2012 IZOD IndyCar Series schedule discussion

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
This is quickly turning in to a complete revival of the ChampCar World Series.

Two races in Brazil, race in China, race in Quebec along with possibly Toronto and Edmonton. The Reliant Park Houston course appears destined to return, and Cleveland is possible. Baltimore is signed through 2015 (Stephanie Rawlings-Blake won the Democratic Primary which is basically the general in Baltimore, so the political threat to that race has disappeared). Birmingham is on through next year. St. Petersburg and Long Beach return obviously. Possible race at Laguna Seca as well. Also, rumors that the series could return to Detroit for a street race.

Also, the existing TV contract remains the same.

The Indianapolis 500 will air on ABC (where it has aired since 1965) with expanded coverage on the ESPN live multimedia platform. Four other races will air on ABC much to the dismay of many fans and some in the IndyCar media. (Marty Reid is not very popular)

The remainder of the races will air on "NBC Sports Network" on cable. ESPN/ABC demanded a provision in the contract to prevent NBC Sports from airing the races on NBC (which, of course, kills TV audiences for the IZOD IndyCar Series).

Not to change the topic, but I would love to see Marty Reid come back to Nhra, and Paul Page go back to IndyCar. I always thought Paul did a good job in IndyCar, and Marty did a good job in Drag Racing.

To me, the 2012 schedule is shaping up to be terrible. More road courses, less ovals. Not excited.

To me, the 2012 schedule is shaping up to be terrible. More road courses, less ovals. Not excited.

I don't know, Baltimore and Long Beach are awesome venues. Can't say I'm excited about half the schedule being overseas.

As for Detroit, there's already a good track nearby for IndyCar to race at, it's called Michigan International Speedway.

I like a 50/50 mix of road courses and ovals. I dont know what is up with the Japan race but I have a feeling this will be the last race there.

Is the feeling from Finale being in the race title?

Back
Top Bottom