WTF Paul Menard

C

clintbowyer#1

What do you think was going through his head? Was that weird or it is just me?

The announcers sounded like...just for a minute...that they were going to blame Kurt for getting into Menard. I was not happy.

What was going through his head?

He shoulda beat that ugly mug of Kyles.

Your right. WTF was going through his head?

I was shocked there wasn't more guys do 2 tires. reason being is what happens if the caution comes out right after you take the white flag?? you have just gained a ton of spots. dale jr in particular if you him why in the world not do 2 tires?? not pitting even crossed my mind just in case you got lucky with the caution coming out during the white flag lap.

who?Oh, the spoiled brat that gets everything paid for and has no idea how to drive….
He actually can drive a little bit. He came up through all the short track series here in Wisconsin. He won a few races at every level, doubt he would be a NASCAR star without his last name since he always had a ride at the next level. Probably would be that guy at your local short track who wins 3-4 features a year without his pa's money.

This thread is funny. No menard fan but EVERYONE spun the tires on the top lane all night.

Agreed. Menards Wheel spin might have been increased by taking 2 tires...

This thread is funny. No menard fan but EVERYONE spun the tires on the top lane all night.

Not only that, but Harvick in his after race interview said that he knew Menard and a couple other cars only took two, and basically said they were sitting ducks. Only decent restart I saw all night on the top was Gordon, and IMO he jumped the restart, but the lower lane ate him up so fast it looked ok. But the whole mess was because that goof Kyle brought out the caution by being an idiot. Menard did drift up, but even if Harvick lifted there was no place to go Joey was even higher and was coming.

One screw up and he's back on "Daddy's money" level.

That outside lane had zero grip. So many struggled with it, but thats one of those things. He's earned a lot of respect, always a quiet guy and it seems like he's gotten much better. He's not the waste like he once was, he's improved greatly. I'll give him a pass, if KyBu and Harvick can ruin races. Menard I cannot remember the last time he messed up someone elses race.

Paul Menard has matured into a decent driver, it only took about a decade of spending his daddy's money. If his name were Paul Smith, he'd be racing start and parks or in the Nationwide Series or even out of NASCAR by now.

He'll always be "daddy's money" in my book.

My problem was how badly he spun them, then wouldn't give it up for cars on 4 new. When you make such a dramatic strategy move, you have to use some common sense. 3 or 4 cars go by on the low side, then he decides to race Kurt and Harvick 3 wide going into turn 1? Dumb, but it made for some excitement.

Spinning tires on a restart? Nope, never seen that happen before. Blocking? Nope, not that either.

That guy would be nowhere in this sport if his daddy didn't by him that ride. He should be running a forklift loading lumber at one of his daddy's stores.

Reactions: sdj
My problem was how badly he spun them, then wouldn't give it up for cars on 4 new. When you make such a dramatic strategy move, you have to use some common sense. 3 or 4 cars go by on the low side, then he decides to race Kurt and Harvick 3 wide going into turn 1? Dumb, but it made for some excitement.

I see the point and it was a problem. But drivers righteously consider their own race first. Fight for every spot, and that much is owed to the crews that do their best to put a driver in the right spot. He has to be able to face them knowing he did his best to maximize his advantages like they did.
Then factor in the real time element, and choas will happen that isn't tidy and neat.

Menard left room on the outside to pass, problem was that there were two cars trying to get thru. Harvick got hit in the right rear when he tried to go thru there by Joey. There were cars in front of Menard that were on two, top and bottom that were also jamming up the field. Kahne passed two of them when they did restart.

Menard left room on the outside to pass, problem was that there were two cars trying to get thru. Harvick got hit in the right rear when he tried to go thru there by Joey. There were cars in front of Menard that were on two, top and bottom that were also jamming up the field. Kahne passed two of them when they did restart.
Oh he did did he? o_O
upload_2014-9-2_9-33-51.png

for a one horse pony fan like yourself, the whole field should have turned left and slammed on the brakes to make sure the 22, who is BTW the only car that should be on the track. You guys watch a race with blinders on.

One horse ponys they are all the same. Menard had a car running in and out of the top 10 all night, many of the rides in the front were on two, and Menard had a chance to win the thing. So from a one horse pony standpoint, he is supposed to make it easy for Harvick to get by...oh wait..he is supposed to look in his mirror and see two cars back...oh yeah I see lil Joey trying to cram his ass thru there, I should give those fine fellows a chance to win again. Give me a break.

Last edited:
One horse ponys they are all the same. Menard had a car running in and out of the top 10 all night, many of the rides in the front were on two, and Menard had a chance to win the thing. So from a one horse pony standpoint, he is supposed to make it easy for Harvick to get by...oh wait..he is supposed to look in his mirror and see two cars back...oh yeah I see lil Joey trying to cram his ass thru there, I should give those fine fellows a chance to win again. Give me a break.[/q

Not at all, He can race his ass off,but, be a professional and hold your line if you can not get up to speed and the pack is all over you. Obviously you know you are wrong but just can not bring yourself to admitting it, sad.

Not at all, He can race his ass off,but, be a professional and hold your line if you can not get up to speed and the pack is all over you. Obviously you know you are wrong but just can not bring yourself to admitting it, sad.
one horse ponys make up their own rules to suit them also. I must have not gotten the memo that said there is no blocking in Nascar. Or you can't block Harvick and Joey..hell I don't know, wank away

I have to say if I were restarting 2nd with 2 laps to go I would block like hell too.

There was more than enough room for either one of them to get through there but not both. Blocking and taking someone's line away is all part of this sport and always has been. Not a damn thing wrong with it. These things have a way of policing themselves.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did having another driver make the Chase on a victory. Kevin being one of my active drivers on Yahoo sucked but whatever.

Thanks for posting that pic sliced. I have watched that accident on DVR a few times trying to see something different. I just wonder if harv would have got by Menard if the 22 did not put his nose in there.

I may have to retract my previous statement in the Bonehead thread chastising Menard for moving up the track and causing that big wreck. After watching the replay several times, I feel like there was going to be a wreck on that restart regardless, and the most I can really blame Menard for is getting a bad restart due to being on the outside with only two fresh tires.

Joey and Harvick both jumped to Menard's outside at the same time, which was a terrible idea. And yeah, Menard moved up, but he didn't have a whole lot of room on his inside because as they were colliding, here comes Kurt bulldozing his way through and making it four wide in turn 1.

I don't really blame anyone for this wreck. This was just typical late race double-file restart nonsense IMO. Everybody was going for everything they could, and in their haste to get to the front, some of them forgot the simple fact that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time.

As @StandOnIt said, and as I said in the Bonehead thread, I think it's very important that we remember that this was really all Kyle's fault anyway. He brought out the caution that created this mess. Let's not lose sight of that. :)

Thanks for posting that pic sliced. I have watched that accident on DVR a few times trying to see something different. I just wonder if harv would have got by Menard if the 22 did not put his nose in there.
Menard gave him room, but he wasn't going to lay down, there was no way with two of them trying to go thru there.

Back
Top Bottom