Will Stewart get a fine ?

Whizzer

Gig'em
Now Joe Gibbs has returned to the Redskins, Tony is acting up again.

Just for the record, Tony Stewart is a prime example of a child in a mans body.

This guy is a danger on the race track. I expect responses from Stewart fans offering excuses, so before they start, keep in mind, there is NO excuse for his behavior during the race yesterday.

If Tony can not control his temper on the track, NASCAR should step in and do something before he hurts or wrecks someone else.

The chain of events taking place after Tony smashed into Wimmer show the immaturity of the individual and although the outcome hurt Tony the most, it is a convincing indicator he is incapable of controlling his emotions or acting as an adult.

Tony Stewart at the least deserves a fine and at the worse, a deduction of points and probation. It seems the "temper tantrum control school" is not doing the job.

well said whizz, wimmer had the last laugh , even thou tony tore up his car, he still finished on the lead lap, a 13th place finish

NASCAR needs a bad boy and Stewart has been deemed so by the refs..........because you are only bad because you get away with it. If you get penalized then it soon stops and so will the image.

If Tony gets a fine, I will applaud NASCAR.
If Winner gets a fine, I will be pretty upset.

Sorry to disappoint you Whizzer. I'm a Tony fan but for the life of me can't figure out what's up with him the past few weeks. He's had very fast cars only to tear them up beating and banging fenders and putting himself out of contention by doing so. :cuckoo:

I don't think he'll be fined and/or points taken away for this incident though because they've already punished him. He lost a lot of points and cash by finishing back so far. I'm not saying that is right, just what I think will happen.

If his antics continue, park him a week. If that don't do it, send him back to open wheel cars where he can do as he pleases.

I just don't know what to say, Tony hasn't even given me a little something to defend him with. :(

Originally posted by Eagle1@Mar 29 2004, 06:10 PM
I just don't know what to say, Tony hasn't even given me a little something to defend him with. :(
That's bad.

If Nascar is not fining Jr for purposely spinning himself and causing a caution which Jr so badly needed, then Nascar better not fine Tony. I know Tony has been hot headed lately on the track but Jr admitted to Nascar that he purposely caused his own caution. I think if it was anyone other then Jr, they would have been fined. That's just my 2cents.

A good friend of mine who is a big Tony fan( ;) ) said almost the same thing Eagle did. Tony does seem a little tense and reckless to put it mildly. I don't understand his behavior---without these outbursts Stewart is potentially the best driver out there.

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 29 2004, 06:26 PM
A good friend of mine who is a big Tony fan( ;) ) said almost the same thing Eagle did. Tony does seem a little tense and reckless to put it mildly. I don't understand his behavior---without these outbursts Stewart is potentially the best driver out there.
Is this an attempt to try to get out of the dog house? :rolleyes:

My friend is a big Tony fan, but he won't even discuss the races any more the next day or so. He just ...sorta ...dissapears! Tony has been driving like I play Nascar Thunder, except I can push "End Game" . I hope Tony gets back to decent racing. I really hate to see him pick up a name like Bodine, Park or one of the others. Tony is very talanted and hopefully he will use his talent.

Tony will likely not get even an unfriendly word from NASCAR. I think they have reached a point with him where they realize he won't change. He is an immature punk and one hell of a good driver. He has many fans who like that in him, and many people who can't stand it. Either way NASCAR is selling merchandise and making money. :sne:

When was the last time Tony won a race? Maybe his funds are getting a little low and he has decided to cut back on the anger management classes in an effort to limit expenses. :(

IMHO both Toni Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr. should be fined and lose perhaps 25 driver/owner points.It wont happen,all depends on which drivers are involved,or so it seems at times.

Yea what tony did was bad and all. he shouldnt be fined but lose some points like 24thunder said.

Originally posted by DeeDee+Mar 29 2004, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DeeDee @ Mar 29 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--97forever@Mar 29 2004, 06:26 PM
Is this an attempt to try to get out of the dog house? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Of course not honey. ;) Well, ok, yeah it is but you know I do respect Stewarts skill level if not his personality. Hell...that kind of goes for my opinion of Busch, even. (Although Kurt is showing much more maturity these days.)

(Although Kurt is showing much more maturity these days.)

:D So was Tony last year. LOL

I'd like to add 1 thing; NASCAR punished Tony on the track Sunday which caused him to lose both points and dollars. "If" they had not, I too would think Tony should be punished. However I'm not in favor of a double punishment. JMHO :)

Originally posted by Eagle1@Mar 30 2004, 02:42 PM

I'd like to add 1 thing; NASCAR punished Tony on the track Sunday which caused him to lose both points and dollars. "If" they had not, I too would think Tony should be punished. However I'm not in favor of a double punishment. JMHO :)
At the risk of repeating myself, what Tony did Sunday was an offense punishable by more than a one lap penalty.

Stewart's continued temper tantrums and reactions on-track deserve more than a slap on the wrist, which, in effect, was the penalty placed by NASCAR at the time.

From the previous posts, even his fans see an unsavory change in his driving and personality and most indicate something needs to be done to spare them the embarrasment they go through as a result of his childish behavior.

