2012 NBA Draft

Benevolent One

Team Owner
Ok, I know that there aren't many other basketball junkies in here, but I'm going to post this thread anyway.

My team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, really surprised me by taking Dion Waiters with the #4 overall pick. I really wanted Bradley Beal or Harrison Barnes. Beal was taken by Washington at #3 so he wasn't an option but Harrison Barnes was right there for the taking. I think Barnes is what we needed. He's a 6'8" small forward who can really shoot the ball. His shooting could have really complimented Kyrie Irving's penetration and kick game. As of right now, Irving destroys a defense with the dribble and kicks it out to someone who misses the open shot. Waiters isn't nearly as strong a shooter as Barnes. However, Waiters brings a toughness and an attitude that the Cavs didn't have and all the experts say his game is much more suited to the pros where he is expected to be a terrific scorer.

I have no such feelings about their other pick Tyler Zeller. That guy is exactly who I wanted them to come out of the draft with. He is a legitimate 7 footer who can really run the floor and is a true center. You don't find a lot of those guys anymore. They traded their #24, #33 and #34 for Zeller, whom the Mavericks picked at #17 to trade to the Cavs.

Looks like the Suns picked up Kendall Marshall from North Carolina, who will hopefully be a good understudy to Steve Nash, one of our favorites here.
But word on the street has free agent Nash strongly considering Toronto. I hope he sticks around.
Stay tuned.

Looks like the Suns picked up Kendall Marshall from North Carolina, who will hopefully be a good understudy to Steve Nash, one of our favorites here.
But word on the street has free agent Nash strongly considering Toronto. I hope he sticks around.
Stay tuned.
I just don't see him going to Toronto. I know he is from Canada, but he's from the completely other side of Canada for one. Also, Toronto is pretty far from competing for anything and Nash is getting to that point in his career where he desperately wants to win a title before he shuts it down. Miami makes a lot more sense, if in fact, they can find the money to make it happen.

I just don't see him going to Toronto.

Breaking news right now says he's headed west - to our arch rival - the LA Lakers.
Lots of Arizonians posting their disgust all over our local facebook, but I'm not among them.
I'm not crazy about where he's headed, but he's done so much for our Suns that it's hard for me to chastize him for his decision. Get over it, Suns "fans".

Breaking news right now says he's headed west - to our arch rival - the LA Lakers.
Lots of Arizonians posting their disgust all over our local facebook, but I'm not among them.
I'm not crazy about where he's headed, but he's done so much for our Suns that it's hard for me to chastize him for his decision. Get over it, Suns "fans".
I'm not sure how good of a fit he will be with this Lakers team. But adding a player of his caliber can't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom