Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2014 edition

The battle for the overall season lead has really tightened up with 8 races to go.

1.Brewster Baker Racing 7,841 (+15)
2.Blanston Racing 7,826 (-15)
3.Patrick/PantiePackerRacin 7,779 (-62)
4.Greg 7,721 (-120)
5.Johali 7,666 (-175)
I missed the deadline to change my drivers this time. I really **** the bed and lost the overall points lead for the first time in awhile. I was so proud....
I'm rurnt.

I missed the deadline to change my drivers this time. I really **** the bed and lost the overall points lead for the first time in awhile. I was so proud....
I'm rurnt.

Only 15 points out of the lead, that is less than qualifying points for one race. You are still in a great position to win.

Two winless players in the top three is an affront to fantasy racing. I think Yahoo needs to revamp their championship format.

Don't tell Brian France.

I like it, the yfl is a good measure of overall picking ability , and the 9 race limit per driver is a big factor. That makes consistency huge, so I am good with it just the way it is now.

Don't tell Brian France.

I like it, the yfl is a good measure of overall picking ability , and the 9 race limit per driver is a big factor. That makes consistency huge, so I am good with it just the way it is now.

This is more about traditional racing than Nascar . Pick for consistancy . Watch the up and comers . Stay away from the guys that are having a bad year . Don't run out of picks , it'll bite ya at Homestead .

My year summed up in this one post.

This weeks starters finished.....

21st
37th
18th
11th

This weeks bench.....

5th
1st
7th
2nd

This has been the trend for me since the beginning of the year. You could have put a fork in me by week #5. Hey, there's always next year.

Analysis: With 7 races to go the battle for the overall YFL lead remains tight. I have listed the top six or those that are within 200 points of the overall leader.
1. Brewster Baker Racing 8095 points
2. Blanston 8089 (-6)
3. Patrick PantiePackerRacin 8003 (-92)
4. Greg 7991 (-104)
5. Johali 7948 (-147)
6. Wilkes County Allstars 7918 (-177)

Here is evaluation of the top 6 and what they need to do to be the 2014 YFL champion.

6. Wilkes County Allstars is the current hottest among the top six. WCA was not only the yesterday's overall winner with a 366 points day but also the leader for the Yahoo Chase segment thus far.
WCA has gained 220 points on Brewster Baker Racing over the last three events.

Net: Wilkes County still has a tough road ahead, and must average a 25.3 average gain per event against Brewster Baker and surpass four others along the way to be the YFL champion.

5. Johali trails Brewster Baker by 147 points and must average 21 more points more than BBB and surpass three others over the final seven events to win the championship.

4. Greg trails by 104. I need to average a gain of 14. 9 points on BBB and surpass two others to be the champion.

3. Patrick Panty Packer Racing the defending champion trails by 92 points and must must average a net gain of 13.15 points per event on BBB and 12.3 per events in Blanston.

2. Blanston while less has been said about him than others almost all comments applied to BBBR apply to Blanston as well. Trailing by only six, averaging less than a point (. 086) gain while maintaining position against others would win the championship.

1. Brewster Baker Racing is doing almost everything he needs to do to maintain as the leader and be the 2014 champion , he has put together a great season and will be tough to catch.
Only Wilkes County is averaging a strong enough pace over the last three races to catch him. But it should be noted that he still has a big cushion on WCA, who will have to sustain solid gains on all over those last seven events.

Johali has been better than BBB over the last three races but he has only averaged three more points per event, BBB has a cushion on him and can afford that average loss.
BBB has averaged more points than Greg and Blanston over the last three events.

Disclaimer: All calculations were manual and subject to errors.

Time permitting I will do a an analysis next week of all competitors within 150 points of the overall leader, or of those within a 25 point per event average margin.

Analysis: With 7 races to go the battle for the overall YFL lead remains tight. I have listed the top six or those that are within 200 points of the overall leader.
1. Brewster Baker Racing 8095 points
2. Blanston 8089 (-6)
3. Patrick PantiePackerRacin 8003 (-92)
4. Greg 7991 (-104)
5. Johali 7948 (-147)
6. Wilkes County Allstars 7918 (-177)

Here is evaluation of the top 6 and what they need to do to be the 2014 YFL champion.

6. Wilkes County Allstars is the current hottest among the top six. WCA was not only the yesterday's overall winner with a 366 points day but also the leader for the Yahoo Chase segment thus far.
WCA has gained 220 points on Brewster Baker Racing over the last three events.

Net: Wilkes County still has a tough road ahead, and must average a 25.3 average gain per event against Brewster Baker and surpass four others along the way to be the YFL champion.

5. Johali trails Brewster Baker by 147 points and must average 21 more points more than BBB and surpass three others over the final seven events to win the championship.

4. Greg trails by 104. I need to average a gain of 14. 9 points on BBB and surpass two others to be the champion.

3. Patrick Panty Packer Racing the defending champion trails by 92 points and must must average a net gain of 13.15 points per event on BBB and 12.3 per events in Blanston.

2. Blanston while less has been said about him than others almost all comments applied to BBBR apply to Blanston as well. Trailing by only six, averaging less than a point (. 086) gain while maintaining position against others would win the championship.

1. Brewster Baker Racing is doing almost everything he needs to do to maintain as the leader and be the 2014 champion , he has put together a great season and will be tough to catch.
Only Wilkes County is averaging a strong enough pace over the last three races to catch him. But it should be noted that he still has a big cushion on WCA, who will have to sustain solid gains on all over those last seven events.

Johali has been better than BBB over the last three races but he has only averaged three more points per event, BBB has a cushion on him and can afford that average loss.
BBB has averaged more points than Greg and Blanston over the last three events.

Disclaimer: All calculations were manual and subject to errors.

Time permitting I will do a an analysis next week of all competitors within 150 points of the overall leader, or of those within a 25 point per event average margin.
When I first saw this post I thought you were clarence. :D

Forgot to change my picks from last week, and started Gordon for the final time. I was hoping to start him at Martinsville, but that won't happen now.

Despite starting Gordon, I had a very strong day: 341 points by my calculation. Hopefully I won...

My previous calculation was wrong - I got 351 points. :)

Second highest score this week, but I failed to move up in the summer standings.

With 6 races to go in the RF YFL season, the battle for the overall championship remains close.
We have six teams within 150 points of the leader and here is the summary of the current positions and an analysis of today's results.

The Top Six with Six to go....
1. Brewster Baker Racing 8403 pts (+36)
2. Blanston 8367 pts (-36)
3. Greg 8318 (-85)
4. Patrick PantiePackerRacin 8307 (-96)
5. Johali 8297 (-106)
6. Wilkes County All Stars 8275 (-128)

Today's results among the top six.

Wilkes County Allstars 357 points
Johali 349 points
Greg 327 points
Brewster Baker Racing 308 points
Patrick Panty Packer Racing 304 points
Blanston 278 points

Wilkes County continues to to perform incredibly well during the Chase. Yesterday's overall best of 357 points is just one point better than his average for the Chase or last four events. Simply stated he is making it look easy or routine.
In those last 4 events he has gained 269 points on the leader.
He now only needs to make up 21.33 points per event on the leader, it was 25 points per event last week. Great day.

Johali had a great day too with 349 points. He gained 41 points on the leader today. He still needs to gain 17.66 points per event on the leader. But the number was 21 a week ago so he definitely had a great day too, better than the needed pace.

Greg 327 points. A good day in spite of taking a 46 point hit when McMurray experienced his late race problems. Overtook Patrick Panty Packer Racing for P3. Needs to gain 14.1 points per race, that number was 14.9 last week, only a slight improvement in relation to P1, while Johali and Wilkes County made greater gains.

Brewster Baker Racing; it hard to call 308 points not good enough when you are the leader. He also increased his lead by 30 points over Blanston. Wilkes County is just putting on an insane late season run and stealing all of the current thunder.

Blanston remains in 2nd and very much of a threat to still win the title. If McMurray had stayed in P5 with a few laps to go, Blanston would now be the overall leader.

Patrick Panty Packer the defending champion is still within striking distance.

After next week's race there will only be Five events remaining . Time permitting I will evaluate all within 125 points of the leader.

Another point of interest . Group A, All six participants picked Harvick, in fact everyone in the overall top ten picked Harvick.

Notes and disclaimers. All calculations were manual and subject to errors.
My mother in law and sister in law are currently visiting, along with my wife the talking level in the house as I wrote was about 3 x10^18. As an already typo plagued poster the odds of making more typing/calculation errors are even greater.

Congratulations to Chuck owner of the Wilkes County Allstar team.

Yesterday's winner, that's two out of the last three.

With 6 races to go in the RF YFL season, the battle for the overall championship remains close.

Notes and disclaimers. All calculations were manual and subject to errors.

My mother in law and sister in law are currently visiting, along with my wife the talking level in the house as I wrote was about 3 x10^18. As an already typo plagued poster the odds of making more typing/calculation errors are even greater.

To conteract the noise level of the on-going hen party, might I suggest getting one of those fancy new stereo systems, as seen in the movie Spinal Tap, and turning the volume up to eleven.

It's worth a try at least . . .

With five races to go the battle to be the 2014 Yahoo Fantasy League Champion is turning into a real barn burner. The top four are now separated by only 16 points, that is less than the awarded qualifying points for a single event.
Not only was Brewster Baker Racings league compressed and compacted, we now also have two new contenders that are now within striking distance.
For this analysis I considered striking distance to be all within 125 points of the leader or an average deficit of less than 25 points per remaining event

The Top 8 with five remaining events.
1. Brewster Baker Racing 8642
2. Greg 8634 (-8)
3. Patrick PantiePackerRacin 8631 (-11)
4. Blanston 8626 (-16)
5. Wilkes County Allstars 8575 (-67)
6. Johali 8569 (-73)
7. Rockears001 8554 (-88)
8. Ted@economy 8538 (-104)

Points earned by top 8 from this weekends race @ Charlotte.
1. Rockears001 361
2. Ted@economy 327
3. Patrick PantiePackerRacin 324
4. Greg 316
5. Wilkes County Allstars 300
6. Johali 272
7. Blanston 259
8. Brewster Baker Racing 239
Analysis and comments:
8. Ted@economy had a great race and gained 92 points on the leader. Ted needs to gain 20.8 points per event on the leader, and surpass six other participants.

7. Rockears is the young gun and currently the hottest team in the RF YFL. He won the 2013 RFChase game, and definitely knows how to run his team. He has accumulated 1731 points since the Chase started, that not only is the best for those within striking distance, it is also the best among all RF participants.
He has scored 338 more points than the leader during the five race span.
Rockears currently is 88 points behind and needs to gain 17.6 points per race on BBR and surpass five others over the final five races

6. Johali had a tough night scoring 272 points. But on the other hand he is still well within striking distance. He also gained 33 points on the leader. Johali need to gain 14.6 points on the leader and surpass four others to win the championship.

5. Wilkes County lost some the current hottest thunder to Rockears but he still had a great night with 300 points and his 1723 points in the Chase segment is only 8 points less than Rockears.
Currently 67 points out of first place and needing to make up 13.4 points per event on the leader, along with surpassing three others to be the champion.

4. Blanston in a quiet but strong fourth place. He dropped a spot by only scoring 259 points, but he also made up 20 points on the leader.
Trailing by 16 points he only needs to gain 3.2 points per event while surpassing two others.

3. Patrick Pantie Packer the defending champion had a great points night with the 324 points, and is only 11 points out of P1 or 2.2 points per event.

2. Greg. A good night and only 8 points away from the lead.

1. Brewster Baker in spite of having the worst race is still resilent and as usual retains the lead. With 8662 total points, he averages over 279 points per event...

The usual disclaimers apply. All calculations were manual and very subject to errors.

After next week's race there will be only 4 events left. That analysis will include everyone within 100 points of the leader.

The battle for the overall 2014 RF YFL championship is still good, but Brewster Baker Racing increased his lead over everyone else in the top eight. Brewster Baker Racing and Greg also put some distance between themselves and third place.