Tony is the best driver on the track today, bar none. He eclipses his own ability by reacting the way he does when things do not go his way. Tony is a danger to himself and to others on the track as was proven Sunday. He needs to get his ass kicked, and kicked hard or he will never get the message.

NASCAR is a new time and a new generation. The rules of racing haven't changed but acceptable standards of behavior have.

Throwbacks to the days of A.J. Foyt who can't or won't get it straight, belong in a different series, not with the best of the best.

The thing that iritates me the most is the fact this guy is good!! He is better than good yet he constantly shoots himself in the foot. It is a shame to see talent wasted through irrational behavior, but it certainly is not the first time and most likely will not be the last.

Jeez, he seems to get upset if not leading every lap of every race. The guy is obviously one of the more talented drivers out there as well as one the most immature. If he wants to win another championship he better get his act together and drive the way everyone knows he can. He has, however, finally shut up about gas mileage.

Originally posted by Whizzer+Mar 30 2004, 10:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whizzer @ Mar 30 2004, 10:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Eagle1@Mar 30 2004, 02:42 PM

At the risk of repeating myself, what Tony did Sunday was an offense punishable by more than a one lap penalty.

Stewart's continued temper tantrums and reactions on-track deserve more than a slap on the wrist, which, in effect, was the penalty placed by NASCAR at the time.

From the previous posts, even his fans see an unsavory change in his driving and personality and most indicate something needs to be done to spare them the embarrasment they go through as a result of his childish behavior.

Tony is the best driver on the track today, bar none. He eclipses his own ability by reacting the way he does when things do not go his way. Tony is a danger to himself and to others on the track as was proven Sunday. He needs to get his ass kicked, and kicked hard or he will never get the message.

NASCAR is a new time and a new generation. The rules of racing haven't changed but acceptable standards of behavior have.

Throwbacks to the days of A.J. Foyt who can't or won't get it straight, belong in a different series, not with the best of the best.

The thing that iritates me the most is the fact this guy is good!! He is better than good yet he constantly shoots himself in the foot. It is a shame to see talent wasted through irrational behavior, but it certainly is not the first time and most likely will not be the last. [/b][/quote]
You are repeating yourself. I read your opinion the first time and agreed with most of it, posted to it and moved on.
I've reposted to others posts and gave "My Opimiom" and posted as such. I don't need to be reminded of "Your Opinion" I read it. Does that mean mine is wrong just because you disagree with it?

From Nascar.com this morning...Wimmer, Stewart penalized for Lap 201 incident
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Ricky Craven slipped sideways on Lap 201, Wimmer attempted to avoid Craven's car and Stewart hit Wimmer's machine from behind.

Attempting to miss the melee, Robby Gordon spun out, bringing out the caution flag.

"I guess Tony didn't look over his hood or whatever but he run right into the back of me," Wimmer said. "I guess it upset him that he ran into the back of me, but it's all right."

As the cars slowed behind the pace car, Wimmer and Stewart banged doors. That caused NASCAR to give both drivers a one-lap penalty.

"I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't spin anybody out. I was getting run into by Tony," Wimmer said. "I didn't go back and spin him out or anything like that. I didn't really understand the penalty but NASCAR makes calls."

When Stewart's crew chief, Greg Zipadelli, was informed of the penalty, he angrily slammed his fist down on his notebook stand on top of the crash cart, flipping his notes onto the ground.

But he quickly regained his composure and gave the helmet of the NASCAR official a friendly tap shortly thereafter.

Wimmer's crew chief, Frank Stoddard, then came to the No. 20 pit area and animatedly discussed the penalty with Zipadelli, rapping his hands together to show how the two cars collided under yellow.

"(Craven) got sideways off the corner," Stoddard said. "We punted the back of the 32 because we're in the gas. The 32 comes and says, 'I'm sorry about that' and apologized to us.

"the 20 jacks us up in the back because he's in the gas and then the caution comes out. The 20 comes up and runs into the back of us two or three times and then comes up to the outside of us, runs into the side of us.

"What is the penalty on the 22? I'd like to know what the penalty is on that deal. They couldn't see it from there anyway. I guess they just decided it, I don't know."

Wimmer was able to get his lap back and finished 13th.

Stewart's car made several pit stops during the caution to repair damage to the right-front fender. He finished 24th.

I'm glad that Scott Wimmer was able to pull out a decent finish at Bristol,as He's totally screwed by NASCAR,penalized for getting hit by another driver?That's asinine,but then this is NASCAR :D :lol:

You are repeating yourself. I read your opinion the first time and agreed with most of it, posted to it and moved on.
I've reposted to others posts and gave "My Opimiom" and posted as such. I don't need to be reminded of "Your Opinion" I read it. Does that mean mine is wrong just because you disagree with it? [QUOTE}

[/QUOTE]
NOPE !!! Not at all. The probelm is deeper than a one time on track incident and as such, take took the post for what the opinion offered and disagree with the one lap penalty NASCAR issued as being worthy of the offense.
So why not agree to disagree ??? :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom