Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Still to early

• Total voters
S

smack500

Sterling had a big lead and just about everyone was 80% to 90% sure he had the cup in his pocket. Does everyone feel the same about mat?

Kenseth isn't likely to have a back injury as Sterling did,which is all that really killed Marlin's big lead, remember.Also consider Jeff's best track and Matt's worst track is now behind us.To make a long story short only a LOT of 'Nascar-engineering' is going to keep Kenseth from winning the title this year IMO.

I dont have the facts on me but didnt marlin loose alot of his points a couple races before the injury and the sit out.

Kenseth is looking good and I voted for him but J. Gordon and B. Labonte also look tough. Should be a good points battle.
Sorry, I got the photo a little large. :unsure:

Attachments

• Marybeth___Car.jpg
    Marybeth___Car.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 179
I picked Matt, but I agree with DeeDee...still WAY too early.

I said it was still to early to pick the winner. I feel that it is really going to come down to a choice of Kenseth, J.Gordon and possibly Bobby Labonte. There are a couple of others in the top 10 that could easily sneak in there as well.

Originally posted by muggle not@Jun 26 2003, 05:23 AM
Sorry, I got the photo a little large. :unsure:
Hey Mugs...how's she doing this year & were you guys able to get a sponsor?

As much as I'd love to see Jeff get #5 I think it'll be Matt. He always runs near or in the top ten and is good at staying out of trouble. Factor that with the best pit crew and a pretty nice points lead and it'll be tough to catch him. Matt will make a great champion.

I said Mikey since he has the least amount of pressure on him. No one expects him to contend, espeacilly DEI. Ive done math, and he only has to make up 17.7 points per week to get first.

I also voted for him becuase I didn't want him to end up with 0...

I went with Bobby, I'd like to see him win but actually I think (as the old saying goes) it's not over till the fat lady sings.

P picked Kenseth. But with half a season to go you cant couln out any of the top 5.

I dont know why everyone all the sudden wants to hand the Championship to Matt Kenseth, it's almost like handing it to Ryan Newman even before the season started. If you look at how many engine failures that plagued Matt Kenseth in 2001 and 2002, then obviously everyone else would be pulling for a different driver.

Look at the comeback Dale Jr. waged last season in 2002 from 18th to 11th. Look at how many points Jeff Gordon gained last year to threaten Tony Stewart for the points lead. We can't lock out Kurt Busch either, Why ? Busch with his win at Michigan tied Kenseth on the all-time wins list. Back to Dale Jr. I feel that everyone always seems to overlook Dale Earnhardt Jr. when going for the championship, how many wins, how many things will it take for people to believe that he will be a serious contender? When he wins the Pepsi 400 and gains lots of points on Kenseth, I think it will definetely silence the critics.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jun 27 2003, 10:59 AM
Look at the comeback Dale Jr. waged last season in 2002 from 18th to 11th. Look at how many points Jeff Gordon gained last year to threaten Tony Stewart for the points lead. We can't lock out Kurt Busch either, Why ? Busch with his win at Michigan tied Kenseth on the all-time wins list. Back to Dale Jr. I feel that everyone always seems to overlook Dale Earnhardt Jr. when going for the championship, how many wins, how many things will it take for people to believe that he will be a serious contender? When he wins the Pepsi 400 and gains lots of points on Kenseth, I think it will definetely silence the critics.
Couldn't have said it better myself.. BTW, Welcome to the boards bud!

Back
Top Bottom