2017 Bristol - Food City 500 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
NASCAR takes a week off next weekend, but then heads to Bristol Motor Speedway for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and the NASCAR XFINITY Series the following weekend.

Note: All times are ET

FRIDAY, APRIL 21:
ON TRACK
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1
-- 1-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FS1
-- 3:30-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FS1
-- 4:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 11 a.m.: Monster Energy Series
-- 3 p.m.: XFINITY Series

SATURDAY, APRIL 22:
ON TRACK
-- 8:30-9:25 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1
-- 9:35 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1
-- 11-11:55 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1
-- 1 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Fitzgerald Glider Kits 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), FOX

SUNDAY, APRIL 23:

ON TRACK
-- 2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Food City 500 (500 laps, 266.5 miles), FOX

On this day 29 years ago, Bill Elliott wins at Bristol
Elliot_88VL-Valleydale-Meats-lg.jpg

A handful of laps left. Elliott was leadin’ the elder Bodine. Only a couple three on the lead lap.

Bodine dumped him instead of movin’ him but there was little to no damage to Elliott. Under caution he stops for four. Bodine goes from predator to prey just that quick.

As much as we wanted to see Elliott wreck ‘im he didn’t. Just went around him ‘n drove off.

A handful of laps left. Elliott was leadin’ the elder Bodine. Only a couple three on the lead lap.

Bodine dumped him instead of movin’ him but there was little to no damage to Elliott. Under caution he stops for four. Bodine goes from predator to prey just that quick.

As much as we wanted to see Elliott wreck ‘im he didn’t. Just went around him ‘n drove off.

If memory serves that was Bill's only win at Bristol and I am glad he got it.

Yeah, if the sport isn't worth your time to watch, then I don't hardly see how logging onto a message board dedicated to said sport just to notify everyone that you no longer care and aren't watching is...

Seems futile.

The only time he won there I believe, Bill didn't get many wins on short tracks.
I remember how big a deal that was. It was like a monkey off the back moment.
Looked at the stats and that would be Bills only short track win.

Well if we're being technical, I guess telling us all over and over and...over that you're no longer watching the sport is topic related.

That's the way Bill was, later that year he could have moved Dale and won the night race but Bill didn't race that way.

That's the way Bill was, later that year he could have moved Dale and won the night race but Bill didn't race that way.
Dale #3 had a good line when describing a pass by Bill at Atlanta.
"He flew by me with his arm resting over on the headrest."

IMG_0838.JPG
In my lifetime the King of Bristol is Rusty. I know DW won many races there but I don't remember much of him winning at the track.

Back
Top Bottom