2016/17 Fall Winter Weather Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
Fall began 3 day's ago but you couldn't prove it by me. Yesterday's high was 96, today's 92.

Been seasonably cool here. It's currently 55. My girl and I went apple picking yesterday :D

About time for Arkansas's website to start their weekly fall foliage updates. Usually I get two day off in a row each week and typically during Fall, I try to make a trip to Arkansas during their peak week to check out the colors. Always a fun trip.

Severe weather doesn't care what season it is. It's October 3rd and they just did a test of the tornado sirens, probably in preparation for tomorrow's expected severe weather. You're never really out of the woods for severe weather here in Kansas.

I'm not gonna lie, Matthew has me a bit concerned. Looks like models now have it further west now than they did.

Fall is beautiful in upstate NY. This is Chittenango falls in Cazenovia, NY.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1476283489.331052.jpg

Hit a low of 24 this morning. Brrr.

Leaves are changing here fast. Should be at their peak in the next week or so. Almost time to fire up the leaf blower.

Have one more trip scheduled in the RV to Martinsville then it'll be time to winterize. Keeping the heat set @ 40 degrees in there these days to keep the water lines from freezing @ night.

I hate to wish time away but I can't wait for spring.

dpk, you're talking about winter and I'm still waiting for Fall. We've had the occasional dip into the upper 50s at night, but still hitting 90* or better during the day.

Clutch, those pictures are absolutely stunning.

Woke up around 4 am a couple of days ago to a strange noise, damn furnace had kicked in. This is the transition period, not cold enough to fire up the pellet stove but need to knock the chill out. Same as in the spring. Hate gas bills.

dpk, you're talking about winter and I'm still waiting for Fall. We've had the occasional dip into the upper 50s at night, but still hitting 90* or better during the day.
That's basically because our fall is short lived. At our present rate I wouldn't be surprised to see snow flakes in the near future. Now, that does make for a nice soak in the hot tub though. That's the one plus about the colder weather. :D

That's basically because our fall is short lived. At our present rate I wouldn't be surprised to see snow flakes in the near future. Now, that does make for a nice soak in the hot tub though. That's the one plus about the colder weather. :D
Hit 95* on the front porch today --- tomorrow and Wednesday promise more of the same, if not hotter.

7 inches of rain since last week here.

Not mine, saw it on Facebook, but this is an aerial photo of the location. Stunning.

14708054_10208019585947684_1014141028664700142_o.jpg
That it beautiful.reminds me of this place. Smugglers notch in Vermont I believe. Obviously saw it in Instagram
03f39e7f174c0aa3af1e569002313af4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

29° here @ 6 am. 50° is forecast to be the high.

44° out there right now, light breeze and a misting rain. Went over to see if I could help my neighbor, his car won't start,,again. Chilled through and through. Brrrrr
No hat, no gloves, no coat, no sense....:)

It's been a warmer than normal October, so go figure...the weather channel made a new prediction for November that says it'll be a warmer November than normal. It almost seems like technology is getting worse when it comes to whether predictions. They are wrong more often than not over the last few years.

We're 9 degrees above normal every day. High 80s.

It actually RAINED here today. 1.25" in the previously shriveled-up, dry rain gauge.
And, COOLER --- only 68* on the front porch.

*happy dance*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom