160 G's!

P

PettyBenson

from jayski!!

160 G's? Sources say Jerry Nadeau's wreck at Richmond registered 160 G-forces, double the hardest hit recorded since NASCAR started using black boxes in 2002. That Nadeau survived is a testament to safety enhancements made since Dale Earnhardt's death in February 2001. Nadeau remains hospitalized; he is semiconscious and in fair condition.(Sporting News)(5-19-2003)

If thats true Holy Crap!!!!
He is a extremly lucky guy to be alive!!!! Even more than i thought in the first place!!! I thought Kyles 80 G's was bad!!! :wacko:

When will NASCAR take the frame/chassis/roll cage design from the 1960's and do something for safety? NASCAR has killed more drivers than IRL,CART, F-1 and NHRA combined in last five years alone. Why? :(

Originally posted by redrock@May 19 2003, 02:14 PM
Why? :(
mainly because their tornado style tracks with a runoff zone that consists of a concrete wall. 160g's, wow.

Man! I can only imagine how Jerry felt after hitting the wall there... :(

I was surprised by that number, as well. I'm even more impressed that Jerry was able to survive that. It serves as a testament to the safety of those cars. Those drivers are safer at 200mph than we are driving our street cars at 35mph.

Originally posted by ward22@May 19 2003, 02:35 PM
I can't. 160 g's WOW!

Originally posted by ward22@May 19 2003, 03:35 PM
I bet he doesn't remember much, probably remembers saying "Oh $*!t" :(

Back
Top Bottom