Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2015 edition

I usually just measure myself against my own stupidity in making my picks. :D

Yep! Know just how you feel. Especially when I really do something dumb like not making the picks in time. But, if only that were the most idiotic thing I ever did ......(sigh)

feeling pretty good!!! I've stayed in 4th since the first standings were posted on Jan. 19. hoping to stay there for a couple more weeks!!!:D

to those not signed up yet: c'mon!!! were all racing experts here. take a shot to show what you know.

side benefit of the rules: some weekends you have to appreciate racers that you can't stand. (at least that's the lesson i'm taking from last year, since I couldn't get myself to use jeff Gordon!) otherwise greg wouldn't be able to crow so loudly!
Greg: coming for you in 2015!!!:cheers:

My team name is Greg.

I am your Defending 2014 RF Yahoo champion. I don't like boasting about it though it violates my humble, modest, and genuine sincere, amiable, and altruistic nature.

Again I am humbled and honoured to be the 2014 RF Yahoo champion.

Greg also was humbled as the 2012 RF chase champion.

One day those titles: The 2014 Yahoo championship and the 2012 RF chase championship will get me into the Nascar HoF. As humble and assuming as I am and as one that doesn't seek the universal fame that such a distinguished carrer brings, accepting the nomination will be something like a chore.

I prefer hanging out with all you little folks here. If the Hall didn't need me to class the place up, I wouldn't even answer their calls. But they need them some Greg so bad. But I want everyone of you no matter how insignificant you may feel to know I am glad to be just a fellow member. And I inspired by your efforts to beat me even while it is hopeless.

The well kept and satisfied groupies which include many mommas and sisters of the members sends greetings. They would have written one themselves if they were not so busy.

Godspeed to all fellow competitors. Have a blessed day and year from your 2014 champion and leader.

I appreciate your modesty Gregg. Far too many people this day and age would have boasted and come off arrogant when speaking about their accomplishments. You sir are a true champion! Lol I did get a kick out of your post. It was well written.

I appreciate your modesty Gregg. Far too many people this day and age would have boasted and come off arrogant when speaking about their accomplishments. You sir are a true champion! Lol I did get a kick out of your post. It was well written.

I just thank the Lawd.
As the 2014 YAHOO FANTASY RACING FORUMS CHAMPION I am humbled.
But for the grace of God and I would be just like the other 46 unaccomplished teams last year.

Last edited:
I thought Greg's post was a funny way to boast and brag about his accomplishments. :eek:

:)

Well it is hard to be humble when you are accomplished,. Some impossible bragging as distasteful as I find it to be is impossible to avoid.
A real struggle for a man that is pure, honest, humble and just so damn good, all while being the most modest person he knows.

The Apostle Paul had a infirmary of the flesh, and I guess mine is just being so good that it is embarrassing.

As a gift to my fans, I am thinking about writing a book on how I learnt to be so modest and humble.

Gonna be a good year. I wish I was in the Big dog league....missed the post.

It's getting close DP. Do ya wanna start a "who we are list" again this year? I'm still Johali on there as well..

I just thank the Lawd.
As the 2014 YAHOO FANTASY RACING FORUMS CHAMPION I am humbled.
But for the grace of God and I would be just like the other 46 unaccomplished teams last year.

What I want to know is did you celebrate as hard as Bad Brad when he won. :biggrin:

It's getting close DP. Do ya wanna start a "who we are list" again this year? I'm still Johali on there as well..
If people would like to post it on this thread, that'd be fine or if you'd like to post one, that'd be great. People could do a cut/paste to create the list with their forum name followed by their team name. Something like.....

Johali @Johali
UB3 Racing @dpkimmel2001

Link to join the game.

player list.jpg

Link to join the game.

It is really great to see many of the back marker teams signing back on. I was worried that some would have been to ashamed to return after getting whipped so badly last year.
I respect the determination to return after such utter humiliation, with a resolve not to be shy or intimidated. Stay strong.....I mean keep on trying to be strong.

