2013 Belgian Grand Prix

S

SuperTex14

From one of the slowest tracks to one of the fastest: the F1 paddock travels from Hungaroring to Spa-Francorchamps this weekend to resume the season after the summer break.

Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Laps: 44
Corners: 19
Lap Record: Sebastian Vettel 1:47.263 (2009)
Tire Compounds: Medium (Option); Hard (Prime)
2012 Winner: Jenson Button (McLaren)
2012 Pole Position: Jenson Button 1:47.573
2012 Fastest Lap: Bruno Senna 1:52.822
DRS Zones: Main Straight (T19 to T1); T4 to T5

Friday – Free Practice 1: 04:00am ET
Friday – Free Practice 2: 08:00am ET (LIVE on NBCSN)
Saturday - Free Practice 3: 05:00am ET
Saturday – Qualifying: 08:00am ET (LIVE on NBC Sports Live Extra)
Sunday – Race: 08:00am ET (LIVE on NBCSN)

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/22/2013-belgian-grand-prix-preview/

1hRJaU6.jpg

Exciting 'qualy' session due to the changing weather conditions, hopefully the race will be as good. Interesting to see comments on some sites accusing Hambone and Mercedes of sandbagging during practice, don't know why that makes any difference. Oh wait, wagering on F1 is popular in Europe, isn't it?

Starting Grid:

Row 1
1. Lewis Hamilton Britain Mercedes-Mercedes
2. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault

Row 2
3. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault
4. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes

Row 3
5. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes
6. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes

Row 4
7. Romain Grosjean France Lotus-Renault
8. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Lotus-Renault

Row 5
9. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari
10. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari

Row 6
11. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Sauber-Ferrari
12. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes

Row 7
13. Sergio Perez Mexico McLaren-Mercedes
14. Giedo van der Garde Holland Caterham-Renault

Row 8
15. Jules Bianchi France Marussia-Cosworth
16. Max Chilton Britain Marussia-Cosworth

Row 9
17. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Renault
18. Jean-Eric Vergne France Toro Rosso-Ferrari

Row 10
19. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Toro Rosso-Ferrari
20. Valtteri Bottas Finland Williams-Renault

Row 11
21. Esteban Gutierrez Mexico Sauber-Ferrari
22. Charles Pic France Caterham-Renault

No grid penalties announced as of time of writing

Cool 8.00am eastern its midnight tonight for me and I work till 10pm.....works or great.

I'm up, I'm up! Out late drinking watching NASCAR last night but I'm up in time for the F1 race. What was up with Kimi's brakes? Those looked healthy.

I was distracted for a bit so not sure what's going on with his brakes.

Shut it off after pit stops ended.. some good passing, just hard to get excited when the leader is so dominant.

Wow, that's one of the most organized protests I've seen. We thought there must've been lots of tifosi down in front or something, since the booing and whistling seemed to occur when Coulthard was getting ready to interview Vettel. Thanks for the link, Kev.

The race behind Vettel wasn't that bad if you don't mind pit/tire strategy, but Seb had the car today, obvious from the first lap as he blew Hambone away going up the hill. We were wondering if Lewis was going to blame the team, then heard the radio transmission that he was getting all he could out of the car and tires. Too bad that rain Buxton could smell didn't materialize and even things out.

Some of those guys sure aren't afraid to dive kamikaze style into the turns and bang carbon fiber. That's what you get when the seats on lower teams go to ride-buyers, instead of guys with legitimate talent. Sounds like Daly and Rossi are working their way up the ladder nicely, hope they get to drive for some good teams when they get to the bigs. There's a big dropoff after the top 5 or 6 constructors. Okay, mostly just Marussia and Caterham.

The two most reliable things about F1 seem to both be on Red Bull: Vettel dominates if he doesn't have a problem, and 'poor old Mark Webber' can't start worth a damn.

I sort of chuckled when Seb zipped past Lewis at the top of the hill right off the start line, wtf was that about.

Anyways the battle for 6-9 and mid teen positions was more exciting than the top 3. Alonso's thumb must be sore from hammering that KERS every chance he had.

PS- Coincidentally, I got a Shell Oil spam email today out of the blues, I have no idea how it ended up on my email since I don't use that address on anything but bank, cell and bills.

Back
Top Bottom