2010 IndyCar Silly Season

D

DanicaFan

I know it’s a bit early but I love the silly season in racing. It’s always exciting to hear all the rumors of who is going where, etc. So I am posting this thread in reference to the 2010 IndyCar silly season. This thread will obviously change quite a bit when more news happens. So look for frequent updates and changes.

Here is how I see the 2010 season so far…

FULL TIME TEAMS w/sponsors

Team Penske

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#12 Will Power

Target Chip Ganassi Racing

#9 Scott Dixon – Target
#10 Dario Franchitti – Target

Andretti Racing

#7 Danica Patrick – Boost Mobile/Motorola
#11 Tony Kanaan – 7-11
#26 Marco Andretti – Various sponsors (Venom)
#27 Ryan Hunter-Reay – IZOD

Newman Haas Lanigan Racing

#02 Graham Rahal – McDonald’s
#06 Alex Lloyd – Her Energy Drink
Car #-? Hideki Mutoh- Formula Dream

KV Racing Technology

#5 Mario Moraes

Panther Racing

#4 Dan Wheldon – National Guard

AJ Foyt Enterprises

#14 Vitor Meira – ABC Supply

Dale Coyne Racing

#18 Justin Wilson – Z-Line Designs
#19-?

Vision Racing

#20 Ed Carpenter- Menard’s

FAZZT Racing

#77 Alex Tagliani

Luczo Dragon Racing

#2 Raphael Matos

HVM Racing

#33 Robert Doornbos
2nd Car- TBA

Conquest Racing

#00 Nelson Philippe

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

#23 –Milka Duno
#24 ?? – (Mike Conway possible)

POSSIBLE FULL TIME TEAM

Newman Wachs Racing

Car# ? - John Edwards

PART TIME TEAMS

Sarah Fisher Racing

#67 Sarah Fisher – Dollar General / AAA Insurance
#76 Jay Howard – Tire Kingdom

3G

#98 – TBA

KV Racing Technology

#15 Paul Tracy – Monster / GEICO

DeFerran Motorsports – Could run full-time or part-time depending on funds.

EJ Viso to run a 3rd Ganassi car? http://www.indystar.com/article/200...04/SPORTS/Earnhardt-slump-has-owner-concerned

Viso has eye on Ganassi car -

Although neither side has confirmed it, E.J. Viso is working to become the third IndyCar Series driver at Ganassi Racing in 2010.

Viso spent the past two seasons with HVM Racing. He would join two-time IndyCar champions Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon.

That three-car lineup, along with the similar one at Team Penske, concerns opponents.

"There's six good cars and you know Michael Andretti is going to have his team back to form and Newman/Haas looked pretty good in the second half of the year," said Dan Wheldon, who drives for Panther Racing. "You've got to be pretty good now just to be in the top 10."

Andretti said he is close to wrapping up contracts now that he has taken sole control of newly named Andretti Autosport.

There was a snippet about this in the IndyStar today. Im not sure about this. I like Viso but Im suprised some other drivers werent mentioned for a 3rd possible Target car.

Looks as if DeFerran has closed his shop in Indy. So, most likely no DeFerran in the IRL next year. There is talk of a possible merger between DeFerran and Vision Racing.

There is news coming out of Indy now that Ana Beatriz will be racing in the IndyCar Series race in Brazil next March. The report I heard didnt state specifics as to what team but said she will be racing in the IndyCar race. Pretty cool.

In case you dont know her, Ana raced in the Firestone Indy Lights series for 2 seasons.

Some more news coming out of Indy again..

Giorgio Pantano might possibly be a 2nd car for Panther Racing next year. Dan Wheldon is already with Panther Racing.

Has Rahal/Letterman just given up on IRL all together?

For the 2nd year in a row, Sam Schmidt Motorsports and Chip Ganassi Racing will team up for this year's Indianapolis 500. The driver will be Townsend Bell and he will be driving the #99 car.

Townsend Bell finished 4th at last year's Indy 500.

As some of you know or might not know, McDonald's is out from Newman Haas Lanigan Racing. Rahal has not "officially" been signed with the team. At this time, you also have Target Chip Ganassi and Penske in the mix scrambling to get him signed.

This could be interesting before its all done.

The news from Indy is that Dreyer & Reinbold Racing are going to announce thier 2 drivers Tuesday (today). They are said to be Justin Wilson and Mike Conway.

Yep, Dreyer & Reinbold has signed Justin Wilson and Mike Conway for the 2010 season.

Justin Wilson has taken his Z-Line Design sponsorship with him to D&R.

EJ Viso will be testing with KV Racing Technology Monday (today) at Sebring.

And another good note, Snap-On Tools will stay on with Penske Racing. So they keep another sponsor, not only for the IRL but NASCAR as well.

Former Formula 1 driver, Takuma Sato has signed on with KV Racing Technology for the 2010 season. He will be at the test at Barber Motorsports Park next week.

EJ Viso signs with KV Racing Technology and will be in the #8 car. Hideki Mutoh will be in the #06 car at Newman Haas Lanigan Racing.

Mario Romancini has signed with Conquest Racing for the 2010 IndyCar season. He will be driving the #34 car. He drove for RLR/Anderson Racing in the Indy Lights series last year. He will be at Barber ths week for testing.

Okay...I've lost count - how many drivers are going the full season now? Where do I look that stuff up?

Okay...I've lost count - how many drivers are going the full season now? Where do I look that stuff up?

Thanks for the kind words SlowNeasy.

Dionysius, here is my latest count of full-time and possible part-time entries. This is going off what information I have received and some talk around here in Indy, especially the part-time rides.

Full Time:

Team Penske

#3 Helio Castroneves
#6 Ryan Briscoe
#12 Will Power

Target Chip Ganassi Racing

#9 Scott Dixon
#10 Dario Franchitti

Andretti Autosport

#7 Danica Patrick
#11 Tony Kanaan
#26 Marco Andretti
#37 Ryan Hunter-Reay (confirmed partial, most likely full-time)

KV Racing Technology

#5 Takuma Sato
#8 EJ Viso

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

#22 Justin Wilson
#24 Mike Conway

Panther Racing

#4 Dan Wheldon

AJ Foyt Enterprises

#14 Vitor Meira

Luczo Dragon/DeFerran Racing

#2 Raphael Matos

Conquest Racing

#34 Mario Romancini

FAZZT Racing

#77 Alex Tagliani

Newman Haas Lanigan Racing

#06 Hideki Mutoh

Here is a list of the partial drivers at this time...

Sarah Fisher & Jay Howard -Sarah Fisher Racing
Milka Duno & Alex Lloyd - Dale Coyne Racing
Ana Beatriz & Simona de Silvestro - HVM Racing
Paul Tracy - KV Racing Technology
Davey Hamilton - Luczo Dragon/De Ferran Racing
Jaime Camara - Conquest Racing
James Rossiter - KV Racing Technology
Tomas Scheckter - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing -(This has been mentioned, no final words yet)

The above list could change as you all know how the silly season can get. I heard rumors that Mario Moraes headed down to Barber, we shall see.

I didnt include any of the Indy 500 one-offs, like Townsend Bell, John Andretti, ect. Those will come out from now until May.

The thing that sickens me the most is no Graham Rahal confirmed anywhere. Terrible.:(

Andretti Autosport is about ready to announce a new driver, not sure if it's IndyLights or IndyCar.

It's official, Simona de Silvestro is now running a full-time schedule with HVM Racing this year. She is driving the #78 Team Stargate/HVM Racing car.

A sad day in IndyCar and at Dale Coyne Racing. Milka Duno has signed on full-time with Daley Coyne Racing.

A sad day in IndyCar and at Dale Coyne Racing. Milka Duno has signed on full-time with Daley Coyne Racing.

Wow I thought Dale Coyne was a respectable bussiness man. Anyways doesnt suprise me there at this point this close to the beginning of season they need more cars on the grid so they will take anyone with cash. Hopefully they can blackflag her off the course before she causes to much trouble.

Andretti Autosport is about ready to announce a new driver, not sure if it's IndyLights or IndyCar.

Their driver announcement is that they signed 15 year old Sage Karam to drive for their team in the 2010 USF2000 National Championship. This kid was great in karting, let's see how he does now.

Their driver announcement is that they signed 15 year old Sage Karam to drive for their team in the 2010 USF2000 National Championship. This kid was great in karting, let's see how he does now.

I dont think it really matters how good he is, especialy in a couple years from now. JR Hilderbrand was dominate last year for Andretti's team in the Indy Lights series and now he cant even get a ride because he doesnt have money.

Milka Duno has a full-time ride, while Graham Rahal and Paul Tracy are on the sidelines?

That's Bull$hit man!

True. But she is, after all, Hugo Chavez's honey so whatever money she needs to get a ride she gets.

:eek:

I don't care how good Milka's Milk is, she sucks as a racedriver. They oughta give Ana Beatrix that car fulltime...

True. But she is, after all, Hugo Chavez's honey so whatever money she needs to get a ride she gets.

:eek:
Open wheel racing has always been about bringing in the money for your ride. I'll agree that Milka isn't a good driver, but she does qualify over many others who don't and I don't see much complaining about those guys. If you suck, you suck. It's how you finish that counts. If you don't make the race, then find another series or bring more money.

Yes! Mario Moraes will stay on with KV Racing Technology. He will be driving the #32 car. He will also be in Brazil this weekend. That was a close call.

Graham Rahal will run two races with Sarah Fisher Racing. What a shame... Milka Duno gets a quality ride and a proven talent like Rahal is racing part-time in a crappy third-tier ride.

Conquest Racing has signed on Bertrand Baguette for the rest of this IndyCar season. Conquest's other driver is Mario Romancini.

Baguette won the 2009 World Series by Renault Championship. Baguette first IndyCar race will be at Barber Motorsports Park on April 11th

John Andretti will be Andretti Autosport's 5th entry for this year's Indianapolis 500.

FAZZT Racing will add Bruno Junqueira on as their 2nd entry for this year's Indianapolis 500.

John Andretti will also be driving for Andretti Autosport in the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway this year on May 1st as well as the Indianapolis 500.

John again is teamed up with Richard Petty and Window World and will be driving the #43 car again wth the traditional blue/red Petty paint scheme.

Back
Top Bottom