Xfinity RACE thread -- Talladega

Poole will be in a cup ride next season, DC Solar loves him. The rumor is that he'll take over for Clint in the 15 next season

I'd like to see him get more Xfinity experience and win a race first. I could see that move but given what we've seen from Bowyer's struggles in the 15 this year, it might hurt his career.

Maybe Chip puts together a 3rd Cup program for Poole at some point?

I feel like karma is gonna strike today and the people defending this race will have their driver lose in an equally controversial and stupid way

Did he pass anyone down there? Its not illegal to go below the line unless you improve your position.

Even that's not a consistent rule. Tony was being an asshat and tried to force Regan through the grass in '08, and NASCAR still took the win away from Regan Smith. They love ruining young guys careers and catering to big names. Which even though he's awful, Sadler has been around for a while and is popular and has a pretty big fan base.

Reactions: Pat
Even that's not a consistent rule. Tony was being an asshat and tried to force Regan through the grass in '08, and NASCAR still took the win away from Regan Smith. They love ruining young guys careers and catering to big names. Which even though he's awful, Sadler has been around for a while and is popular and has a pretty big fan base.
What do you think NASCAR should have done?It's not like they tried to screw Poole. I wanted him to win too, but the caution was thrown and Sadler wins in that scenario.

It's nothing new that NASCAR is inconsistent with officiating. I for one and not remotely surprised by the outcome. I don't agree with it at all, but I've become accustomed to the circus that is the finish of plate races.

After NASCAR allowed Harvick to dump the field on the GWC last fall to avoid missing the Chase, I gave up trying to make sense outta anything they do.

Did he pass anyone down there? Its not illegal to go below the line unless you improve your position.

In my mind that is questionable because he wasn't leading at the time of the accident.. the #22 was leading. I don't know. I like Sadler and I'm a JRM fan, still, it doesn't sit right with me.

You shouldn't be able to be scored the leader while wrecking if the yellow is out. NASCAR screwed Robby Gordon at Montreal in 2007 for the same scenario Elliott was in. If anything, Allgaier should've been declared the winner when the field was frozen

That's why I was so glad he got to win Darlington cause that would of sucked if his only win had been taken away

You shouldn't be able to be scored the leader while wrecking if the yellow is out. NASCAR screwed Robby Gordon at Montreal in 2007 for the same scenario Elliott was in. If anything, Allgaier should've been declared the winner when the field was frozen
Yeah, those were the same scenarios...

Elliott Sadler won the race by the rules that were in effect on 04/30/2016. Bitching about it won't change the outcome.

Yup, identical situations.

One consistency in Nascar, they never ruled in favor of Robby Gordon.. don't know what they hated about him but he could never catch a break from them.

Hindsight is 20/20 and the race probably could have been allowed to continue without anymore carnage. The wreck was already inprocess and unfolding when it flew.
But that is much easier to say now after the fact. The lead car was wrecking and exposed to the oncoming pack, you dont get meditation time to make the call, it has to be instant.

I hated Sadler getting the W over Poole. Poole's story is a lot more compelling or interesting to me. (Clements race was probably the best of all imo). But I can't fault Nascar for ruling that Sadler won the race.

Here's the solution: NASCAR needs to quit throwing yellows anytime a car remotely turns sideways. Half the time a guy gets loose and doesn't even spin but we have to have a yellow . Let the damn thing play out organically and quit trying to throw yellows for the sake of yellows.

Not saying the wreck yesterday was a guy getting loose. But they easily could've raced to the line

Here's the solution: NASCAR needs to quit throwing yellows anytime a car remotely turns sideways. Half the time a guy gets loose and doesn't even spin but we have to have a yellow. Let the damn thing play out organically and quit trying to throw yellows for the sake of yellows.
I agree when a car spins down to the apron or grass, but not in yesterdays case.
Logano waa exposed to the pack, gotta throw an intstant yellow in that case.

Same thing happened a few years ago, same race.

In my mind that is questionable because he wasn't leading at the time of the accident.. the #22 was leading. I don't know. I like Sadler and I'm a JRM fan, still, it doesn't sit right with me.
The caution came out when Joey was back in around 7th

Pretty much. Kyle Busch has won a ton of races. Poole, 0. Yup, exact opposite, but I thought everybody knew that.

IDK if Poole has a future in racing or not but he has already whipped Kyle in the attributes most people like to see in others. You can be a winner without entering into a competitive event and a loser by being successful. Words to think about.

I mentioned that on Twitter last night. Robby Gordon actually got turned by Marcos Ambrose, UNDER CAUTION, and NASCAR took the position away.

IDK if Poole has a future in racing or not but he has already whipped Kyle in the attributes most people like to see in others. You can be a winner without entering into a competitive event and a loser by being successful. Words to think about.

Dunno. Haven't seen Poole jump out of his car to sign an autograph after a tough loss, and I haven't seen him make somebody's day after a big win. I really, really like that kind of attribute in people--make somebody's day. Poole gave a great interview to fans who want that kind of attitude. Props to him, but it is silly to say he has whipped Kyle's ass in anything. Kyle Busch brings huge joy to my household....another attribute I like in people. It humors me no end that people **** themselves over Kyle's interviews.

Dunno. Haven't seen Poole jump out of his car to sign an autograph after a tough loss, and I haven't seen him make somebody's day after a big win. I really, really like that kind of attribute in people--make somebody's day. Poole gave a great interview to fans who want that kind of attitude. Props to him, but it is silly to say he has whipped Kyle's ass in anything. Kyle Busch brings huge joy to my household....another attribute I like in people. It humors me no end that people sh!t themselves over Kyle's interviews.

It humors me to hear an adult say that a Nascar driver brings joy to their household and become defensive all because they fell in the water that Kyle walked on.

Are trophies handed out to these "winners" ?

Dunno. Haven't seen Poole jump out of his car to sign an autograph after a tough loss, and I haven't seen him make somebody's day after a big win. I really, really like that kind of attribute in people--make somebody's day. Poole gave a great interview to fans who want that kind of attitude. Props to him, but it is silly to say he has whipped Kyle's ass in anything. Kyle Busch brings huge joy to my household....another attribute I like in people. It humors me no end that people sh!t themselves over Kyle's interviews.

Kyle Busch brings joy to half of my household and misery to the other half :booya:

It humors me to hear an adult say that a Nascar driver brings joy to their household and become defensive all because they fell in the water that Kyle walked on.

....and if a driver doesn't make you happy, why bother? Part of what motivates fans of Kyle is that it is inconceivable to the haters. I too am humored when character judgments are made based on interviews--good or bad, and somehow adults hold these guys up as the example of who we all should be, or not be. I personally want my driver to be repulsed by the mere thought of losing. Kyle is. Go get yourself a Poole t-shirt. He does seem like a good guy. Stick with him. I have to get my Champion t-shirt out of the dryer.

There was little joy in the Revman household when all those TRD powerplants were exploding :booya:
Thankfully those days are over

....and if a driver doesn't make you happy, why bother? Part of what motivates fans of Kyle is that it is inconceivable to the haters. I too am humored when character judgments are made based on interviews--good or bad, and somehow adults hold these guys up as the example of who we all should be, or not be. I personally want my driver to be repulsed by the mere thought of losing. Kyle is. Go get yourself a Poole t-shirt. He does seem like a good guy. Stick with him. I have to get my Champion t-shirt out of the dryer.

Being happy for a driver's success is one thing as I was happy when Carl won 2 in a row but it didn't bring joy to my household. I was happy when my Birds traded up in the draft and snagged Carson Wentz who will hopefully be a franchise QB and I was happy when my Buds won the lottery and will be able to draft #1 over all in the NHL draft. No joy in the household though.

I hit the jackpot today as I got some great pictures of Blue Jays, Orioles, Cardinals, Turkey Vultures, Wild Turkeys and other animate and inanimate objects. I enjoyed that more than anything in the above paragraph as I was outside, being proactive, doing something healthy and being richly rewarded for it. Even that doesn't bring joy to my household but it is satisfying. Believe it or not I actually have things that bring joy to my household but nothing as superficial as the exploits of Kyle, the Kardashians or Justin Beaver as I am dun growed up.

There was little joy in the Revman household when all those TRD powerplants were exploding :booya:
Thankfully those days are over

I hope Toyota continues to do well as if they don't Rev will have to have all sharp objects taken away from him and there will be no joy in his household.

Back
Top Bottom