Yahoo Fantasy Group - racing-forums.com - 2016 edition

Hard to move up when all the drivers you'd expect to run good are actually running good. Had a 300+ week and really didn't gain anything.

The current RF YFL Overall Standings after Dover, October 2nd, 2016. Race 29 of 30.

Screenshot_2016-10-02-18-51-13-1.png

The Weekly Performance Results for Dover, October 2, 2016. Race 29 of 30.

Screenshot_2016-10-02-19-18-25-1.png

Congratulations to this weeks winner: Sedro Wolley Racing managed by RF member @Yogisd1.

Congratulations to @klemmabyna for retaking the points lead.

Both are putting together great seasons. The battle for the championship remains intense among several good teams.
It also looks like we will have a new or first time RF YFL champion this year.

Had both Truex and Elliott on my roster but started Larson and Blaney instead, resulting in a 100+ point kick in the butt.

ouch . . .

as I said a couple of weeks ago when I took a look at how many starts the contenders have left... this thing is coming down to the end with several strong teams with quality starts left.

my biggest concerns: Talladega. and over thinking my picks.

thanks again to greg for the updates and dpkimmel for setting it up.

as I said a couple of weeks ago when I took a look at how many starts the contenders have left... this thing is coming down to the end with several strong teams with quality starts left.

You are welcome, but I am just a big fan of the game, and simply post results.Thanks too, to Dpkimmel2001 for setting this all up, and making it happen. Thanks to RF too, for giving us a place to do this, all free at least to us.

Really thankful for all that play too, glad we have a good number of participants. The more the merrier and the more fun it makes to win, imo. I hope we have 50+ teams signed up when we start the 2017 Daytona 500.

Not much effort on my part. I just give the ball a little push and @Greg keeps it rolling. It's great to have a large chunk of the board members play the game if only for bragging rights. Too bad more don't take part.

The current RF YFL Overall Standings after Charlotte, October 9, 2016. Race 30 of 36.

Screenshot_2016-10-09-18-48-44-1.png

The RF YFL Weekly Performance Results for Charlotte, October 9, 2016. Race 30 of 36
Screenshot_2016-10-09-19-09-51-1.png

that was more painful than a restrictor plate race. my team: logano in the wall. then truex dumps Dillon and Elliot. the end.

The current RF YFL Overall Standings after Kansas, Race of 31 of 36. October 16th, 2016
Screenshot_2016-10-16-18-56-34-1.png

The RF YFL Weekly Performance Results for Kansas, Race 31 of 36. October 16th, 2016.

Screenshot_2016-10-16-19-28-15-1.png

Congratulations to @Whizzer 's Weiners this weeks winner.

Congratulations to @RayinTX and his team known as "Three Time" for retaining the lead.

RayinTX is a making a strong bid for the championship. A strong race today with big points and a 100 point lead with only five races remaining.

This is far from over. My B drivers are gonna be a challenge for me the last couple of weeks.

I was 40th, -526 points after the 10th race of the season...it's been a long climb to the top...now I gotta try to hold on...:cool:

I was 40th, -526 points after the 10th race of the season...it's been a long climb to the top...now I gotta try to hold on...:cool:
I had a similar start but I haven't hit your heights - yet. I'm just happy to hit the top 10 (hope to make the banquet).

top 6 dega picks:

three time: 2,3,5,88
klemmabyna: 48,3.27,24
peoplearestrange: 11,3,14,34
crimson tide racing: 4,31,14,88
molo's motorsports: 18,3,6,88
btls101: 2,3,14,88

The current RF YFL overall standings after Talladega, Race 32 of 36, October 23,2016
Screenshot_2016-10-23-18-54-54-1.png

The RF YFL weekly performance results for Talladega, October 23, 2016. Race 32 of 36
Screenshot_2016-10-23-19-24-02-1.png

I know I've posted this but whomever is 16th I remember as a youngster having to cross the border to be at Sedro Woolley court house to pay a fine for speeding back in the early 80's in Washington state.

I know I've posted this but whomever is 16th I remember as a youngster having to cross the border to be at Sedro Woolley court house to pay a fine for speeding back in the early 80's in Washington state.
Thats @Yogisd1 I don't think they come around much.

Thats @Yogisd1 I don't think they come around much.
I come here often, but don't post much. In '74 or '75 we were racing super modifides in the International Drivers Challenge. The name tickled our driver, Bill Clarkson, so much, when we got back to our home track, in Roseville Ca. he started racing under the name Sedro Woolley. We would get a kick when fans would come looking for Sedro after the races. Since we seem to be an international group here, I thought I would borrow the name for my team this year.

Maybe this post should have gone in the "The official tin foil hat thread" but as I was making my picks for Martinsville II, I noticed that 7 out of the 9 drivers in the A-list have made the Chase.

Obviously Junior is out of championship contention but if Keselowski had made the Chase instead of Edwards, the A-list would have been a virtual spot-on list of the Round of 8.

gentlemen, start your black helicopters . . .

Well, this isn't going to be a great week. I forgot to make my changes so my entire "B" category consists of sub-par drivers.

With only four racing remaining the battle for 2016 RF YFL championship is looking like it will be the most competitive one yet. An epic classic is in the works.
We have 9 teams within 145 points of the lead (the assumed cutoff point for a realistic chance at this years title, all strictly imo, YMMV.)

Even more incredible is the battle among the top 3 teams, that are seperated by only 22 points which is a miniscule amount. With only four races remaining it is almost a virtual tie and could easily flip several more times.

@klemmabyna has put together a very consistent season and currently leads. He has competed several seasons and is putting together a great run thus far.

@RayinTX aka team Three time. With four wins has won the most races, more than twice the amount of anyone else. Also has the most top fives at this point.
RayinTx has been the checkers or wreckers team this year it seems. Will be tough to beat if able to avoid disasters.

@PeopleAreStrange has performed well the last couple of seasons, has her best season ever going, with a strong shot at the championship too.

@Rick aka theRick and aka "angry cripples" last year when he won the championship is worth watching too. He has more ground to make up, but he certainly helped his chances last week, and has the proven experience as the defending champion.

Good luck to all involved.

A lot of Yap, yap folks but this a great fantasy league, I hope everyone returns next year to give it another shot.
If you have never played start conditioning and preparing for 2017 and join us. The more the merrier.

And anybody wanting to bring on some good natured smack talk, can bring it on too....

With only four racing remaining the battle for 2016 RF YFL championship is looking like it will be the most competitive one yet. An epic classic is in the works.

@PeopleAreStrange has performed well the last couple of seasons, has her best season ever going, with a strong shot at the championship too.

Her? :confused: I'm a guy. There's no woman running my fantasy account.

Her? :confused: I'm a guy. There's no woman running my fantasy account.

I apologize unintentionall mix up on my part.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Lots of respect to you and your team, good luck.

Martinsville:

klemmabyna 22, 47, 14, 88
Three Time 22, 1, 47, 88
PeopleAreStrange 20, 47, 1, 88
MK2016Champ 48, 47, 31, 88
Crimson Tide Racing 4, 14, 31, 88
Treehouse Technology n48, 31, 14, 88
Molo's Motorsports 18, 1, 47, 88
TheRick 11, 31, 47, 88
btls101 11, 1, 14, 88

Back
Top Bottom