Will changes next year help Stewart?

I am so stoked for next yr. hopes are high. I think these changes play into Patricks hands. She is familiar with momentum racing, and we may see more of that. I am also interested how she will do sorting out a car on a level playing field. All these are guys are gonna be figuring out the new car too.

momentum racing? not familiar with that. Is that anything like the rhythm method?

Shouldn't take up too much of his time , he should still be able to race .

Yeah I think when Tony feels he's ready, he'll be back in a dirt car. He loves racing too much to step aside totally.

I always like Schraeder until a couple years ago. At the time he was driving the 32 car part time and gave an interview about how he was disappointed he couldn't go dirt racing every weekend and how "it blows the hell out of any weekend he could be running dirt". That really rubbed me the wrong way. Totally discounted what a huge privilege it is to drive a Cup car. I was shocked he said that, and really felt he should have been out of the car immediately and given someone else that chance if he wanted to go dirt racing so bad.

I think chad johnston is actually pretty good. he and martin truex were wiked fast at MWR. If he could put a MWR car under truex that was fast I think he has to be pretty good. Age HAS to be a factor with tony drivers do fall of and as I get to be over 40 myself I totally understand how it happens. Your body just isn't the same once you pass your mid 30's. As a driver I personally think I would have been best in my late 20's. physical conditioning helps a ton but tony is neither young nor fit. I think he has a few more wins left in the tank but thats it.

Tony himself said that Chad was an awesome crew chief and one of the better ones he has worked with. He said that he doesn't want to split up what he and Chad have been working on this year. I think next year Tony will be back to himself more.

I also wonder if he's just too focused on the ownership side. At JGR all he had to worry about was winning races. Now he has to worry about dealing with sponsors, how the other 3 cars are running, hiring and firing guys in the shop......

I also wonder if he's just too focused on the ownership side. At JGR all he had to worry about was winning races. Now he has to worry about dealing with sponsors, how the other 3 cars are running, hiring and firing guys in the shop......
I think Tony is definitely trying to wear too many hats at once. He needs to find someone to take some responsibilities off his shoulders. But, having been married to a Type A personality(and I see Type A all over Tony), relinquishing responsibility will be difficult. It's the old "No one can do things the way I want them done, except me" sydrome.

I think Tony is definitely trying to wear too many hats at once. He needs to find someone to take some responsibilities off his shoulders. But, having been married to a Type A personality(and I see Type A all over Tony), relinquishing responsibility will be difficult. It's the old "No one can do things the way I want them done, except me" sydrome.

Can anybody remember a driver that successfully held down a second job while racing at his best ? Used to be that many drivers stayed away from even racing on Saturday because it might take their focus away from racing on Sunday .

I'm looking forward to what 2015 brings for Tony....Hopefully he will rest up these next couple months and his surgery will go well and help him.....

Yes I would put them 4th behind Hendrick, Penske, & Gibbs, but ahead of Roush & Childress. Harvick won the championship mostly with the crew that didn't excel for years with Newman, Busch did pretty well with a first year team. Patrick may just never be better than a 12th-18th team. Stewart may have to come to grips with the fact that to stay competitive at 40 requires much more effort, training, diet, focus, etc than it did when he was 30.

He finished the season running with Tony's pit crew I believe.
I didn't expect much from Kurt with the CC he had. 2015 should be better.
Harvick admitted that Kurt was a big help last year and this year. It's possible that his career is over because of the charges.

Tony wasn't healed up and then throw in the Ward incident and Tony was screwed for the season. That it didn't suit his driving doesn't or shouldn't count for that much. To be the champion you need to be able to adapt and Tony along with others weren't able to it seems like. Maybe he will end up like MW and just race select races that he likes. Danica isn't much more than a seat filler that brings a sponsor which I guess I can't blame Tony for. Busch and Kevin will do OK with the cars unless there is another change like eliminating the flares, which I hope they do.

He has managers to do those jobs, he just oversees those managers. IMO

Greg Stucker from Goodyear Racing is reporting that the 2015 rules take the car to a slightly looser condition as expected. This should help Tony and others. Good news for my Toyota guys who trend to the loose side of things.

Greg Stucker from Goodyear Racing is reporting that the 2015 rules take the car to a slightly looser condition as expected. This should help Tony and others. Good news for my Toyota guys who trend to the loose side of things.
I just hope Tony gets well with his leg.

Same here! It was good to see him out and about at the banquet, then there were pics of him on Twitter standing and addressing the SHR employees Tuesday...then the PRI Bash at Indy yesterday....he's been keeping busy post surgery.

Honestly, I just hope smoke gets right with his head. He is tough enough to drive with that leg, but I worry about the rest of his life with his head. I like Smoke for the oddest reason.....He crapped his drawers when JGR went Toyota, and left the next year because of it. I so respect that manufacturer passion.

Back
Top Bottom