Bonehead of the week: Pocono

MRM

Team Owner
I have two candidates for this week. Not sure which one I'm going with on this one. My first is Ryan Newman for wearing out the back bumper of Joey Logano (though that was probably deserved) and then getting loose and banking off Kyle Busch. My other is Brad K's crew for thinking they could get away with pushing in the door. Not sure if that penalty cost him the race, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure.

Ryan did seem to be into a lot today but they whole field was pretty aggressive.

Oh yeah, was that Brad's team who leaned on their car? Not very smart.

I think Paul Wolfe would have to be the front runner. BK probably had the car to beat too without cheating. My MRN was cutting out, what happened to Kenseth after he was dominating?

Last edited:
Brad for saying in his post race interview that he wasn't sure what happened with the pit stop and that maybe his crew would have a better idea. Jackass.

I like the payback Newman put on Lagano. It was immediate, not over the top, and deserved imo.

The #2 crew, provided that little aero mod was intentional. They had a fast car anyways and I'm not sure it would be worth any potential post-race penalties.

The #2 crew, provided that little aero mod was intentional. They had a fast car anyways and I'm not sure it would be worth any potential post-race penalties.
It had a purpose. Tested in the wind tunnel.

If that depression in the body panel adds 10 pounds of downforce at 100mph, it becomes 40 pounds at 200. More grip makes you faster.

I didn't see Brad's interview but from reading his comments it doesn't sound that he was throwing his crew under the bus, I think he was just saying that he wasn't sure if his car had any body modifications or to what extent they were. And by this time the officials had surrounded his car so he couldn't get a good look at it.

“I don’t know what they saw so it is not really fair for me to say anything about that,” Keselowski said after the race. “I can tell you that every car I saw had some body modifications on it after pit stops out there today.

“I don’t know if ours was more egregious or even if we had one. That is for the team guys to really answer.”

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...at-pocono-and-it-might-not-stop-there-744656/

It had a purpose. Tested in the wind tunnel.

If that depression in the body panel adds 10 pounds of downforce at 100mph, it becomes 40 pounds at 200. More grip makes you faster.
I'm sure it did. Not so sure that it was worth the crap they got and may get in the next couple of days, even after being locked into the Chase.

I'm sure it did. Not so sure that it was worth the crap they got and may get in the next couple of days, even after being locked into the Chase.
I'll guess there will be further repercussions.

Yeah, a guy that doesn't throw his team under the bus when they potentially cost him the race....what a jackass.
Oh give me a freakin break. He's 100% a jackass and everyone knows it. Let's instead lie to everyone watching and treat them like they're dumber than rocks.

You don't think he knew they were going to pull that stunt or signed off on it in some way shape or form? Don't be naive.

Oh give me a freakin break. He's 100% a jackass and everyone knows it. Let's instead lie to everyone watching and treat them like they're dumber than rocks.

You don't think he knew they were going to pull that stunt or signed off on it in some way shape or form? Don't be naive.

I have no idea what he or any other driver out there knows or doesn't know about their car and neither do you. Crew chiefs all the time say there are things they don't tell their driver. Is Brad above getting an advantage? Nope. Neither is any other driver out there. But he wasn't going to take part in the media attempt to cause more of an issue than there was.

Now his comments after the telecast about your boy......he's put his foot in his mouth on that one.

DW for saying Kyle shouldn't take his car to the garage. Laughed my backside off when Jeff said words to the effect of "he is locked into the chase so points in this race don't mean anything." DW was tongue tied and it was like he didn't know that once you have won a race in the first 26 it doesn't really matter what else happens.

Wow , nobody nominated Danica yet . Oh well it is late , most of the younger forum members are likely gone to bed .

The jackman for the #2. This is at least the second time he's got his team a penalty. Also honorable mention to Stewart for taking out himself and one of his cars.

I'm going with Kyle Busch. Dude went into total meltdown mode after Chase Elliott held him off.
That was a "WTF moment" rich in irony. After years of steadfastly refusing to bow down to those veteran drivers having a well-developed sense of entitlement, Kyle Busch is now in the mode of demanding deferential treatment from the young gun driving the 24 car. Ha ha ha.

I like the payback Newman put on Lagano. It was immediate, not over the top, and deserved imo.
Yeah, there is a difference between the first 50 laps and the last 50. Joey needs to figure that out.

Wow , nobody nominated Danica yet . Oh well it is late , most of the younger forum members are likely gone to bed .
As one of the younger members here, I should take offense to that, lucky for me, I just dont care;)

I am not sure who to side with, as much as I want to side with the people picking Kyle, I think I have to give my pick to the line backer on the 2 team.

I nominate B Kez for forgetting once again the #1 rule of Nascar survival in social media age... "all vanilla all the time." Things like speaking your mind and standing up for your crew are such quaint concepts. They just are not worth the inevitable backlash.

I nominate B Kez for forgetting once again the #1 rule of Nascar survival in social media age... "all vanilla all the time." Things like speaking your mind and standing up for your crew are such quaint concepts. They just are not worth the inevitable backlash.
Yeah but they sure make for fun conversations after! But I agree. He steps in it quite frequently.

Guess I have to give it to the 2 crewman , he shouldn't be doing the bump with a Ford Fusion.

Kyle also said NASCAR threw a debris caution because "anything to help out Chase Elliott".

LOL

I expect Kyle will pay it back sometime this year (even though there's nothing really to pay back) and give Chase a little nudge with that crappy looking Toyota logo.

I would almost Give Chase a pass on this, but, he screwed up big time on the last restart when he pushed for a pass in the tunnel turn. I think it cost him the win. JMHO

I would almost Give Chase a pass on this, but, he screwed up big time on the last restart when he pushed for a pass in the tunnel turn. I think it cost him the win. JMHO
Yeah he seemed super anxious to get back up there and build a lead that way he could go into fuel conservation mode sooner. Just didn't work out.

I still don't think he'll win this year, but it's at least to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

I think Paul Wolfe would have to be the front runner. BK probably had the car to beat too without cheating. My MRN was cutting out, what happened to Kenseth after he was dominating?

Kenseth put the blame on himself for having some bad restarts. He said he had a race winning type of car, but just couldn't figure out how to get into turn one all day on restarts.

Back
Top Bottom