2013 Grand Prix of Bahrain

S

SuperTex14

Is it time for another F1 race already? All righty, then!
Is it hot in Bahrain? It's hot there, isn't it. Lots of 'clag' probably, too.

Track: Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir (5.412km)
Laps: 57
Corners: 15
Lap Record: Michael Schumacher 1:30.252s (2004)
Tire Compounds: Soft (Option); Medium (Hard)
2012 Winner: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2012 Pole Position: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) – 1:32.422s
2012 Fastest Lap: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) – 1:36.379s
DRS Zones: Main straight (T15 to T1); T10 to T11
Friday – Free Practice 1: 10:00am local/03:00am ET
Friday – Free Practice 2: 14:00pm local/07:00am ET
Saturday - Free Practice 3: 11:00am local/04:00pm ET
Saturday – Qualifying: 14:00pm local/07:00am ET
Sunday – Race: 15:00pm local/08:00am ET

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/18/2013-bahrain-grand-prix-preview/related/

Bahrain has a rich racing heritage that precedes the F1 days.

Mohammed no Fungeo pictured. He was the national racing hero until he was killed in a non racing self detonation event.
dn7705-1_250.jpeg

Politics of the place aside, I've always loved the Bahrain circuit. Another Tilke masterpiece.

Politics of the place aside, I've always loved the Bahrain circuit. Another Tilke masterpiece.

True I was just playing around. I Probably should not posted the two above.

I concur, a brilliant combination of skill-demanding turn sections and speed rewarding straights. But for the lack of terrain changes, it's one of the best for showing both teams' and drivers' skills.

While checking out Bahrain on the map, I was surprisd by how close the races are, there with Abu Dahbi, and the same with Malaysia and Singapore. So we shouldn't feel greedy about wanting two races in North America, although one in the northeast might be more fair than Mexico (nearer Austin).

Okay, I know, nobody's excited about Seb winning again, but we did see some interesting strategy. Raikkonen is shaping up to be the man to challenge Red Bull's dominance. I was hoping Di Resta would get on the podium, but they should feel good about their performance this week.

I like the new post race interview format, much more interesting than the old way, with the drivers alone with one interviewer. Having ex-drivers do the asking makes it even better.

Also, I'm going to call that one Williams driver 'boat ass', because boat ass.

Okay, I know, nobody's excited about Seb winning again, but we did see some interesting strategy. Raikkonen is shaping up to be the man to challenge Red Bull's dominance. I was hoping Di Resta would get on the podium, but they should feel good about their performance this week.

I like the new post race interview format, much more interesting than the old way, with the drivers alone with one interviewer. Having ex-drivers do the asking makes it even better.

Also, I'm going to call that one Williams driver 'boat ass', because boat ass.

Ferrari had a terrible miscomming. Lets not 'not' mention the wing that F alonso had go awry. He could have been a closer.

I am really impressed with how well Kimi is driving. It wasn't that long ago that he was exiled to rally cars and was even experimenting with NASCAR Camping World Truck races. Now, he's back in F1 and posting wins and podiums.

I thought it was funny when Alonso's wing was stuck open. Not so funny for Ferrari and their fans. He should of tried driving around like that. Probably pretty fun when you're going straight, though turning would have been a little rough.

I was cheering for Rosberg. I don't know what happened to him. He started on the pole and was irrelevant by the 3rd lap.

Back
Top Bottom