17 47 Don Droud Jr. Lincoln, NE

18 56 Davey Heskin St. Michael, MN

19 6 Kraig Kinser Bloomington, IN

20 2 Dale Blaney Fowler, OH

21 51 Fred Rahmer Salfordville, PA

22 14 Jason Meyers Clovis, CA

23 92 Kerry Madsen St. Marys, NSW, Aus,

24 17A Austin McCarl Altoona, IA

Starting Order: 1, 9, 2, 14, 27, 21, 13, 11, 51, 56, 15H, 17A, 15, 55, 92, 83, 57, 7, 83X, 41

In hot laps, Stewart and Heskin's cars both showed smoke. All drivers have made the call here we go red flag for austin mccarl hard flip in turn one. That car is pretty much demolished, tough break for one of our locals. complete restart sammy leads lap one. sammy bobbled on the cushion in turn four and sweet went around him but sweet's car showing smoke. sweet high and swindell low racing side by side for the lead. yellow for heskin slowing. he will restart. computer is running so slow, sorry about it. sammy leads sweet, meyers, blaney, schatz, pittman. traffic ahead with 40 to go. meyers and schatz challenging sweet. red flag for madsen flip in turn two at the back gate. sorry about the lack of capitalization and punctuation, it's just better if I don't worry about it. we lost our internet completely at the pressbox for a time as everything is overloaded. k. kinser is in the work area. restart three wide forthe lead and schatz has it at the line and he's flying. sweet now second. sammy has meyers and pittman on his bumper. pittman around swindell for third now. pittman now second. swindell around sweet. traffic ahead and pittman is closing. halfway home yellow flag mandatory pit stop. we will have 23 to go when we resume. restart schatz does a wheelie out of fur and pittman makes a lside job work three wide again for the lead schatz back in front. stewart on the move around the top up to fourth. meyers off the pace down the bakstretch he willpull in. traffic ahead for schatz with pittman not far behind and swindell righ there. pittman smacks the wall and swindell gets second again. tries a slide job but swindell pullss away. schatz putting lapped cars in between with 12 to go. now sammy closes fast with no lapped cars in between. rahmer slowing on the track but pulls in. nine to go and sammy reeling in schatz. stewart still third. four to go and sammy is right there in turn one. sammy slides through the middle and now stewart is right there and takes second with a slide job. stewart coming on schatz. schatz wins his fifth Nationals.

A 5th for Schatz in 6 years, Sammy comes up sort again. One of these days, I'm going to make it out there. the Nationals is on my bucket list for sure.

Thanks for the report.

I guess I should be rooting for Meyers. About 2 or 3 years ago I took my son to the year ending races at Charlotte. My son has Muscular Dystrophy and is immobile.

Any how, one of Jason's guys rode the elevator up to the stands with us. He made a quick friendship with my son, and talked up my boys first WoO event. After the elevator ride I figured that was the end of a nice conversation.

But during intermission he tracked us down and gave my son two Meyers caps, and two Meyers tee shirts, nice ones.

Dad's don't forget the good guys and moments, it was a very good deed.

I like Sammy too, two bad tires killed him at Eldora and Knoxville last year.

Good day for Daryn Pittman

Congrats to Donnie Schatz! One heckuva shoe!

Good day for Daryn Pittman after 2 DNFs earlier due to mechanical failure.

Granted, Pittman finishing fifth is not a win but it is better than sixth and taking the lead at one point shows Heffner Racing and Daryn Pittman are serious contenders. They are in the lead or near the front at any track and are proving competitive racing against anybody in either the 360 or 410 sprint car series.

FYI The Nationals will be on SPEED Sunday Sept 4th @ noon Eastern time (check times, I just finished a 12 hour night shift ?? I could be off on the time).

Also on next Friday and Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom