
lol, I've got several friends who would disagree with you dp, but I can see you seem to think your smarter so I digress. Legend in your own mind. By the way, my dad was one of the first satellite dish providers in the US when I was a kid. We actually made our dishes out of fiberglass back then. So I do have quite an extensive background in dish tv.

lol, I've got several friends who would disagree with you dp, but I can see you seem to think your smarter so I digress. Legend in your own mind. By the way, my dad was one of the first satellite dish providers in the US when I was a kid. We actually made our dishes out of fiberglass back then. So I do have quite an extensive background in dish tv.
Not sure why you need to make it a personal thing. I'm only speaking from my own experience and observations.

fwiw.......fox / nbc ' 10 yr contracts prolly needed 10 yr biz plan from nascar too .
so yeah ...they knew of new format ....... prolly helped formulate it.
performance clauses included.

as they monetize new mobile markets ......old tv ratings won't be a good reference anyway.
I imagine that Fox and NBC had some input into the new chase format. However, if they knew in July that they were going to change the format, I wonder why Brian waited until just a couple weeks before Speedweeks to announce it?

You've been on here for less than 3 weeks and you're personally attacking members? What a woodpecker head.

gukic.jpg

I imagine that Fox and NBC had some input into the new chase format. However, if they knew in July that they were going to change the format, I wonder why Brian waited until just a couple weeks before Speedweeks to announce it?

drama......maybe ? :D

sorta like rcr's #3

So I have a question. If the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup makes the regular season race pointless, and put all the emphasis on the last 10 races. Then how come in 2014, Earnhardt Jr. clicked off 4 wins, Harvick clicked off 5 wins, Brad K. clicked off 6 wins, Jeff Gordon clicked off 4 wins, Joey clicked off 5 wins, Johnson clicked off 4 wins, and Edwards clicked off 2 wins. Hel, 13 of the Chase drivers made it in on wins, the rest of them made it in on points. Even The Chase itself, we saw a battle between Wins and Consistency with Ryan Newman vs. the rest of the field.

So, how does the regular season not matter again?

So I have a question. If the NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup makes the regular season race pointless, and put all the emphasis on the last 10 races. Then how come in 2014, Earnhardt Jr. clicked off 4 wins, Harvick clicked off 5 wins, Brad K. clicked off 6 wins, Jeff Gordon clicked off 4 wins, Joey clicked off 5 wins, Johnson clicked off 4 wins, and Edwards clicked off 2 wins. Hel, 13 of the Chase drivers made it in on wins, the rest of them made it in on points. Even The Chase itself, we saw a battle between Wins and Consistency with Ryan Newman vs. the rest of the field.

Sixteen drivers making the Chase to begin with is a few too many. The size of the field relative to the rest of the series isn't quite as bad as it is in the NBA or NHL but it's still worse than that of the NFL and MLB postseasons. It was more unpredictable and dramatic going through the summer stretch into Richmond when it was ten or twelve drivers (a very large part of why only one driver has made every single Chase). Now you can pencil in most of the Chase field before the season starts, barring injury or tragedy.

Also, if you think of a driver's bonus points from regular seasons wins as seeds in other sports then there's no reason a driver shouldn't be able to carry their seed through the rest of the playoffs. Even if a league doesn't reseed then they still give the higher seed homefield or homecourt advantage.

I think you answered your own question. The fact that Brad, Jeff, Junior, etc. won all those races and didn't advance to the final four proves that the accomplishments of the season don't mean much once the final 10 roll around. A bad 3 race stretch, hell, one bad race, can undo a whole season's worth of great performance.

I think you answered your own question. The fact that Brad, Jeff, Junior, etc. won all those races and didn't advance to the final four proves that the accomplishments of the season don't mean much once the final 10 roll around. A bad 3 race stretch, hell, one bad race, can undo a whole season's worth of great performance.

By that logic, the Patriots should have won the Super Bowl when they were going 18-0 for that one season.

By that logic, the Patriots should have won the Super Bowl when they were going 18-0 for that one season.
This logic doesnt count because stick n ball playoffs are non-comparable to nascar racing playoffs. The 2 styles of sport are so different on so many levels that trying to compare them doesnt work.

So many posters here have elaborated on this issue but it seems like the others dont listen, they continue to compare them, just like above.

I just don't buy the logic that The Chase has made the regular season pointless, you still have to either rack up wins or get in on points, and obviously wins take priority over points in the regular season. Hel, even when most of the drivers only had one wins early on, many announcers and analyst were saying that in order to really cement your spot, you had to win more than one race. Now obviously that wasn't the case this year, but you can bet your bottom dollar that this year, most of the drivers will be going for wins so that they can get their spot in The Chase.

I just don't buy the logic that The Chase has made the regular season pointless, you still have to either rack up wins or get in on points, and obviously wins take priority over points in the regular season. Hel, even when most of the drivers only had one wins early on, many announcers and analyst were saying that in order to really cement your spot, you had to win more than one race. Now obviously that wasn't the case this year, but you can bet your bottom dollar that this year, most of the drivers will be going for wins so that they can get their spot in The Chase.
But you don't have to win that many races or accumulate that many points. There has never been a season with seventeen or more different race winners in the first twenty-six races, not even the season that saw nineteen different winners overall/thirty-four different drivers with a Top 5/forty-five different drivers with a Top 10. So you can get an extremely fluky win like Aric Almirola did and be able to play with your prick until mid-September.

But you don't have to win that many races or accumulate that many points. There has never been a season with seventeen or more different race winners in the first twenty-six races, not even the season that saw nineteen different winners overall/thirty-four different drivers with a Top 5/forty-five different drivers with a Top 10. So you can get an extremely fluky win like Aric Almirola did and be able to play with your prick until mid-September.

Except, that didn't happen. I mean Hel, even the eliminated drivers like Johnson and Earnhardt Jr. clicked off wins after they were eliminated from The Chase. I mean if what you said is true, then we shouldn't have seen Brad K with six wins, or Harvick with five wins. Your argument does not hold up to the reality.

I think the regular season would mean more if they didn't let so many drivers into the chase. I mean, other than Stewart, Larson, and Bowyer, was anybody really surprised by anybody else that didn't make it in?

Hell, Both Brad and Jeff won one race in the chase and even that didn't count for much.

It should be that if you win at least 1 race in the 10 race stretch you should be guaranteed to be a player to at least Phoenix.

This year it just so happened that those drivers were lucky (And had very ****** competition in the form of Almirora, AJ) etc, that it allowed them to advance.

Sooner or later, we'll see a dominant driver who won 5 races in the "regular" season and gets knocked out in the first round.

I will feel badly for that driver when that happens.

Except, that didn't happen. I mean Hel, even the eliminated drivers like Johnson and Earnhardt Jr. clicked off wins after they were eliminated from The Chase. I mean if what you said is true, then we shouldn't have seen Brad K with six wins, or Harvick with five wins. Your argument does not hold up to the reality.
What I'm getting at is that they don't mean anything. After the first win, what are they worth in terms of the championship? They don't help much in the Challenger round because that's when the field is the most diluted and they don't carry over into the remaining rounds.

What I'm getting at is that they don't mean anything. After the first win, what are they worth in terms of the championship? They don't help much in the Challenger round because that's when the field is the most diluted and they don't carry over into the remaining rounds.
'
The problem is that there's no real way to set up a "home field" advantage in this sport. It's not like the teams are spread out across the country at different tracks, I'm pretty sure about 98% of all NASCAR Top Three Tier racing teams are in and around Concord, NC.

'
The problem is that there's no real way to set up a "home field" advantage in this sport. It's not like the teams are spread out across the country at different tracks, I'm pretty sure about 98% of all NASCAR Top Three Tier racing teams are in and around Concord, NC.
I'm just saying they should carry the bonus points through Phoenix.

The carrying over of bonus points to later rounds would also make the regular season more relevant. Scrapping the bonus points after Dover is probably the dumbest thing about this chase format. Since we're doing NFL comparisons, it would be like if home field advantage were only given in the wildcard round, with the rest of the playoffs being played on a neutral site.

Who said that and when?

One win will guarantee you a spot these days.

When you have so many drivers in there you almost dont even need a win.

It dilutes the format as FL said.

For some reason, I keep thinking of Mike Joy and Larry Mac saying such stupidity like you need more than 1 win to get in.

You know something's wrong with that when even hacks like Almirora could get in with a fluke win.

Who said that and when?

One win will guarantee you a spot these days.

When you have so many drivers in there you almost dont even need a win.

It dilutes the format as FL said.

For some reason, I keep thinking of Mike Joy and Larry Mac saying such stupidity like you need more than 1 win to get in.

You know something's wrong with that when even hacks like Almirora could get in with a fluke win.
Almirola made the chase because it rained. I guess that's all ya need.

The post race elimination stuff had done went and ruined beauty pagents.

Thank you Brian.

Back
Top Bottom