2017 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
EVENT SCHEDULE
Event Schedule times are local to the track

Thursday, August 17
10:00 PM 11:55 PM MENCS HAULERS ENTER (EQUIPMENT UNLOAD)

Friday, August 18
7:30 AM- 7:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
10:00 AM-11:25 AM MENCS 1ST PRACTICE
12:30 PM-1:55 PM MENCS FINAL PRACTICE
5:45 PM MENCS QUALIFYING (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)

Saturday, August 19
11:00 AM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
5:30 PM DRIVER/CREW CHIEF MEETING
6:50 PM DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
7:30 PM RACE (500 LAPS, 266.5 MILES)

MENCS = Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Why not the Bass Pro Shops Night Race
? Last part of sponsor is and will always be in my view not an acceptable sponsor

NRA and NASCAR are perfect for one another. Many fans are probably NRA members.
And there are fans who think its a disgraceful organization and that there should be no political sponsorships in racing. Bass Pro is fine no idea why they feel the need to add the NRA into it. Please see previous posts in the podium for kkfan91s view of the NRA.

Well, you know what they say about opinions...
That others are like a**hole but the world be better off if it shut up and listened to me?

Jr is running Ducks Unlimited sponsorship among others this weekend. Back in my younger days I did a lot in DU, I helped put in a wetlands that over the years has provided really great habitat for waterfowl. We almost lost the ducks in the 80's we owe a lot to DU and the hunters who supported it with dues and work in the fields.

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series drivers and teams all head to Bristol Motor Speedway for racing under the lights. Check out the full weekend schedule below.

Monster Energy Series and XFINITY Series events are also live streamed online on the NBC Sports App, which can be accessed here. Events that are only available on NBC Sports App are noted below.

Note: All times are ET

WEDNESDAY, August 16
9:00-9:55 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
11:00-11:55 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
4:35 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS2 (Follow live)
8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 200 (200 laps, 106.6 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

THURSDAY, August 17
1:00-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
3:00-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
2:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series

FRIDAY, August 18
10:00-11:25 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
12:30-1:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, NBCSN (Follow live)
3:40 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live)
5:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN (Follow live)
7:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Food City 300 (300 laps, 159.9 miles), NBCSN (Follow live)

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
Noon: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

SATURDAY, August 19
7:30 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race (500 laps, 266.5 miles), NBC (Follow live)

Jr is running Ducks Unlimited sponsorship among others this weekend. Back in my younger days I did a lot in DU, I helped put in a wetlands that over the years has provided really great habitat for waterfowl. We almost lost the ducks in the 80's we owe a lot to DU and the hunters who supported it with dues and work in the fields.

Back in my time wetlands were called swamps.

TIRE CODES

Tire:
Goodyear Eagle Speedway Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 4 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying/start of race and 7 sets for the race
Xfinity: 6 sets for the event
Truck: 5 sets for the event

Tire Codes:
Left-side -- D-4416 Right-side -- D-4526

Tire Circumference:
Left-side -- 87.64 in. (2,226 mm) Right-side -- 88.43 in. (2,246 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 20 psi Left Rear -- 18 psi
Right Front -- 43 psi Right Rear -- 40 psi

Storyline - Short Track that Races Like a Speedway: While Bristol Motor Speedway is considered a short track at just more than a half-mile in length, it truly falls more into the speedway category of tracks. With its steep banking, the loads and speeds generated at Bristol are closer to those of much bigger tracks. Because of that, the construction of Goodyear's left- and right-side tires are built to handle those loads and speeds, as well as optimizing handling. The other challenge at Bristol is the concrete surface. The tire set-up, and specifically the compounds for Bristol, match up well with the track surface and lay down rubber quickly, leading to the development of multiple racing grooves and competitive, side-by-side racing.

"Bristol provides several challenges when designing and building a tire set-up," said Greg Stucker, Goodyear's director of racing. "It's important to rubber-in the concrete surface, and the compounds we run do that both quickly and to the proper degree. Bristol is also very much like a speedway in that the high banks generate a lot of speed and a high amount of loading. The tire set-up that we bring takes that into account while enhancing the stability and handling of the cars through the corners."

Notes: Teams in all three NASCAR national series will run the same Goodyear tire set-up at Bristol this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires that NASCAR teams have run at Bristol since August 2014 . . . Bristol is the only track at which NASCAR teams are scheduled to run either of these two tire codes . . . unlike on most NASCAR ovals one mile or less in length, on which teams generally do not run inner liners in their tires, teams are required to run liners in their right-side tires only at Bristol . . . air pressure in those inner liners should be 12-25 psi greater than that of the outer tire.

I ******* love this track. Especially now days. It's so much better to see actual racing than just shoving eachother up the hill. I'm seriously tempted to just dip out and drive 2700 miles to this race some day.
2700 miles? :eek:

I don't know where you're coming from but that's a helluva long way to drive to devote to a single race. Even Bristol.

DHSOcraWsAEXtQ6.jpg:large

2700 miles? :eek:

I don't know where you're coming from but that's a helluva long way to drive to devote to a single race. Even Bristol.

I just looked. It's 2300 and change lol.

Really kicking myself for not hitting Bristol, Martinville, and Darlington when I lived within a few hours of each.

Last edited:
Its Bristol Baby, I love the night race at Bristol, oh yeah.

I love this race. So excited I can't breathe. Pretty sure we are bringing the blowers back. Toyota 1-2-3-4-5-6! Let's Go Places.

Back
Top Bottom