1.2 Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer, Joey Lagano, Robby Gordon pick the best Current/Active Driver

1.2 Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer, Joey Lagano, Robby Gordon pick the best Current/Active Driver

• Kevin Harvick 19 wins, 4.419 win %, best points results 3rd (2 times), 14.5 Avg Fin

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Clint Bowyer 8 wins, 3.162 win %, best points results 2nd, 14.8 Avg Fin

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Joey Lagano 2 wins, 1.361 win %, 18.7 Avg Fin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robby Gordon 3 wins, 0.756 win %, 26.5 Avg Fin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

Kevin Harvick 19 wins, 4.419 win %, best points results 3rd (2 times), 14.5 Avg Fin
Clint Bowyer 8 wins, 3.162 win %, best points results 2nd, 14.8 Avg Fin
Joey Lagano 2 wins, 1.361 win %, 18.7 Avg Fin
Robby Gordon 3 wins, 0.756 win %, 26.5 Avg Fin

This poll will close in four days, the winner advances to the next round.

I am still a little confused here if we are voting on current skill or career accomplishments. If its current skill Gordon is pretty much done and Joey Logano is barely hanging onto to a career in cup. Bowyer I think can be the more consistant of the two but Harvick I believe stands a better shot at delivering wins. As for career accomplishments Harvick wins easily over the three of the.

I am still a little confused here if we are voting on current skill or career accomplishments. If its current skill Gordon is pretty much done and Joey Logano is barely hanging onto to a career in cup. Bowyer I think can be the more consistant of the two but Harvick I believe stands a better shot at delivering wins. As for career accomplishments Harvick wins easily over the three of the.

Regarding the terms CURRENT and ACTIVE, I am expecting people to define them subjectively. That's fine with me and even if I wanted to, there is no way I could stop them. I also as the creator of these threads do not want to apply a strict legalistic definition. I also am trying to be careful not impose my own subjective bias, each person has the freedom or liberty to decide themselves.
However, I will explain my definition as long as it is understood that this is just the thoughts of another forum member. Should anyone disagree, I still hope they will participate on these threads using there own good judgement.

Here goes: As a longer driver is still fast and capable of winning I would consider them as current. Stats are good and provide some direction, but they are not the total sum of a driver, so intuition and good discernment is needed. I also believe the driver who performed the best does not always win. I would simply vote for the driver that his impressed me the most with his driving performance.
Again this is just my idea, no one else has to agree.

I would consider almost everyone as current except for : Terry Labonte, Bill Elliott, and Robby Gordon. But they are still here and anyone should be able to vote for them without apology.

Now on to bigger questions if I was voting between Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Brad Keselowski, I would vote for Gordon of the mid 90s, or JJ 2005 to 2010, or Brads last three years. All three can still win and dominate at times. The one who impressed me most at the best stages would get my vote.

Greg, I know this is your thread and you can do as you wish. It's interesting but I think there is a big flaw in it. You will eliminate a driver/drivers who could and maybe should be able to get more votes than others in the future. Let's say you put Jeff, Jimmie and Brad all in the same poll. Only one of them would move forward and would no doubt beat many of the others who won their poll. Just a thought.

Greg, I know this is your thread and you can do as you wish. It's interesting but I think there is a big flaw in it. You will eliminate a driver/drivers who could and maybe should be able to get more votes than others in the future. Let's say you put Jeff, Jimmie and Brad all in the same poll. Only one of them would move forward and would no doubt beat many of the others who won their poll. Just a thought.

Thanks, and you are right there are some great matchups between 11 and 20.
It will not be a perfect but my plan is to set up a top 16.

But after this round I will take the highest four non winners something close to seeds 17 through 20 and poll them head to head. #20 will face #19 the winner will go on to face #18 and so on until the final 16 are firmed up.
This way every spot 1 through 20 will be settled one on one. That will not be a 100 % fix, but it will help. It is a long season we have time.

Toughest round by far in my mind . Bowyer has a huge upside based on this years performance , Harvick seems to have peaked, but that may be the equipment that he is in . That makes them pretty even to me.

Back
Top Bottom