“Put anyone in that car and they will win”

The 2019 rules should dumb things down enough and penalize the best teams to the point of making things closer for the lesser teams.
I am in favor of that to some extent. No fun watching a race where the biggest check book always wins.

Big fan of Almirola, while in the 43 he kept the fenders on it and did the best he could with the equipment he had to work with. There is more than one driver out there doing the same thing that isn't in one of the handful of faster cars. Hopefully next year will take a bit of the gap away in the mid pack ranks and there will be more racing for spots in the mid pack area.

Almirola isn't in the top 8 without OSS.

oh yeah that OSS tent has been doing a hell of a job driving that car.:confused:

Don't have to be as fast when everything has been taken away from your rivals. Chevy would have a bitch in this too. All good. Go AA!

For those that don’t think Almirola can drive compare his stats in the 10 to Danica’s and his stats in the 43 to Bubba’s..

For those that don’t think Almirola can drive compare his stats in the 10 to Danica’s and his stats in the 43 to Bubba’s..

He has 100% exposed Danica. Bubba I thought would have much more top 15s top 20s, disappointing season for him for sure.

He has 100% exposed Danica. Bubba I thought would have much more top 15s top 20s, disappointing season for him for sure.

No doubt Almirola is a quality driver. I believe they put more into the 10 in terms of resources, so a better car than before, but he is a far better driver than DP.

Bubba is OK but the cars being put out now at RPM are circle wagons. They have little to no sponsor money, and cobble together just enough to get to the track with one car. Put BW in a quality ride and he would compete in that range or better.

No doubt Bubba would do better in a car that had more money and tech built into it. Comparing Wallace to Almirola's record with the Petty car, so far Almirola's record is better by a pretty large margin. Wallace did pretty badly at Martinsville, but compared to Clint Boyer who won the last Martinsville race and finished 21st this time in a much better car? Throw in luck, bad breaks and economics into the mix, it's complicated trying to compare driver records.

Back
Top Bottom