your favorite track and why??

Martinsville. The winner's car usually looks like it's actually been in a stock car race afterwards.

Kurt_Busch_Martinsville_Win_2014_Diecast__78622.1396299674.1280.1280.jpg

700-11fXfj.AuSt.138.jpeg

favorite tracks for me usually change from time to time. These past two years I have been fairly enjoying California a lot. However that will change as soon as Nascar deems the racing surface unraceable and re-paves it.

Martinsville, not just for the racing but because the track remains true to its roots. Victory Lane is on the front stretch like it would be at your local short track. The Martinsville High School Marching Band performs the National Anthem. The track supports the community. They also support grassroots racing. They hold the Virginia is for Racing Lovers 300 every fall - a chance for short track drivers to win a grandfather clock and a $25,000 check.

Martinsville is the only real racetrack left in NASCAR. Every other track has evolved in to an arena and, in the process, they've forgotten where the track and the sport come from. Sadly, this attitude has even worked its way down to short track racing. There are so many short tracks that are so corporate that it's not even fun to go to some of them.

Used to be Bristol until they screwed it up. The old Atlanta and Richmond track were goodies. Hate the cookie cutter tracks. Guess I'd have to say Daytona and Talledega.

I've decided. Bristol. Great racing, fantastic view of the action, pits are crazy, plenty of restrooms, elevators, protection from the wind, decent food prices and fairly easy walk in parking.

Martinsville. The winner's car usually looks like it's actually been in a stock car race afterwards.

Kurt_Busch_Martinsville_Win_2014_Diecast__78622.1396299674.1280.1280.jpg

700-11fXfj.AuSt.138.jpeg

That sticker is so dumb and tackily-basic that they don't even call it a decal. lol

Darlington, Sears point-Sonoma or what ever new name it now has and any short track they'll run on.

I've decided. Bristol. Great racing, fantastic view of the action, pits are crazy, plenty of restrooms, elevators, protection from the wind, decent food prices and fairly easy walk in parking.

Yep, plenty of restrooms is by far more important than good racing. My house has plenty of restrooms, thats why I usually watch at home :rolleyes:

watchin tv.....fav track is one on tv that week end.

attendence......entire daytona 500 speedweek....sat thru sat......both cup weekends.....duals...truck...nns..
plus 2 short tracks nearby all week ....volusia / new smyrna.......every type racer in usa is there.....dirt an asphalt.

I must say I do enjoy Road America, and I wish the Cup cars would start running there.

Back
Top Bottom