2014 IndyCar schedule

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
Formal announcement tonight at 8 PM Eastern on NBCSN during the championship preview show. The compressed season ends Labor Day weekend at Fontana.

March 30 – St. Petersburg

April 13 – Long Beach

April 26 – Barber Park (Saturday)

May 10 – IMS road course (Saturday)

May 17-18 – Indy 500 qualifying.

May 25 – Indianapolis 500

May 31-June 1 – Detroit double-header

June 7 – Texas (Saturday night)

June 28-29 – Houston double-header

July 6 – Pocono

July 12 – Iowa (Saturday night)

July 19-20 – Toronto double-header

August 3 – Mid-Ohio

August 17 – Milwaukee

August 24 – Sonoma

August 30 – Fontana (Saturday night)

http://app.racer.com/mobile/pages/apparticle.aspx?pagetypeid=128&articleid=316700

August 30th finale. Guess they surrendered to the NFL. It's going to suck having to wait 7 whole months in between seasons. Also I am very disappointed with the Indy road course

IndyCar better live up to their promise of new venues in 2015. Miles was on NBCSN and said 2014 is supposed to be a sort of transition year towards growing the calendar again.

IndyCar better live up to their promise of new venues in 2015. Miles was on NBCSN and said 2014 is supposed to be a sort of transition year towards growing the calendar again.
He did an interview with the USA Today and seemed to imply that 2015 is when they will launch the Global Challenge extra series thinger.

I so want to get back into American open wheel racing again... Ugh... The only thing pulling me to watch any of it will be to see how Montoya does.

Ok first off, I have never like the idea of having an Indy road race in the Indy infield in the first place but to add to that, having that & the Indy 500 back to back? What the H3LL is the point in that? And when was the last time an Indy season ended before Labor Day, whatever I guess?

Ok first off, I have never like the idea of having an Indy road race in the Indy infield in the first place but to add to that, having that & the Indy 500 back to back? What the H3LL is the point in that? And when was the last time an Indy season ended before Labor Day, whatever I guess?
They're having it at the beginning of May before all the rookie tests/practice/qualifying/carb day for the 500.

Houston in late June was a massive mistake with heat and humidity.

Houston in late June was a massive mistake with heat and humidity.
Good point, but with them trying to compact the schedule to be done before Labor Day, they don't have many weekends open.

Welcome to the open-wheel forum. Nice user name.

What the hell happened to Brazil?

New mayor, something like that. The streets that the circuit used are being altered. Also, Band TV wasn't committed to covering or promoting the race. Since Indycar had an iron-clad contract with them, there'll be cancellation fees for the series.

Did he forget the 1995 schedule was only 6 months with 17 races?

Those were also great times for open wheel racing. :sarcasm:

IndyCar threw in the towel and shortened their schedule because they don't want to go up against football. That's pretty remarkable. Sad, sorry state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom