Xfinity RACE thread -- Talladega

Being happy for a driver's success is one thing as I was happy when Carl won 2 in a row but it didn't bring joy to my household. I was happy when my Birds traded up in the draft and snagged Carson Wentz who will hopefully be a franchise QB and I was happy when my Buds won the lottery and will be able to draft #1 over all in the NHL draft. No joy in the household though.

I hit the jackpot today as I got some great pictures of Blue Jays, Orioles, Cardinals, Turkey Vultures, Wild Turkeys and other animate and inanimate objects. I enjoyed that more than anything in the above paragraph as I was outside, being proactive, doing something healthy and being richly rewarded for it. Even that doesn't bring joy to my household but it is satisfying. Believe it or not I actually have things that bring joy to my household but nothing as superficial as the exploits of Kyle, the Kardashians or Justin Beaver as I am dun growed up.
As a grownup you should be able to accept what you perceive as shortcomings in others.

One man's meat and so on ...

As a grownup you should be able to accept what you perceive as shortcomings in others.

One man's meat and so on ...

Trust me I accept them even though I sometimes end up with a bloody tongue. Probably a good time for me to wash the car and then organize photos.

Didn't do that well. Managed to get a female mallard and her brood. Some cormorants a bit farther down the lake. Then the rains came. Had the plate thing on TV just past the halfway point.

I hope Toyota continues to do well as if they don't Rev will have to have all sharp objects taken away from him and there will be no joy in his household.

I first met @Revman several years back, it was right after Kyle had his third DNF in a row from blown engines .... needless to say it was an ugly time for him but he assured me that it would get better and it did. There is not a more passionate Nascar fan on the planet than ole Rev .. in fact, he may still be living in the stands at Fontana after he witnessed Kyles win there :p

I first met @Revman several years back, it was right after Kyle had his third DNF in a row from blown engines .... needless to say it was an ugly time for him but he assured me that it would get better and it did. There is not a more passionate Nascar fan on the planet than ole Rev .. in fact, he may still be living in the stands at Fontana after he witnessed Kyles win there :p

He sure does love his TRD and Kyle. I have nothing against Toyota as I have a Tundra and it is has been a great truck. I have nothing against Kyle as he is a premier wheel man with many more wins in him. He can behave in any way he chooses to do so long as it is acceptable with Mars/M&M and JGR and I am sure he does nice things for people. Still if he was my boy he would be getting an earful about manners and dealing with disappointment but his boorishness is no reason not to be a fan.

He sure does love his TRD and Kyle.

Appreciate you recognizing that man. Honestly, I have never, ever come to this board to flame, troll, or disrespect anybody. I truly enjoy this sport, and I do eat, sleep, and breathe it after I retain employment and look after my family. When I sound like a ****head, it comes from the passion. @TexasRaceLady has justifiably reigned me in a time or two.

Back
Top Bottom