2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Get That 88 Up There !!

Love United Hate Glazer
monaco-1431969697-2370203.jpg
Time for the greatest racing weekend of all !!!
To start off Super Sunday is Monaco. Can Nico win his 4th straight in Monaco, or will Hamilton get his 1st win of the season? We will find out Sunday.
Go Nico, Riccardo and Ferrari !!!

I recall a year where the cars could barely make that corner (I assume the corner had a different configuration at that time and the cars probably were bigger that year). One car didn't make the corner and blocked the track.

As a motor race, this circuit has been incapable of producing a good race in dry conditions for at least 40 tears. So I'm hoping for rain, and plenty of it.

As a motor race, this circuit has been incapable of producing a good race in dry conditions for at least 40 tears. So I'm hoping for rain, and plenty of it.
I wouldn't expect more than a dozen or so passes if it goes dry as usual, but as far as difficulty goes not much compares to this circuit. I think it was Nelson Piquet who said it was like riding a bike around your living room. There's no margin for error so I find it amazing watching those guys race around there at those speeds.

Who knows, maybe the debut of the ultrasoft tire will make Sunday's "show" a bit more interesting.

For sure Monaco is difficult, especially in qualifying (where every 0.01 counts) and in the rare overtaking moves. IMO, not a good race in the dry as overtaking is nearly impossible.. a significantly slower car still cannot be passed unless a driver blunder, etc. Monaco is pretty and exotic, and for sure history and tradition count, but all that does not make a good motor race (IMO). Hence I hope for rain.

I've never been a fan of street courses because the racing isn't very good (hard to pass). But I watch this one because it is the beginning of a day of racing and Monaco has some interesting scenery. I've liked the tunnel since I saw the movie Grand Prix.

Hey what do you know, Hamilton has car problems coming out of the pits again.

Salvaged a third place qual though.

There is a chance of rain tomorrow.

At least that's what I heard during the broadcast. If so, hang on gentlemen.

So what are the chances Riciardo actually holds off either Rosberg and Hamilton?

So what are the chances Riciardo actually holds off either Rosberg and Hamilton?
Pretty fair I think. Unless he really ****s up the start, or Red Bull screw up the strategy again. Even in the rain I think he has a very good shot as Red Bull always have a great chassis. He and Magnussen got the new Renault power unit upgrade this weekend and so far it's paying off.

Pretty fair I think. Unless he really ****s up the start, or Red Bull screw up the strategy again. Even in the rain I think he has a very good shot as Red Bull always have a great chassis. He and Magnussen got the new Renault power unit upgrade this weekend and so far it's paying off.

I feel awful for KMag.

Only if Renault had more funding... Also, Riccardo will be on supersofts. It will be interesting to see just how fast those ultrasofts fall off tomorrow. I think Riccardo should win and he has the pace no doubt in pocket for Merc and Ferrari.

The first corner and start is the most important thing at Monaco.

I really hope Ricciardo can pull it off tomorrow, would be nice to see a team challenge Mercedes, especially since my boy Lewis has turned into Kyle Larson

Interesting that not much has been made of boy wonder's crash in qualifying. If it were Kvyat Red Bull probably would've demoted him to GP2 for the next weekend.

Over the past thirty-five years, overtaking at Monaco doubles when a wet race (20.6 passes/race) compared to a dry race (10.3 passes/race). Five of the top ten Monaco GPs in terms of overtaking were run in wet or varied conditions.

Race control has **** blocked us. Yawnnnnnnnnn

Rosberg running some hot trash laps out there. Pull over dude.

Pull over call was given too ****** late. Ricciardo is gone.

But Hamilton is slow as hell so no real loss it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom