Who do you root for? The Driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

I've known Pete (though 3 racing forums) for near 10 years and he is a okay guy … when it comes to Brad, Pete will defend him regardless of the situation, right or wrong … I'm a BKez fan too but man does he need to STFU sometimes
Yep, Yep and Yep.

I've known Pete (though 3 racing forums) for near 10 years and he is a okay guy … when it comes to Brad, Pete will defend him regardless of the situation, right or wrong … I'm a BKez fan too but man does he need to STFU sometimes …

Right! Just like I am a Patrick fan, but sometimes do not where she is coming from with what she posts on social media, etc.

One thing I forgot to add to my post is that Pete will defend Joey in the same manner as he has Brad … this should have been included in my original post …

I've known Pete (though 3 racing forums) for near 10 years and he is a okay guy … when it comes to Brad, Pete will defend him regardless of the situation, right or wrong … I'm a BKez fan too but man does he need to STFU sometimes …
:laugh::laugh:

My favorite sponsors based on driver:
Pepsi (Go Gordon!) > Coke > Dr Pepper

My favorite sodas based on taste:
Dr Pepper :booya: > Coke > That Pepsi Crap

Order of drivers I cheer for:
Jeff Gordon > Drivers who stay in their series > Drivers who invade other series

There may be exceptions to my third list.

Attachments

• Dick Trickle.JPG
    Dick Trickle.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 229
MY LOYALTY GOES TO THE "OLD BLUE OVAL"
A few years ago I wouldn't have agreed with you but now that Team Penske is going to pull them up to contender level well
just let me say...........:booya:

Good to see you over here. Any news??

Anybody that drives for Penske I usually try to like, Roger Penske has been a life long racer/winner in many different series, been a fan since the late Mark Donohue drove Camaro's in late 60's Trans Am and the insanely fast Porsche 917-30 in the Can Am series the fastest race car ever built. Ganassi, Hendrick, Childress, Petty, and the Woods brothers in the Nascar series. Foyt and Andretti, in open wheel.

Anybody that drives for Penske I usually try to like, Roger Penske has been a life long racer/winner in many different series, been a fan since the late Mark Donohue drove Camaro's in late 60's Trans Am and the insanely fast Porsche 917-30 in the Can Am series the fastest race car ever built. Ganassi, Hendrick, Childress, Petty, and the Woods brothers in the Nascar series. Foyt and Andretti, in open wheel.
Your old. ;)

Went to my first race, 1/4 mile dirt track in 63 at 12, been hooked every since. I'm not the oldest racing fan on here, but as they say, to be an old race fan you need to do two things, be a racing fan for a long time, and don't die.

Went to my first race, 1/4 mile dirt track in 63 at 12, been hooked every since. I'm not the oldest racing fan on here, but as they say, to be an old race fan you need to do two things, be a racing fan for a long time, and don't die.
In 1963 I drove my first race at the CNE fairgrounds in Toronto Ont. I was 20. Took me a week to put all the glass and lights back in the car after. Roll cages were not mandatory but you did have to remove all glass.

I am a Ford guy through and through. I drive and race Fords. I was a huge Mark Martin fan up until the day he switched to Chevy. I gave away roughly $10,000 worth of merchandise I had collected. A friend of mine had a son who loved Martin and didn't care he switched. Made his year!

Im loyal to the driver first and always have been. I cant help but think somebody at Ford really let Chase Elliott get away from them. He would have been a great match but I am happy that he has a good ride with a good team and Chevrolet. At least he is not in a Yota.

Im loyal to the driver first and always have been. I cant help but think somebody at Ford really let Chase Elliott get away from them. He would have been a great match but I am happy that he has a good ride with a good team and Chevrolet. At least he is not in a Yota.

You hit the nail on the head there. I was also shocked that Ford let him get away. Especially after the old man did some of his best work in a Ford. My dad was a huge Bill Elliot fan and was crushed when he left Fords. Oh well manufacturer loyalty isn't what it once was.

A few years ago I wouldn't have agreed with you but now that Team Penske is going to pull them up to contender level well
just let me say...........:booya:

Good to see you over here. Any news??
NO NEWS WORTH POSTING, PETE. I WILL HAVE A BUNCH TO SAY AFTER THE FIRST 5 RACES IN 2015!!!!!!!!

Driver.. but I also prefer my driver's team and manufacturer over others as well... If it's not Joey that's going to win... I'd prefer it be Brad or someone else in a Ford... but it was the same when he drove a Toyota for JGR.
THEIR GOING TO START GAGING ON THE SLOWIE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT 22 JUST FLIES AROUND THE TRACK WITH PENSKE POWER. I SEE LOTS OF WINS FOR THIS YOUNG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1963 I drove my first race at the CNE fairgrounds in Toronto Ont. I was 20. Took me a week to put all the glass and lights back in the car after. Roll cages were not mandatory but you did have to remove all glass.

My math suxs but since you both reference my birth year 1963 one of you is 12 years older than me and the other 20 :D

You hit the nail on the head there. I was also shocked that Ford let him get away. Especially after the old man did some of his best work in a Ford. My dad was a huge Bill Elliot fan and was crushed when he left Fords. Oh well manufacturer loyalty isn't what it once was.

I was not too happy to see Bill leave Ford either but they were not providing him any help there at the end. He never forgot how to drive and proved it when he got back into decent equipment. I was glad it was Dodge at the time instead of Chevrolet. HMS drivers seem to stay pretty happy and hang around a long time so Chase is in a good spot right now imo. While I would like to see him in a Ford he is better off being with Hendrick/ Dale Jr than somebody like Jack Roush who just uses people up.

I was not too happy to see Bill leave Ford either but they were not providing him any help there at the end. He never forgot how to drive and proved it when he got back into decent equipment. I was glad it was Dodge at the time instead of Chevrolet. HMS drivers seem to stay pretty happy and hang around a long time so Chase is in a good spot right now imo. While I would like to see him in a Ford he is better off being with Hendrick/ Dale Jr than somebody like Jack Roush who just uses people up.

Ford was def concentrating their efforts in the Roush camp at the end of Bill's tenure with them. That was a shame too because I believe he still had some wins in him. I have to say I wasn't complaining because Martin was winning and I like Jack Roush. I use some of his parts in my motor and there R&D helped save me a ton of money. I was a bigger fan of Robert Yates as some of my best equip came from them.

Anyway, I would love to have seen Chase end up at Penske, but as you said he is in good company at HMS and as long as he produces results he should have a long career at HMS.

Ford was def concentrating their efforts in the Roush camp at the end of Bill's tenure with them. That was a shame too because I believe he still had some wins in him. I have to say I wasn't complaining because Martin was winning and I like Jack Roush. I use some of his parts in my motor and there R&D helped save me a ton of money. I was a bigger fan of Robert Yates as some of my best equip came from them.

Anyway, I would love to have seen Chase end up at Penske, but as you said he is in good company at HMS and as long as he produces results he should have a long career at HMS.
Do, you race, dirtmod15?

Just curious. Do you root for a driver, the organization, the manufacturer?

I've always been a fan of drivers. No secret that my favorite is Dale Jr. That being the case though, I don't root for the HMS organization because of it or others just because they're in a Chevy. I don't really care about who someone drives for or what badge is on the front of the car. Where do your loyalties lie?
Driver...........
Joooonyer PST.JPG

Reactions: Lin
Yes currently race UMP Dirt Mods around the midwest. I have a dirt late model but I put it up for sale due to the massive dent it put in my wallet! We are currently prepping two cars for Florida Speedweeks.
Good Luck in Florida !

I love Roger Penske. Years back when the Champ Cars came to Portland, he would stroll through paddock, and just start conversations with people. Saddled up next to me one morning before practice, and said, "Good morning, I'm Roger Penske, what's your name?" Are you ****** serious? Unreal down to earth human being. Glad I don't have to hate anybody to root for my Toyotas because I could never hate that guy.

I'm a driver fan, have been since Dale JR became my driver. However, if it is getting down to the last few laps and my driver doesn't stand a chance, there's usually someone in the top 5 I can root for. What I hate is when 2 cars are coming to the checkers and I don't know which one I want to win.

Usually the one I am rooting for will fail to win :(

Good heavens ...................... has Brad done something wrong again ? did he pass somebody or what :D

Good heavens ...................... has Brad done something wrong again ? did he pass somebody or what :D

He may be the Target again this year, Denny and Carl on the same team. I can visualize Matt sitting back laughing at those clowns as they try to outdo each other.:)

Right! Just like I am a Patrick fan, but sometimes do not where she is coming from with what she posts on social media, etc.

One thing Danica has gotten better on, maybe not quite there yet, is to not blame someone for every incident on the track. Sometimes things are just racing incidents, and she has had her fair share of racing incidents.

Back
Top Bottom