20 Years Ago Today

ToyYoda

Team Owner
I never was a big Dale Sr. fan when he was racing, but his Daytona 500 win 20 years ago today remains one of my favorite moments in NASCAR. Seeing him finally get it done after being so close so many times was pretty awesome.

IMG_1249.JPG

Man I'm getting old, I was a 7year old who had been happy to be home to watch all of Speedweeks even though that involved having chicken pox.

One of my favorite races. I was so happy for Dale that day. I rarely cheered for Dale on raceday, but I loved him the rest of the week and what he meant to the sport. @kymartin6 has said something very similar before and it sums up my feelings really well. I really miss him.

It was cool to see, but I was so pissed because Gordon had a car that could have won the race and the motor dropped a cylinder with about four laps to go that it was hard to enjoy...

Yep, very cool to see it happen.

I'll never forget watching this! When he got the yellow flag the then realization he finally won it was crazy cool!

It still amazes me that Rusty never won a points awarding plate race.

I was a 7 year old kid when Dale won that 500. My how time has flown. Proud that I was able to witness that moment in history. By far my favorite era of NASCAR racing.

I'm sorry, but every time I see this discussion title my brain automatically responds with "Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play". :jamming:

Back
Top Bottom