Your 2014 Sprint Cup Champion!!

You read about players of other sports --- b'ball, f'ball, and boxing --- losing their money ----- but I don't remember hearing of many NASCAR drivers losing theirs. Yes, I know some older drivers are in bad straits, but only because they didn't make as much.

Some of them lost what they had trying to be car owners didn't they ?

Harvick burn out champ.jpg

I believe that Childers deserves a fair amount of credit as well, for putting a very fast car under his driver nearly every week.
Hard not to give this guy a ton of credit. Kept speed in the cars and his team focused through all the break-downs and pit crew issues. Seems like a nice guy from what I have seen as well.

Hard not to give this guy a ton of credit. Kept speed in the cars and his team focused through all the break-downs and pit crew issues. Seems like a nice guy from what I have seen as well.

His loss from RCR to MWR was a huge blow that RCR has yet to recover from. His loss from MWR was equally devastating . Now a championship . How good is this guy ?

His loss from RCR to MWR was a huge blow that RCR has yet to recover from. His loss from MWR was equally devastating . Now a championship . How good is this guy ?

Well, he's a champion crew chief so he's at least that good. Seems to be pretty cool under pressure when everything and everyone around him is rattled as well.

I don't have any trouble with Childers being #1 he did wonders with MWR's Toyota junk, Tony and company saw what I saw too, it was obvious that Martin or Vickers had great cars every week. And you had to have a better driver than both of them, Harvick proved that. freaky fast!

Congrats to SHR and Kevin, turned up the wick when it really counted.

Most of the time the cup champion runs the last race conservatively to ensure the championship. There have been a few champions who have won the last race in recent memory but that is the exception. I didn't expect the for contenders to be at the front at the end of the race, I expected them to be running through out the field. Harvick ran the race like he has trough out the year and that's what was needed to win the up. Congrats to Harvick, he was one of several deserving drivers (and there will probably be a Newman type driver that gets it someday). It was a fun championship run this year topping off a good year of racing.

Kevin Harvick gives his ‘Top 10 List’ on Late Night With David Letterman

Newly-crowned NASCAR Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick did the rounds of New York on Tuesday.

And in traditional form for most recent past Sprint Cup champs, Harvick stopped in on The Late Show With David Letterman to perform Tuesday night’s “Top 10 List.”

The new champ received two big rounds of applause and took to his task at hand quite well.

So without further adieu, here’s Kevin Harvick’s “Tips For Becoming An Auto Racing Champion:”

No. 10. “Hands at 10 and 2 when driving – and 11 and 1 when celebrating.”
No. 9. “Reduce weight of the car – take out the brakes.”
No. 8. “During a race, save your energy for the post-race brawl.”
No. 7. “There’s no rule against slashing your opponent’s tires.”
No. 6. “No sex the night before the race – or during the race.”
No. 5. “Don’t waste time learning to parallel park.”
No. 4. “A pit stop should only last long enough to lick the windshield.”
No. 3. “Resist the temptation to take a mid-race selfie.”
No. 2. “Remember, if you lose, you don’t have to do ‘Letterman.’”
No. 1. “Accept the fact that your ass will never stop vibrating.”

With all this talk of the Chase and what not, I thought I'd remind you all of the last true cup champ ;) And as such, I'm going to complain about everything Nascar related until MY DRIVER wins the cup again. Then, I'll love Nascar and everything about it. :D as long as my driver is winning

s1_1.jpg

With all this talk of the Chase and what not, I thought I'd remind you all of the last true cup champ ;) And as such, I'm going to complain about everything Nascar related until MY DRIVER wins the cup again. Then, I'll love Nascar and everything about it. :D as long as my driver is winning

s1_1.jpg
Kenseth is the last true Cup champ. Not because of the Chase or any of that, but because 2003 was the last year the championship trophy had an actual cup on it.

I'll see your Kenseth and raise you with a Gordon And Dale Earnhardt. :D

JG4trophies.jpg
8baf09cc02258fe73219d801b41af9a1.jpg

Kenseth is the last true Cup champ. Not because of the Chase or any of that, but because 2003 was the last year the championship trophy had an actual cup on it.
Not only does the Sprint Cup trophy not have a cup but to me it doesn't seem like a "champions" trophy. Maybe its just me.

The nationwide trophy is more appealing than the 10 race chase trophy

I'll see your Kenseth and raise you with a Gordon And Dale Earnhardt. :D

JG4trophies.jpg
8baf09cc02258fe73219d801b41af9a1.jpg
Always wondered, is there a reason for the silver cup trophy in '95?

Most of the time the cup champion runs the last race conservatively to ensure the championship. There have been a few champions who have won the last race in recent memory but that is the exception. I didn't expect the for contenders to be at the front at the end of the race, I expected them to be running through out the field. Harvick ran the race like he has trough out the year and that's what was needed to win the up. Congrats to Harvick, he was one of several deserving drivers (and there will probably be a Newman type driver that gets it someday). It was a fun championship run this year topping off a good year of racing.

What was refreshing and new was that there wasn't a "all he has to do is start the race to win" or "he already won won last week" like it was in Nationwide and the trucks. Haven't seen a last race for all the marbles since Stewart and Edwards went after it in 2011.

Kevin Harvick gives his ‘Top 10 List’ on Late Night With David Letterman

Newly-crowned NASCAR Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick did the rounds of New York on Tuesday.

And in traditional form for most recent past Sprint Cup champs, Harvick stopped in on The Late Show With David Letterman to perform Tuesday night’s “Top 10 List.”

The new champ received two big rounds of applause and took to his task at hand quite well.

So without further adieu, here’s Kevin Harvick’s “Tips For Becoming An Auto Racing Champion:”

No. 10. “Hands at 10 and 2 when driving – and 11 and 1 when celebrating.”
No. 9. “Reduce weight of the car – take out the brakes.”
No. 8. “During a race, save your energy for the post-race brawl.”
No. 7. “There’s no rule against slashing your opponent’s tires.”
No. 6. “No sex the night before the race – or during the race.”
No. 5. “Don’t waste time learning to parallel park.”
No. 4. “A pit stop should only last long enough to lick the windshield.”
No. 3. “Resist the temptation to take a mid-race selfie.”
No. 2. “Remember, if you lose, you don’t have to do ‘Letterman.’”
No. 1. “Accept the fact that your ass will never stop vibrating.”

I gotta say, Letterman just looks tired. He's not as animated as he used to be.

Same here, I loved the Letterman from the 90s. I think it's time for him to retire next and have someone else step in to host.
NBC Letterman > CBS Letterman

As for retirement, that's happening. Stephen Colbert is taking over his show early next year.

The one where I gave up my TV for Online content.

I have completely forgotten about Colbert taking over The Late Show.
I didn't know it either but that switch sounds like NBC has waved the white flag. Maybe they spent too much on their upcoming NASCAR contract instead of buying some talent for their late night show. I'm just sayin.

Oh, congrats to Harvick!

:oops:edit.....

nevermind..... got my networks wrong. The talent comment still applies.

Back
Top Bottom