Who do you root for? The Driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

Have to clarify....

1. Kyle Busch as long as he is in a Toyota
2. Manufacturer
3. Manufacturer

I don't root for a particular make per say. I am more of a fan of the sport. I typically don't like the fords because I am not a jack roush fan. but now we have penske and I like both penske drivers. not really a fan of toyota drivers but I do want to see bowyer win again.

Used to be strictly a Ford guy back when it mattered. Now it's who can give me the best deal. I still won't root for a toy-oater but that's just me.

Definitely driver then organization. Love Tony but I also root for his SHR teammates...

I follow driver first and if he is a team owner, then his team.

Definitely the whole team. The manufacturer would be the last of my reasons why i would root for a team.

It's kind of weird as I think about this......Obviously, if a driver isn't in a Toyota, I'm not pulling for him. However, I do not react equally when my Toyotas win (yeah, I know, not much of that this year). It is really a much bigger deal for me when Kyle wins. In addition, I have found that if I am not following one guy during the year, I kind of lose track of the development (or lack thereof). Spreading myself too thin amongst my drivers lessens the experience. An occasional check in on the scanner, however, provides a really cool basis for comparison in terms of communication and response to pressure. Excited to listen to Carl and Dave work together.

I enjoy racing for the excitement of man vs machine vs man. I like many different drivers that I don't root for different reasons. Cars in general are really just all the same bucket of nuts and bolts reassembled in a different manner. Besides that, racing involves all the fans from every age so a little kid can root for the cool green car and mom and dad may root for different drivers like Old Man E'hardt/Gordon.

Just curious. Do you root for a driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

I've always been a fan of drivers. No secret that my favorite is Dale Jr. That being the case though, I don't root for the HMS organization because of it or others just because they're in a Chevy. I don't really care about who someone drives for or what badge is on the front of the car. Where do your loyalties lie?
The driver any more. The manf deal is kind of a joke anymore and the organization is basically between a handfull of organizations and the sub teams.

joey said on his radio that he was tired of (in his opinion) her cutting him off right after it happened.
Right, he did say that. That doesn't mean he pulled a Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin or Carl Edwards on her. He just did what he had to to get by her. The faster car has to advance somehow. IMO

Right, he did say that. That doesn't mean he pulled a Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin or Carl Edwards on her. He just did what he had to to get by her. The faster car has to advance somehow. IMO

As in he pushed her out of the way. It was not an accident --he chose to get by her how he could. rightly or wrongly he did not accidentally push her out of the way.

As in he pushed her out of the way. It was not an accident --he chose to get by her how he could. rightly or wrongly he did not accidentally push her out of the way.
Its called racing and the idea is to get to the front and win. I know many races look like ride along follow me events but that isn't the main event.

What did you call it years ago when the only way to pass another was to "Move them" if slower drivers don't get the message then you move them. I can see we are never going to agree so I will leave this thread alone.

Its called racing and the idea is to get to the front and win. I know many races look like ride along follow me events but that isn't the main event.

What did you call it years ago when the only way to pass another was to "Move them" if slower drivers don't get the message then you move them. I can see we are never going to agree so I will leave this thread alone.

I call it a choice not and accident. I am not saying that moving someone is wrong, I am saying its a choice not an accident as you indicated before

I call it a choice not and accident. I am not saying that moving someone is wrong, I am saying its a choice not an accident as you indicated before
accidents are caused by choices people make.

I give up
You might as well, you won't get anywhere with Pete. He can justify any move that Brad or Sliced Bread make ;) It's all good, he just won't give in.
IMO, Joey punted her. I watched all the replays and he punted her. Did she chop him in the corner or was she making a late apex? Who knows. Joey did what he thought he had to do. The only problem I have with Danica, is, she should have taken him out at another race :)

You might as well, you won't get anywhere with Pete. He can justify any move that Brad or Sliced Bread make ;) It's all good, he just won't give in.
IMO, Joey punted her. I watched all the replays and he punted her. Did she chop him in the corner or was she making a late apex? Who knows. Joey did what he thought he had to do. The only problem I have with Danica, is, she should have taken him out at another race :)

Thanks I thought that too, haywired ...really seems like he punted her to me.

I root for skill. Period.

Be they a veteran, or a rookie, it doesn't matter to me, as long as they are getting after it on the track and making progress by driving clean and FAST.

Driver … I don't care about the make of the car or the team …

I see haywired already explained it … lol … in Pete's (Team Penkse) mind Brad makes no mistakes and arguing otherwise is a waste of time … and yeah Joey "moved" her …
I guess you don't read much.
Yes Joey moved her...thats what racers do.

I enjoy racing for the excitement of man vs machine vs man. I like many different drivers that I don't root for different reasons. Cars in general are really just all the same bucket of nuts and bolts reassembled in a different manner. Besides that, racing involves all the fans from every age so a little kid can root for the cool green car and mom and dad may root for different drivers like Old Man E'hardt/Gordon.

That was freakin' well said right there. Nailed it. Well done.

I'm a driver fan, have been since Dale JR became my driver. However, if it is getting down to the last few laps and my driver doesn't stand a chance, there's usually someone in the top 5 I can root for. What I hate is when 2 cars are coming to the checkers and I don't know which one I want to win.

I don't really have a driver. Terry Labonte was my guy, but I really haven't found anyone to call "MY DRIVER" since he retired. There are a few I root for though, Matt, Brad (even though he's a weenie sometimes), and I like Dale. NAZ ran a racing pool over on the other site so I would root for whoever I picked :) There are a few in the Busch cars I'll be watching like Chase and Blaney.

I don't really have a driver. Terry Labonte was my guy, but I really haven't found anyone to call "MY DRIVER" since he retired. There are a few I root for though, Matt, Brad (even though he's a weenie sometimes), and I like Dale. NAZ ran a racing pool over on the other site so I would root for whoever I picked :) There are a few in the Busch cars I'll be watching like Chase and Blaney.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t231/watsy1943/LOL/hi_****_you.gif been waiting for a chance to use this one. LOL

Morning Pete, is that because I think Brad's a "WEENIE":idunno: :moon:

:booya: but even I call him that when his head gets to big for the helmet or his mouth gets off the leash. :)

I still love the fact he comes to race rather than ride.

I guess you don't read much.
Yes Joey moved her...thats what racers do.

Going back and reading post 56 you called it an accident … it was NO accident so it looks like my reading comprehension is just fine …

Going back and reading post 56 you called it an accident … it was NO accident so it looks like my reading comprehension is just fine …

Now you feel my pain. I tried. :)

Now you feel my pain. I tried. :)

I've known Pete (though 3 racing forums) for near 10 years and he is a okay guy … when it comes to Brad, Pete will defend him regardless of the situation, right or wrong … I'm a BKez fan too but man does he need to STFU sometimes …

Back
Top Bottom