Always try to be postive, cause even the misfits on the Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer Christmas classic eventually found a place. They probably felt weak and impotent too, but they eventually got off the misfit island. All the little teams dont have to be worthless little low performing teams and I think some will even score a top 10 weekend this year. I even expect a few to even finish within 500 points my 2015 RF YAHOO FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIP totals. An accomplisment that most likely will get someone printed on the same page of the final run down.
I am really not sure what more any of the little struggling rinky dinks teams could ever want

A little team may not be able to keep up with Johali or Blanston, FLRacingFan, Fast Ford etc but just wipe them tears way and keep a trying. We are looking down and rooting for you. I am sure that they can attest to how scarce the company is at the top, the cream of the crop, the chosen few, and understated elites. We would even like a little more of challange and maybe even remember a few of the stuggling names if they could step up and demonstrate just an ittsy bittsy little amount of skill. It would sure be a blessing to know that there are more than five or six teams to be concerned with for the title this year.

Just remember to be postive little teams, dont be mean to your family members, pets etc.. when those inevitable frustrations occour.

It is really great to see many of the back marker teams signing back on. I was worried that some would have been to ashamed to return after getting whipped so badly last year.
I respect the determination to return after such utter humiliation, with a resolve not to be shy or intimidated. Stay strong.....I mean keep on trying to be strong.

Always try to be postive, cause even the misfits on the Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer Christmas classic eventually found a place. They probably felt weak and impotent too, but they eventually got off the misfit island. All the little teams dont have to be worthless little low performing teams and I think some will even score a top 10 weekend this year. I even expect a few to even finish within 500 points my 2015 RF YAHOO FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIP totals. An accomplisment that most likely will get someone printed on the same page of the final run down.
I am really not sure what more any of the little struggling rinky dinks teams could ever want

A little team may not be able to keep up with Johali or Blanston, FLRacingFan, Fast Ford etc but just wipe them tears way and keep a trying. We are looking down and rooting for you. I am sure that they can attest to how scarce the company is at the top, the cream of the crop, the chosen few, and understated elites. We would even like a little more of challange and maybe even remember a few of the stuggling names if they could step up and demonstrate just an ittsy bittsy little amount of skill. It would sure be a blessing to know that there are more than five or six teams to be concerned with for the title this year.

Just remember to be postive little teams, dont be mean to your family members, pets etc.. when those inevitable frustrations occour.
Damn It's nice to have a humble champion. Sorta like how Keselowski was when he was Cup champion. :eek: :D

Greg nation home of the 2014 RF FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION humbly announces:

The "Meat your Momas and Sisters need and want" Market has just signed on as one of the associate sponsors for the reigning RF FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION.

They wanted to brand and package the products simply as Greg Meat. Their research data and test marketing had already concluded that the wimmin would eagerly snatch up every thing with the label, with the tightest grip possible.

But in my humble opinion the name drew to much attention toward the 2014 RF YAHOO FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION.

So after some negotiating we agreed on their second option. And it is just as accurate in my humble opinion.
The "Meat your Momas and Sisters need and want" market, essentially sez the same thing but more christian like.

Glad the season is almost here and looking forward toward discussing whipping everyone in the present tense.
And the opportunity to encourage and nurture all of the dreamers. Everyone of you is important to the 2014 RF YAHOO FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION.

I look forward to teaching everone plus any brave newbies how it is done one more time.

You're kidding right? Remember that Greg is the reigning champ and rethink that question. :eek:
Well I a expecting some juvenile behavior. Some will have a good weekend and not be able to handle the success. I am expecting a lot excessive self-aggrandizing and attention seeking would you look at me aint I special yada yada foolishness. The kind that would even make Madonna or Kim Kardashian blush.
They will go on and on worse than Danny Hamlin does a tweeter when his fingers are a ovaulating about it being the worse race day of his life ever.

As the RACING FORUMS YAHOO FANTASY LEAGUE CHAMPION, the leader of Greg Nation, North Americas, Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand’s and the peoples pride and joy and inspiration I have endeavored to leading us toward being as classy as possible. Still the same with all the fame prestige and the way I classed things up for everyone, I know the way folks are, somebody will have a posting orgy after the first good result.

But after a little humble reflection and trying to understand less under accomplished lives, I have to admit any time they can beat me a 10,000 point performer on a particular weekend they should be damn proud. Perhaps the greatest moment of their lives.
Greg has learned to respect the little folks and let them enjoy their moment. It is part of being humble and classy.

Back
Top Bottom