Xfinity RACE thread --- Bristol

Had to go get dinner, just finished up with the race, and wow, what a last part of the race, meh a Cup driver won, but least it wasnt Busch that won. Its my opinion that I am going to side with Aunty here that the Brad/Kyle tango was just a racing deal for the most part.

Anyone ever hear what Kyle's view was? I knew he'd be off pouting somewhere and not talk to TV.

It's funny how the Penske guys are supposed to lift and not race in the closing laps of these races.

I must be biased but what the hell is Brad supposed to do Kyle calling Brad a dirty racer is extremely hypocritical.

My power was out all night and I didn't feel like using all my mobile data up to watch.

What happened between Kyle and Brad? I seen something on NBCSports.com about him calling Keselowski dirty but can't find video of the incident anywhere.

My power was out all night and I didn't feel like using all my mobile data up to watch.

What happened between Kyle and Brad? I seen something on NBCSports.com about him calling Keselowski dirty but can't find video of the incident anywhere.

Brad and Kyle were racing for the lead with 4 laps to go. Kyle got underneath Brad off the corner and attempted a slide job. Brad held his line and didn't let up and the two came together resulting in Busch getting turned into the wall cutting down his right front. He then crashed in the next corner and collected Ty Dillon.

Brad and Kyle was a racing deal. I do find it funny that the 4 best cars all had some type of problem, yet a cupper still ends up winning. God pretty much handed Ty Dillon a freebie win and he can't go a lap without repainting the wall. I don't blame cup guys for always winning, I blame the regulars for never being talented enough to beat them. Erik Jones runs door to door with the cup stars every week, but the rest of the talent pool in the series is garbage.

• Busch not happy with Keselowski after Bristol wreck:NASCAR fans don't need a reason to pay extra attention when #18-Kyle Busch and #22-Brad Keselowski race for position at any race track. The two rivals are far from friends. So it was of little surprise that they didn't have the same view of their incident with four laps left in the Xfinity Series Food City 300 Friday night at Bristol Motor Speedway. Busch attempted to pass Keselowski for the lead by using the inside lane, and when he tried to come up in front of him in the upper lane, Keselowski clipped him in the right rear. Busch's car slapped the fence and then got plowed into from behind by Ty Dillon. As he left his hauler, Busch was asked if he thought that was clean and replied: "He's a dirty racer." Keselowski said while he didn't want to see it end that way, there just wasn't enough room and he was there in the lane. He said Busch had no choice to slide up because the inside lane wasn't as good in Turns 3 and 4 as it was in Turns 1 and 2 where Busch initially had made the move to pass. "We race each other hard," Keselowski said. "That's what racing is all about. He would have done the same thing if he was in my shoes, I'm 100 percent certain. I guess we're both dirty racers then by that definition."(ESPN.com)(8-19-2016)

Brad and Kyle was a racing deal. I do find it funny that the 4 best cars all had some type of problem, yet a cupper still ends up winning. God pretty much handed Ty Dillon a freebie win and he can't go a lap without repainting the wall. I don't blame cup guys for always winning, I blame the regulars for never being talented enough to beat them. Erik Jones runs door to door with the cup stars every week, but the rest of the talent pool in the series is garbage.

Well, of course the Cup drivers are better. That's why they're in Cup.

That'd be like sending Bryce Harper to Syracuse and then, when he hits a home run, saying "That rookie minor league pitcher sucks because he couldn't strike out Bryce Harper".

• Busch not happy with Keselowski after Bristol wreck:NASCAR fans don't need a reason to pay extra attention when #18-Kyle Busch and #22-Brad Keselowski race for position at any race track. The two rivals are far from friends. So it was of little surprise that they didn't have the same view of their incident with four laps left in the Xfinity Series Food City 300 Friday night at Bristol Motor Speedway. Busch attempted to pass Keselowski for the lead by using the inside lane, and when he tried to come up in front of him in the upper lane, Keselowski clipped him in the right rear. Busch's car slapped the fence and then got plowed into from behind by Ty Dillon. As he left his hauler, Busch was asked if he thought that was clean and replied: "He's a dirty racer." Keselowski said while he didn't want to see it end that way, there just wasn't enough room and he was there in the lane. He said Busch had no choice to slide up because the inside lane wasn't as good in Turns 3 and 4 as it was in Turns 1 and 2 where Busch initially had made the move to pass. "We race each other hard," Keselowski said. "That's what racing is all about. He would have done the same thing if he was in my shoes, I'm 100 percent certain. I guess we're both dirty racers then by that definition."(ESPN.com)(8-19-2016)
LMAO, Busch blaming Brad when it was him that came up into Brads line, so I guess Kyle doenst see it as a racing a deal.

Well, of course the Cup drivers are better. That's why they're in Cup.

That'd be like sending Bryce Harper to Syracuse and then, when he hits a home run, saying "That rookie minor league pitcher sucks because he couldn't strike out Bryce Harper".

Except in this case Bryce Harper turned himself head on into the wall and Giancarlo Stanton ran out of fuel, so the regulars got beat by Julio Lugo. But whatever helps your argument ;). Look at the history of this series, cup guys have always gotten their fair share of wins, but regulars have been able to beat them head to head at least semi regularly. It didn't become a twice a year occurrence until the era of cup teams and ride buyers came into the fray. I believe the problem is we have retreads like Sadler and Allgaier, Erik Jones who is a stud, then a cast of ride buyers. Ryan Sieg and Ross Chastain are probably better then any of the regulars in better equipment. I don't pretend to have any solutions to this problem but I'm also not gonna polish a turd and say this series is ripe with talent

Except in this case Bryce Harper turned himself head on into the wall and Giancarlo Stanton ran out of fuel, so the regulars got beat by Julio Lugo. But whatever helps your argument ;).

Actally, it's more like, "Bryce Harper hit the wall and Mark Trumbo ran out of fuel so the regulars got beat by Mike Trout.

Look at the history of this series, cup guys have always gotten their fair share of wins, but regulars have been able to beat them head to head at least semi regularly.

The regulars weren't all driving pure **** either.

Erik Jones who is a stud, then a cast of ride buyers.

Erik Jones is in Gibbs cars. Great driver in a great car, results in wins.

Ryan Sieg and Ross Chastain are probably better then any of the regulars in better equipment.

And are in ****** cars.

So it goes back to the same thing I've been bitching about for 10 years. Cup drivers, with Cup teams, in Cup equipment racing against minor league drivers (and a handful of hasbeen drivers who were never good in Cup anyway) with small teams in XFINITY.

When it comes to Austin Dillon, it's not like we're talking about a backmarker here. He's always been good and he's been good in Cup this year. Probably going to make the Chase. And that's with a team that Kevin Harvick proved (when he won a championship with Stewart Haas) isn't as elite as everyone thought.

So, let's quit acting like the XFINITY drivers in B and C equipment were beaten by a C-list Cup driver in a D-list car.

Actally, it's more like, "Bryce Harper hit the wall and Mark Trumbo ran out of fuel so the regulars got beat by Mike Trout.

The regulars weren't all driving pure sh!t either.

Erik Jones is in Gibbs cars. Great driver in a great car, results in wins.

And are in ****** cars.

So it goes back to the same thing I've been bitching about for 10 years. Cup drivers, with Cup teams, in Cup equipment racing against minor league drivers (and a handful of hasbeen drivers who were never good in Cup anyway) with small teams in XFINITY.

So in other words you're agreeing with me lol. I never said Dillon was some scrub, as a matter of fact I've said he's the most underrated driver in cup and much better then his overrated younger brother, whom I was mostly referencing when talking about Xfinity regular ineptitude. Like I said, there's so many problems with this broken series I could write War and Peace, but running short tracks and making this series cheaper like a minor league Series is intended to be would be a great step. Even the trucks series costs millions of dollars to run these teams.

So in other words you're agreeing with me lol. I never said Dillon was some scrub, as a matter of fact I've said he's the most underrated driver in cup and much better then his overrated younger brother, whom I was mostly referencing when talking about Xfinity regular ineptitude. Like I said, there's so many problems with this broken series I could write War and Peace, but running short tracks and making this series cheaper like a minor league Series is intended to be would be a great step. Even the trucks series costs millions of dollars to run these teams.

I've been saying this stuff for 10 years.

I was on here (with a different account) back in 2006 bitching about NASCAR letting Kevin Harvick run for the Busch Series championship because it was just going to result in this bullsheot. And I'm a Harvick fan.

It sucks because I was just gaining a little respect for KYBU and actually maybe starting to like him a bit. But he's the same old guy he always is.

It sucks because I was just gaining a little respect for KYBU and actually maybe starting to like him a bit. But he's the same old guy he always is.

Yup. You got suckered. Move along the wagon is full.

"Kyle Busch hurts my feelings."
sanjaya2.jpg

I hate to say I told you so....but i told you so. I knew Kyle would whine about what happened. I hope next time someone pulls a slide job on him he let's them get in front and back off.

It did, but he's been mediocre lately.

Threw away an opportunity last week and now this after qualifying 6th. He needs to be better for the chase.
I desperately want to see Bubba Wallace blossom into a talented racer, but he is not looking very promising this year IMO. I don't know who is backing him - probably Ford or maybe even the France family - but I hope he gets one more chance next year. I suspect a strong uptick in performance over the remaining races of 2016 would improve the odds of that happening.

I desperately want to see Bubba Wallace blossom into a talented racer, but he is not looking very promising this year IMO. I don't know who is backing him - probably Ford or maybe even the France family - but I hope he gets one more chance next year. I suspect a strong uptick in performance over the remaining races of 2016 would improve the odds of that happening.

I'm a big Darrell Wallace fan, he's had some bad luck this year, but he's also royally screwed up on a few occasions. He said last night that Jack told him after the race that he needs to stop tearing up his stuff.

Still got a 7th after all the mayhem though.

He is talented, just I don't know what's been going on with him. Just take notes from Buescher and get what you can get from out of the car. Stop trying to push too hard and he will finish in the top 10 every time.

He's better than Reed, but that's not saying much. Keep stringing good finishes together. I think Road America will be another opportunity to win, but he has to keep it on the track and the car in one piece to be in the running to win.

Like I said, there's so many problems with this broken series I could write War and Peace, but running short tracks and making this series cheaper like a minor league Series is intended to be would be a great step. Even the trucks series costs millions of dollars to run these teams.
The thing is, you are defining the series one narrow way while others (who actually own it plus the promoters) define it differently. Nascar and the track operators see Xfinity as the main support series to Cup, in addition to its role as a stepping stone for young talent. Xfinity fills that need. And that leads to a lot of the frustrations we are feeling about the venues raced and separate identity for the series. I don't have the answers, but I realize the issues are complex and multi-faceted.

Also, the series has been successful in developing and showcasing some good talent that progressed to Cup *and* had no other way to get there... just in the last half dozen years you have Keselowski, Stenhouse, Larson, Blaney, Buescher, Erik Jones, and Suarez maybe next in the pipeline. And that's not even counting others who maybe did have other ways to get up the ladder like Chase Elliott and both Dillons. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom