2014 Indycar Detroit Grand Prix - Belle Isle

S

SuperTex14

I might be the only one here, but these ('duals') were good races last year. At least, good for an Indycar temporary street course. Lots of passing, late race drama, Dr. Jerry Punch,...
oh well!
Go A.J.!

If you're watching, check this out, too:
http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

y2UEJBJ.jpg

I'll be watching in about... 30 Dover-sized laps

Nothing is ever Will Power's fault. He always knows nothing about causing pileups or accidentally forcing other cars into the wall. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also, I'm probably going to this race next year. Not my favorite circuit, but some buddies want to go to an IndyCar road race and despite everybody's hopes and dreams, looks like a return to Road America isn't immediate.

Also, I'm probably going to this race next year. Not my favorite circuit, but some buddies want to go to an IndyCar road race and despite everybody's hopes and dreams, looks like a return to Road America isn't immediate.
Mid Ohio, my friend. Very Elkhart Lake.

You're welcome.

I suggested it, but was shot down. Detroit "has more to do".
LOL! Yeah getting mugged is so NOW!

My Porsche racing buddy wants to go to the Vintage Racing Festival at RA in Sept., but I might make a solo trip for the TUDOR weekend in August. Holler if you go too.

LOL! Yeah getting mugged is so NOW!

My Porsche racing buddy wants to go to the Vintage Racing Festival at RA in Sept., but I might make a solo trip for the TUDOR weekend in August. Holler if you go too.
Will do. Been a few years since I went to RA. I think last time I was there was the SCCA National Championships in like 07 or 08.

Damnit! Not Hawksworth! I hate when these young guys I like are running good then get knocked out because of some mechanical issue, so we can watch Helio or Dixon win another race.

Damnit! Not Hawksworth! I hate when these young guys I like are running good then get knocked out because of some mechanical issue, so we can watch Helio or Dixon win another race.
'Hawks' is my guy! (The company I work for owns Castrol, one of his major sponsors)

LOL Jamie Little says "Marco asked for a little turn on the front wing..."
I saw at least 5 on the right, and the guy was trying to reach for one more while Marco left the pits.

Great job Graham. Congrats to Penske and Will Power.
Good race overall.
Another one tomorrow!

good race.
power got steward break on restart block .
good run by rahal .....kanaan too.
tomorrow !

I'm a Power fan but he should've been penalized for blocking. Bummer Graham couldn't win, that was his one chance this year

I 'unliked' that post because I experienced a fried hard drive at work, thanks to their encryption policy.
Hopefully your's isn't as bad.
Life Pro Tip: if you see your files, copy them to another drive firewire, usb NOW

I'm a Power fan but he should've been penalized for blocking. Bummer Graham couldn't win, that was his one chance this year
Looked clean to me. If you're in first place and the guy behind you has a better car, you get 'fat' :) Also, I agree with Kev, Rahal was using his overtakes where they didn't make sense, should've saved them all for the last two laps. He did a good job with the tires.

I was really pulling for Rahal at the end. Oh well. Onto MX and then I'll rap it up with NHRA qualifying yeahhhh

He did a good job with the tires.

I don't know if you can fault Rahal for trying to catch Power, but it definitely looked like to me he wore them out getting around Briscoe and then trying to catch Power. I just hope this is the start of Graham and Rahal Letterman starting to come around and compete for wins.

Although, in the combined USAC/CART/IRL/IndyCar record book, Graham only has 1 fewer wins than Marco, so he can't be doing that bad. :punkrocke

I don't know if you can fault Rahal for trying to catch Power, but it definitely looked like to me he wore them out getting around Briscoe and then trying to catch Power. I just hope this is the start of Graham and Rahal Letterman starting to come around and compete for wins.

Although, in the combined USAC/CART/IRL/IndyCar record book, Graham only has 1 fewer wins than Marco, so he can't be doing that bad. :punkrocke

That's the glass half full mentality of winners.

Takuma Sato set a track record in qualifying this morning to take P1 for Race 2.

Heard RHR crashed AGAIN today. Rough weekend coming off the biggest win of his life 7 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom