Xfinity RACE thread -- Talladega

I haven't followed Brennan Poole but after seeing his post race interview I'll pay more attention to him. That was the best interview I've seen by a close, and potentially angry, loser in a long long time.
He wasn't bitter at all because he knew that it is what it is. You can't teach that with a crash course, It has to be ingrained from a young age.
Yep, class act I guess you could say.

I always add extra time to race recordings .... I don't know if Comcast has that feature though
I have Directv and always add an extra 3 hours to every race just in case of a rain delay or a lengthy red flag. Never understood why some people don't add as much extra time as possible for their sporting events.

I have Directv and always add an extra 3 hours to every race just in case of a rain delay or a lengthy red flag. Never understood why some people don't add as much extra time as possible for their sporting events.

Same exact thing that I do, that way if I am not home I usually don't miss anything. We NEVER watch anything real time anyway as I refuse to watch commercials

Down here we record the program not the time so it records the entire program no matter how long. During rain delays it just keeps recording.

Down here we record the program not the time so it records the entire program no matter how long. During rain delays it just keeps recording.
What happens if a delay forces the broadcast into the next scheduled time slot for a different program?

I sure felt sorry for the kid in the 48 :(

I was heartbroken for him he's a really good kid, came up racing legends and UARA late models in Texas and won several championships. He's been scrounging for years in ARCA and won 6 races running part time. I can say from personal experience that he's the real deal and this was probably his best chance to make a name for himself. Thank you NASCAR for your stupidity

I was heartbroken for him he's a really good kid, came up racing legends and UARA late models in Texas and won several championships. He's been scrounging for years in ARCA and won 6 races running part time. I can say from personal experience that he's the real deal and this was probably his best chance to make a name for himself. Thank you NASCAR for your stupidity
His effort won't go unnoticed by the people he needed to impress.

I dont know why you guys are making a big deal, the caution light came on when Sadler was still in the lead
DSC_0201_zpsl6vopvsl.jpg

Ask Mark Martin about final lap cautions.

I dunno, not sure I want to poke the wound , I am sure he has moved on from that ;)

Nobody moves on from getting ****** out of winning the Daytona 500.

Mark Martin ‏@markmartin 6h6 hours ago
Mark Martin Retweeted Kasey Kahne

So was the wreck in the 07 Daytona 500.https://twitter.com/kaseykahne/status/726534148840669184…

Kasey Kahne @kaseykahne
The wreck was in front of the whole field. You have to throw the caution. If it was in the back of the pack let em race to the line...mytake​

Would have been cool to see Poole win, but I am more than okay with the outcome. Everyone wants consistency from Nascar, and today they showed it, we'll other than the lock up rule, but I won't go there. Rule is the field locks as soon as the caution comes out. That is what Nascar used to determine their winner.

Would have been cool to see Poole win, but I am more than okay with the outcome. Everyone wants consistency from Nascar, and today they showed it, we'll other than the lock up rule, but I won't go there. Rule is the field locks as soon as the caution comes out. That is what Nascar used to determine their winner.

Consistency?

Consistency?

Oh my God, Nascar wasn't consistent with a decision from 9 freaking years ago!! How will we ever go on from such a tragedy? I mean it isn't like rules and regulations and decision haven't changed any in 9 years. Tisk tisk Nascar. Andy sometimes you are a complete joke. I say that with love.

Oh my God, Nascar wasn't consistent with a decision from 9 freaking years ago!! How will we ever go on from such a tragedy? I mean it isn't like rules and regulations and decision haven't changed any in 9 years. Tisk tisk Nascar. Andy sometimes you are a complete joke. I say that with love.

They were consistent before that "decision from 9 freaking years ago" too.

Mark Martin should have won the 2007 Daytona 500.

In other words he is the exact opposite of Kyle Busch?

Pretty much. Kyle Busch has won a ton of races. Poole, 0. Yup, exact opposite, but I thought everybody knew that.

I have found NASCAR's problem. It's the fans. NASCAR fans watch empty seats, bitch about TV ratings, and worship quality post race interviews....and we want the 18-35 demo to buy into that? Un-******-real.

Same exact thing that I do, that way if I am not home I usually don't miss anything. We NEVER watch anything real time anyway as I refuse to watch commercials

Never watch races via DVR. During commercials, I hold vigil as I clutch my TRD mug and meditate. It's been working lately.

Nobody moves on from getting ****** out of winning the Daytona 500.

Mark Martin ‏@markmartin 6h6 hours ago
Mark Martin Retweeted Kasey Kahne

So was the wreck in the 07 Daytona 500.https://twitter.com/kaseykahne/status/726534148840669184…

Kasey Kahne @kaseykahne
The wreck was in front of the whole field. You have to throw the caution. If it was in the back of the pack let em race to the line...mytake​

Mark retired and moved on....I thought. Kasey Kahne has other things to worry about.

Finally watched the race replay.

First off, glad to see Joey, Blake Koch and Chris ****rum were okay after a few wicked impacts.

Brennan Poole deserved that win. I know what the rules dictate. There's been plenty of precedent, and we've seen plate races end this way time and time again. Doesn't make it right. They should've been able to race back to the line. The wreck happened in the tri oval behind the leaders. No need to throw the yellow and freeze the field IMO. Giving the win to Elliott Sadler who was sideways in the grass and crossed the line 7th just doesn't sit right.

Glad to see an Xfinity regular win regardless. Brennan Poole made a fan outta me even in defeat. Good young driver with a great attitude. Hopefully Chip hangs onto him, he could have a future.

Poole will be in a cup ride next season, DC Solar loves him. The rumor is that he'll take over for Clint in the 15 next season

Ugh I hope not. His career will die a slow death there.

Haha that's the new NASCAR though. Unless you're chase Elliott the best you're gonna get is a dung ride. Better to be a backmarkers in cup living the dream then 10-15th place in xfinity IMO

Back
Top Bottom