Xfinity RACE thread --- Iowa

In all honesty it should be in Indycar. If he never left he'd be one of the all time greats in that sport.
I agree. Sam never belonged in a stock car and IMO doesn't have what it takes to compete at the Cup level. Very few drivers have been able to successfully make the transition from top level open wheel to NASCAR Cup. I do recognize his abilities in an open wheel car.
Montoya had better stats but I think he also struggled for the same reasons.

I agree. Sam never belonged in a stock car and IMO doesn't have what it takes to compete at the Cup level. Very few drivers have been able to successfully make the transition from top level open wheel to NASCAR Cup. I do recognize his abilities in an open wheel car.
Montoya had better stats but I think he also struggled for the same reasons.

Montoya would've been fine if he wasn't at Ganassi. He made the Chase in his third season in Cup -- something even Kyle Larson isn't likely going to do. And it was tougher to make the Chase in 2009 than it is in 2016.

Montoya and Jamie Mac are the most underrated drivers ever. Biffle and Dave Blaney also come to mind

Awesome paint scheme for the 18. Loved it.

When was the last time a non-Cup team won a BGN race? I'm sure it's been several years.
JR Motorsports has had several different drivers win races this year, and prior years too. Kyle Larson won for Turner last year and the year before, although I think Ganassi is fielding Larson's team this year. And the Truck Series is dominated by truck teams that are not running Cup programs.

JR Motorsports has had several different drivers win races this year, and prior years too. Kyle Larson won for Turner last year and the year before, although I think Ganassi is fielding Larson's team this year. And the Truck Series is dominated by truck teams that are not running Cup programs.

JR Motorsports = Hendrick Motorsports

Not technically, but close enough.

JRM has won with Elliott, Earnhardt n Sadler this year.

More than a couple equals several.

Back
Top Bottom