The current top four all within striking distance of the lead.
1. Brewster Baker Racing 8898 points (+11)
2. Greg 8887 points (-11)
3. Patrick Panty Packer Racing. 8814 points (-84)
4. Blanston 8813 points (-85)

Todays performance among the top four.
1. Brewster Baker Racing 256 points
2. Greg 253 points
3. Patrick Pantie Packer racing 183 points
4. Blanston 187 points

Summary: Good race for BBR, and and excellent compared to all of his nearest competition/threats.
Four of the top eight fell outside what I consider to be the striking distance metric of 25 points per event with four events to go. But it should be noted they are not eliminated. Talladega is tough race to predict as well, we have not heard the last from this group.

5. Rockears001 (-114) 230 Dega points.
Rockears001 even after yesterday is still the current hottest YFL team and is currently leading the playoff segment.
6. Wilkes County Allstars (-153) 170 Dega points. Currently the second hottest team.
7. Ted@economy (-171) 189 Dega points
8. Johali (-176 points) 153 Dega points.

Note: All calculations were manual and could have errors.

Last edited:
Congratulations to klemmabyna yesterday's winner 327 points. I think he also had the only 300 plus points performance day.

With only three races to go the battle to win the 2014 RF YFL championship remains close with four teams still in a good position.

1.Brewster Baker Racing 9184 points (+26)
2. Blanston 9158 points (-26)
3. Greg 9149 points (-35)
4. Wilkes County Allstars (-91)

Todays performance among the same group.
-Wikes County Allstars 348 points
-Blanston 345 points
-Brewster Baker Racing 286 points
-Greg 262 points.

Analysis with 3 races to go

1. Brewster Baker Racing is steady and resilent at keeping the lead, a great season regardless of the final outcome.

2. Blanston had a great race and made significant gains, from P4 to P2 with his 345 points today.
Blanston has been classy as well this year, he is simply too good to mention the following case. At Watkins Glenn he had Stewart as a starter and scored no points due to the tragedy the night before.
I respected him now and at that time for not complaining. Sometimes respect, class and wisdom says nothing, Good job Blanston today and then as well.
The odds are that he would be in the lead now, without that misfortune.

3. Greg: (-35) tough point 262 day but not a total disaster, still within striking distance.

4. Wilkes County Allstars reclaimed the status of being the current hottest team. The 348 points was good enough for the overall win, his third in the last seven events.
Averaging over 320 points per event during the Chase.
He has made up 306 points on the leader during the Chase, or 43 points per event. Definitely back in striking distance.

Notes regarding the Longshots

Ted@economy (-120) had a great day with 337 points.
Patrick PantiePackerRacin (-142) tough 228 point day for the defending champion.

Notes: The usual disclaimer applies, all calculations were manual and very subject to errors, especially after working a 12 hour shift.

The battle for the overall title is a good one with only 16 points separating the top three

The RF YFL standings for the whole seasons with only two races remaining.

1. Greg 9460 (+10)
2. Blanston 9450 (-10)
3. Brewster Baker Racing 9444 (-16)
4. Wilkes County All Stars 9350 (-110)
5. Johali 9328 (-132)

Texas results for the top five only

1. Johali 331
2. Greg 311
3. Blanston 292
4. Brewster Baker Racing 260
5. Wilkes County Allstars 257

Analysis or looking ahead.

5. Johali had today's best performance among the top five. With two races to go he needs to average a 62 point gain against each of the top three per race, as well as surpassing Wilkes County to be the champion.

4. Wilkes County Allstars had a tough race. But still remains as the hottest team in the last segment. Winning the championship will tough and he will need to gain an average of 51 points against each of the top three over the next two final races, and maintain his lead over Johali.

^Composite averages were used for a simple analysis.

The top 3 is a virtual dead heat with two to go, the lead could change simply by qualifying.

Congrats to Mike5150 this week's overall winner with 345 points. Great job.

No intention to slight the many others currently performing well. The intent of this post is only for evaluating the battle for the overall championship.

The battle for the overall title is a good one with only 16 points separating the top three

The RF YFL standings for the whole seasons with only two races remaining.

1. Greg 9460 (+10)
2. Blanston 9450 (-10)
3. Brewster Baker Racing 9444 (-16)
4. Wilkes County All Stars 9350 (-110)
5. Johali 9328 (-132)

Texas results for the top five only

1. Johali 331
2. Greg 311
3. Blanston 292
4. Brewster Baker Racing 260
5. Wilkes County Allstars 257

Analysis or looking ahead.

5. Johali had today's best performance among the top five. With two races to go he needs to average a 62 point gain against each of the top three per race, as well as surpassing Wilkes County to be the champion.

4. Wilkes County Allstars had a tough race. But still remains as the hottest team in the last segment. Winning the championship will tough and he will need to gain an average of 51 points against each of the top three over the next two final races, and maintain his lead over Johali.

^Composite averages were used for a simple analysis.

The top 3 is a virtual dead heat with two to go, the lead could change simply by qualifying.

Congrats to Mike5150 this week's overall winner with 345 points. Great job.

No intention to slight the many others currently performing well. The intent of this post is only for evaluating the battle for the overall championship.
I noticed you've conserved your best drivers very well. I'll be taking pointers from your performance this season and use it against you next year!

I noticed you've conserved your best drivers very well. I'll be taking pointers from your performance this season and use it against you next year!
I tried to but I used them at the wrong races a lot. I still have the 2 (although at this point it may not be a good thing), 3, 4, 11, 22 twice, 24 and 42 That's okay, at least I'm still in the top five.

I tried to but I used them at the wrong races a lot. I still have the 2 (although at this point it may not be a good thing), 3, 4, 11, 22 twice, 24 and 42 That's okay, at least I'm still in the top five.
That's pretty good. I don't know what I was thinking using up Larson so early. I just thought he was gonna win or come close earlier in the season. I think I have zero slices of bread left also.
I feel like I'm going to fall off big time these last two. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky.
I'll trade you an 88 start for one of your 22's!

That's pretty good. I don't know what I was thinking using up Larson so early. I just thought he was gonna win or come close earlier in the season. I think I have zero slices of bread left also.
I feel like I'm going to fall off big time these last two. Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky.
I'll trade you an 88 start for one of your 22's!
Good try but no cigar. :D

I was planning on starting Harvick at Phoenix but a fired up, PO'd Jeff Gordon is one dangerous animal so I may have to rethink that :)

Tough decisions every week. At Texas I had Jimmie and Matt who had qualified 1 & 2 . Practice had Jimmie as the favorite but I saw that not many of the guys around me had Matt on their list . I figured if I took Matt and Jimmie had a bad day , I would make a big gain . Again , overthinking , I sat out Jimmie and put in Matt . Same thing with D bunch . Had one Kyle Larson start left and Bayne was running the 21 . Figured maybe Bayne could get a top 20 so I sat out Larson. Just the way it goes . I know Johali is really proud of his top 5 , and I 'm older and should be happy for him.

Tough decisions every week. At Texas I had Jimmie and Matt who had qualified 1 & 2 . Practice had Jimmie as the favorite but I saw that not many of the guys around me had Matt on their list . I figured if I took Matt and Jimmie had a bad day , I would make a big gain . Again , overthinking , I sat out Jimmie and put in Matt . Same thing with D bunch . Had one Kyle Larson start left and Bayne was running the 21 . Figured maybe Bayne could get a top 20 so I sat out Larson. Just the way it goes . I know Johali is really proud of his top 5 , and I 'm older and should be happy for him.
I'm not happy for any of you guys! This is racing! If I see an inch of light between you and Johali, I'm gonna just push my way through!
Meet me and my crew out back afterwards. Come alone!

I'm not happy for any of you guys! This is racing! If I see an inch of light between you and Johali, I'm gonna just push my way through!
Meet me and my crew out back afterwards. Come alone!

how big is your crew?:D

Best wishes to all the contenders. I'm jealous.

With only one event left the battle for the RF YFL championship is still up for grabs.
With four teams within 100 points.
The overall standings among the top four.

Greg 9742 (+39)
Brewster Baker Racing 9703 (-39)
Johali 9655 (-87)
Blanston 9655 (-87)

This week's points earned by the top four

Johali 327
Greg 282
Brewster Baker Racing 259
Blanston 205

Johali is on hot streak and has clawed his way back into contention and has averaged over 300 points per event over the last three events.

Congratulations to Klemmabyna today's overall winner with 370 points earned this week his second overall win of the year.

Hopefully no math errors but all figures were completely manually.

Good luck to all at Homestead.

Back
Top Bottom