2016 Austrian Grand Prix = Red Bull Ring

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
Time for the European stretch of the season. One of my tracks on the calendar. Nico will be going for 3 straight in Austria. Such be a good race.
Go Nico, Riccardo, and Ferrari !!!!!!
SPG10105072_150703_Luftbild_RBR2_1_.jpg

I'm sorry, if you call your track a ring it should be an oval. Just my opinion

Did anyone watch quali?? Most fun Q3 that I can remember.

It was fun and unexpected. In more than one way.

Spoiler....

Hamilton had said he was crap throughout the practices but he found speed at the end. I thought Nico had the field covered. He was fastest by a good margin in each of the first two sections.

But I read the other day that he would have to start at the rear because he had made too many engine changes already but they didn't mention it on the qual broadcast. I must have misread that article.

Yeah I watched. Glad to see Hulk up there in the grid to mix things up!

Button too!

It was fun and unexpected. In more than one way.

Spoiler....

Hamilton had said he was crap throughout the practices but he found speed at the end. I thought Nico had the field covered. He was fastest by a good margin in each of the first two sections.

But I read the other day that he would have to start at the rear because he had made too many engine changes already but they didn't mention it on the qual broadcast. I must have misread that article.

He has a 5 spot grid penalty I think.

He has a 5 spot grid penalty I think.

I meant Hamilton. Read that link I posted.

Here's a little bit of what's in there..

"We are putting in the last new engine this weekend and so at least one race I will start last and will need a sixth and even a seventh engine," he said.

I don't know what he means by starting last in at least one race.

"We are putting in the last new engine this weekend and so at least one race I will start last and will need a sixth and even a seventh engine," he said.

The penalty for using a sixth or seventh power unit during the year.

Hulk and Button 2nd and 3rd on the grid, Rosberg and Vettel having to work their way up to the front. Should be a fun one.

Like Dun posted, he is saying grid penalties are inevitable later this year. But he doesn't have a grid penalty at this Austrian race. Rosberg has a 5-place grid penalty this week from changing the gearbox after his shunt in FP3, IIRC.

Q3 was fun, as changing weather always is.

WOW. That 1.5 second difference may have cost Lewis right there. He'll be driving possessed.

Hamilton had new tires but they put older tires on it? Is like they don't want to win.

Shouldn't have pitted to begin with.

Struggled getting around Verstappen for too long. I really don't understand the soft tire decision for such a short stint to end the race.

**** YES!

Rosberg is a ******** hack. He almost pulled another Spain stunt.

Again, I have no idea how these guys are actually going to remain teammates for several more years. The contracts are in place but I just can't see it. They'll kill each other well before then.

Personally I would have done the same as Nico, I'm not letting anyone get by me, just didn't work out this time

Pascal is a solid driver.

I would like to see him in a better seat. If Mercedes would give a discount, sign him to Williams. As much as I love me some Massa, it's time for him to let go of F1 and get into sportscars.
Pascal is talented for sure. I'm curious as to what Mercedes' plan for him is. I don't really see Force India changing lineups anytime soon so I agree that Massa's spot is probably the best place for him.

Things might just get worse for Nico.

Imo, another dumb intervention by F1. Guy is trying to limp into a finish. Seems to me that's penalty enough.
Yeah, like the guy is supposed to pull off the track with half a lap left. :rolleyes: He did well enough of a job of crawling around safely and getting back to the line. F1 will look like blockheads if they punish that.

Pascal is talented for sure. I'm curious as to what Mercedes' plan for him is. I don't really see Force India changing lineups anytime soon so I agree that Massa's spot is probably the best place for him.

I think letting go of Bottas and Massa would be a good thing.

Don't forget about Lynn who is in GP2, he has to get his superlicense first though.

Also, Laura said Nico had a brake problem.

I don't know if they told Nico or what, but damn he could have just let Lewis go by instead of costing the team constructors points.

I don't know man, Mercedes is so dysfuntional and still so dominant.

Also, Laura said Nico had a brake problem.

I don't know if they told Nico or what, but damn he could have just let Lewis go by instead of costing the team constructors points.

I don't know man, Mercedes is so dysfuntional and still so dominant.
The team is not allowed to tell the drivers if there is a problem with the car.

Back
Top Bottom