2017 K & N East

I'm watching. Not much of a short track fan but it's racing. New Smynra is an alright track though.

It was an ok race. Some beating and banging but just not enough speed to really thrill me. Like I said thats a good track and has some banking, I hate a flat track. The way these forums are with the short track love you'd think that this series would get some attention but I guess not.

It was an ok race. Some beating and banging but just not enough speed to really thrill me. Like I said thats a good track and has some banking, I hate a flat track. The way these forums are with the short track love you'd think that this series would get some attention but I guess not.
It's the equivalent of watching high school sports - for me anyways. Zero interest.

Has anyone been to the Greenville Pickens track? If so, is there trackside parking on the fence?

Glad I scratched Greenville. Balcaen was not on the entry list.

As of now, I'm going to the K&N races at Langley (September 2nd), New Jersey (September 16th) and Dover (September 29th).

Jazzed, especially about New Jersey. I love that racetrack.

knstart.jpg

Holy crap, what has happened the the East series this year?
The past couple of years the series was so solid, with good and very quality fields...
They always had a bit less than ARCA, but all of the K&N cars were competitive, no junk cars like ARCA. They have had 15 a few times lately, and now 14 at Langley... very sad.
I think there were 17 on the entry list, with a few TBAs... The rainout probably didn't help, but even 17 is pretty poor...
Lately 15 is the standard for the east series...
West series had some poor fields early last year, seems like it recovered, and now the east series has problems..
NASCARs regional touring series have some problems..
The Canadian Series has been having a lot of 15-17 car fields, with a rare 14 car field at some events.
Southern modifieds were getting 12 to 14 cars last year and the axed it.
The north Modified tour seems to be the only one of their series to always get more than 20 cars at every race. That series charges very high ticket prices (like $40 or so) and manages to pack the stands, very healthy series)
Not sure what the solution is for K&N Pro Series and the Canadian Series, but I hate seeing these great series getting such poor fields lately...

Can't go tomorrow I take it?
No between my wife being in the hospital, my brother having a graduation party and having to work it doesn't work out at all. I've actually gone to more races then I thought this year, since I got free tickets to the Xfinity race in Dover and went to the Cup race. Also a chance I might make it to Homestead. I really do want to attend more local area tracks in the future when life wants to agree with that.

No between my wife being in the hospital, my brother having a graduation party and having to work it doesn't work out at all. I've actually gone to more races then I thought this year, since I got free tickets to the Xfinity race in Dover and went to the Cup race. Also a chance I might make it to Homestead. I really do want to attend more local area tracks in the future when life wants to agree with that.

K&N Championship Race is at Dover the day before XFINITY. I'm planning on being there for NASCAR.

@AndyMarquisLive
How was the crowd at NJMP?
The last couple of ARCA races I went to there (including the final NJ ARCA race) had some pretty pathetic crowds...
I hate to see that, its a great track.
I wish the car counts would get a little better for K&N, 15 cars, especially at a big road course is a little rough....
I ended up going to the Whelen Modified Tour race at Riverhead instead.
I hope NJMP keeps getting a big show like this every year, really nice place.

Back
Top Bottom