2016 AAA Texas 500 --- Pre-Race Thread

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.jpg

NASCAR returns to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. :) As usual, here's a map of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.

Event Schedule times are listed in Central Standard Time:
Thursday, November 3
10:00 AM NCWTS HAULERS ENTER
11:00 AM 5:00 PM NCWTS REGISTRATION OPEN
11:30 AM 6:30 PM NCWTS GARAGE OPEN
1:00 PM NCWTS ROOKIE MEETING, SPOTTER MEETING, & RANDOM DRAWING
2:30 PM 3:25 PM NCWTS 1ST PRACTICE
3:30 PM NXS HAULERS ENTER

4:30 PM 5:25 PM NCWTS FINAL PRACTICE
6:00 PM NSCS HAULERS ENTER

Friday, November 4
8:30 AM-7:30 PM NSCS GARAGE OPEN
10:00 AM-7:00 PM NXS REGISTRATION OPEN
10:30 AM-9:00 PM NXS GARAGE OPEN
10:30 AM 7:00 PM NCWTS REGISTRATION OPEN
10:30 AM NCWTS GARAGE OPENS
10:30 AM 5:30 PM NCWTS Minors Permitted in the Garage Area*

11:30 AM-12:55 PM NSCS 1ST PRACTICE
12:30 PM NXS ROOKIE MEETING, SPOTTER MEETING, & RANDOM DRAWING
1:30 PM-2:25 PM NXS 1ST PRACTICE
2:45 PM (3:45 PM) NCWTS QUALIFYING (SINGLE VEHICLE / TWO ROUNDS)

4:00 PM-5:25 PM NXS FINAL PRACTICE
5:30 PM NCWTS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING (VICTORY THEATER)
5:45 PM (6:45 PM/ET) NSCS QUALIFYING (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)
7:10 PM NCWTS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
7:30 PM 8:30 PM NCWTS RACE (147 LAPS, 220.5 MILES)

Saturday, November 5
7:30 AM-2:30 PM NXS REGISTRATION OPEN
7:30 AM NXS GARAGE OPENS

7:30 AM-4:00 PM NSCS GARAGE OPEN
9:30 AM-10:25 AM NSCS 2ND PRACTICE
10:45 AM (11:45 AM/ET) NXS QUALIFYING (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)
12:15 PM NXS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING (VICTORY THEATER)

12:30 PM-1:20 PM NSCS FINAL PRACTICE
1:35 PM NXS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
2:00 PM (3:00 PM/ET) NXS RACE (200 LAPS, 300 MILES))(NBC / PRN / SiriusXM NASCAR)

Sunday, November 6
7:00 AM NSCS GARAGE OPENS
11:00 AM NSCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING
12:20 PM NSCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
1:00 PM (2:00 PM/ET) NSCS RACE (334 LAPS, 501 MILES)

NSCS = NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
NXS = XFINITY Series
NCWTS = NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All event schedule times above are listed in LOCAL track time (Central Standard).

TIRE CODES

• Tire: Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials
    • Set limits:
      Sprint Cup: 5 sets for practice/qualifying and 12 sets for the race
    • Tire Codes:
      Left-side -- D-4684 Right-side -- D-4686
    • Tire Circumference:
      Left-side -- 87.24 in. (2,216 mm)
      Right-side -- 88.35 in. (2,244 mm)
    • Minimum Recommended Inflation (Sprint Cup):
      Left Front -- 19 psi Left Rear -- 19 psi
      Right Front -- 53 psi Right Rear -- 49 psi
    • Notes: Teams in all three NASCAR series will run the same tire set-up at Texas this week . . . teams in all of these series have also run this same tire set-up at Chicagoland earlier this season, and will run it again at Homestead in two weeks . . . in both Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck, this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires they ran at Texas earlier this season . . . this right-side tire code (D-4686) employs Goodyear's multi-zone tread technology, which combines two distinct tread compounds on the same tire -- the outboard 10 inches of the tread (Traction Zone) features a compound that is designed for grip, while the inboard two inches of the tread (Endurance Zone) is toughened to enhance durability on the part of the tire sees the most heat and takes the most abuse . . . as on all NASCAR ovals greater than one mile in length, teams are required to run inner liners in all four tire positions at Texas . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

Jayski ... thanks

There are four days until the Cup race here in Texas, and only five posts in this thread so far. Doesn't seem like many people are excited about this race.

------------------------------------
Since I've got a feeling NBC will showcase the skyline of a rival city this weekend, here's a neat picture of the Fort Worth skyline:

Downtown-Fort-Worth.png

Source: Fort Worth Elec dot com

Oops, I made a mistake regarding scheduled times in my first post. Since the time change is before the race on Sunday, I listed scheduled times as "central standard" without taking into account that everything before Sunday is still "central daylight" time. My bad.

I'm excited for footage of the Houston skyline

hopes for a fun race. I have always loved texas, it looks so easy but then its so hard

Oops, I made a mistake regarding scheduled times in my first post. Since the time change is before the race on Sunday, I listed scheduled times as "central standard" without taking into account that everything before Sunday is still "central daylight" time. My bad.

Thank you for posting the schedule, I'm in California so the race should start at 11am. :)

I wonder if they give Tony ponies this weekend? Other than that, there's not a thing that I find exciting about going to Texas this time of the year.

Wonder if the trailer Gossage staged for a unique photo opportunity a few weeks ago is still there.

I wonder if they give Tony ponies this weekend? Other than that, there's not a thing that I find exciting about going to Texas this time of the year.
This time of year? It's a bit late in the season, but the fall migratory bird watching is magnificent along the Gulf coast.

But DalWorth? Not any time of year.

Or the Concord skyline when the race is held in Charlotte.

Or the Kansas City, Kansas skyline instead of the Kansas City, Missouri one.

Or the Darlington skyline when ... nah, forget it. That one doesn't work.

did a Google search for "Darlington, South Carolina skyline" and came up with this . . .

raceway-grill.jpg

Wonder if my osprey are vacationin' down there somewhere.
Oh well. The cormorants are back. They're just as goofy.
Yeah, the corms started showing up here a couple of weeks ago. I expect mergansers in a few weeks. The gulls that winter in the K-mart lot shouldn't be too long now either.

We also get a few hundred vultures that spend the winter on one of the cell phone towers. It has horizontal cross members so they make good perches. Right beside a car wash, too :D

So, I see Sprint Cup Qualifying is on NBC Sports App at 6:30. No TV for Cup Qualifying? Ain't that swell.. :mad:

So, I see Sprint Cup Qualifying is on NBC Sports App at 6:30. No TV for Cup Qualifying? Ain't that swell.. :mad:
Beats having the race itself tape delayed and edited to fit the 90 minutes of 'ABC's Wide World of Sports'.

Not very exciting after you know the lineup. 10:30 is a bit late too.
So avoid whatever it is you usually use to view the lineup for 4.5 hours. If 10:30 is too late, DVR it and watch it first thing tomorrow morning; there's no way you'll learn who's on the pole when you're asleep.

I must be the only one who doesn't have problems avoiding qualifying and even race results for up to a day. Stay away from the racing web sites and those few sports shows that bother to acknowledge NASCAR. Ignore your social feeds for a while. It's not that hard. But maybe I'm missing the complications; somebody explain them to me, please.

Back
Top Bottom