2017 MotoGP season

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
This year's GP motocycle racing season is gonna start in less than 10 minutes.
Grid Positions will be decided by the practice results because the qualifying was cancelled due to rain.

I guess the battle for the title in the big class will be Marquez vs. Vinales.

I guess the battle for the title in the big class will be Marquez vs. Vinales.
I hope things are not quite as simple as that, although MM93 and MV25 did look strongest in winter testing.

Once they finally got the MotoGP race started, it did not disappoint. What a great race, a real dogfight to the very end. Quite the opposite of the F1 snoozer. MotoGP is consistently the best motor racing on the planet. I haven't watched Moto3 and Moto2 yet, but will do this week.

I hope things are not quite as simple as that, although MM93 and MV25 did look strongest in winter testing.

Once they finally got the MotoGP race started, it did not disappoint. What a great race, a real dogfight to the very end. Quite the opposite of the F1 snoozer. MotoGP is consistently the best motor racing on the planet. I haven't watched Moto3 and Moto2 yet, but will do this week.

It was a great race !!! nothing else like it on the planet

Felt bad for Zarco yesterday. Led the first laps in his first ever MotoGP race and then crashed out while still leading the race.

Marquez didn't look really strong at Qatar but he normally is really strong at Termas de Rio Hondo and COTA.
I attended the Sachsenring race last year and saw all the races live. Really great to watch!

^ Yeah, Zarco was a shocker. He gave that Tech 3 bike a hell of a ride. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Can't wait for the Argentine round. Rio Hondo is one of the most fabulous circuits for MotoGP anywhere. It was a bit of a political boondoggle to get the circuit built there, and its very time consuming to get there and then to get out again. But it is worth it, the racing on that track is scintillating stuff.

Vinale's is the real deal ......... so sad to see Lorenzo on a Ducati
Marquez pulled off a rookie move

It's hard to blame Ducati fot Lorenzo's performance, IMO. Congrats to Vinales, and to Rossi. Boo to Crutchlow for his post race comments (typical Crutchlow stuff putting down those who beat him) but a good ride to the podium.

It's hard to blame Ducati fot Lorenzo's performance, IMO. Congrats to Vinales, and to Rossi. Boo to Crutchlow for his post race comments (typical Crutchlow stuff putting down those who beat him) but a good ride to the podium.

When a world class rider is reduced to a back marker, I tend to blame equipment ....... perhaps it will get better

When a world class rider is reduced to a back marker, I tend to blame equipment ....... perhaps it will get better
When a rider is getting whipped by his teammate, and through a long career that teammate has shown he is good-but-not-great as Dovi has done, I tend to think the equipment is not the reason. Dovi is fast on the Ducati. Iannone was even faster. Lorenzo needs to step it up, IMO.

When a rider is getting whipped by his teammate, and through a long career that teammate has shown he is good-but-not-great as Dovi has done, I tend to think the equipment is not the reason. Dovi is fast on the Ducati. Iannone was even faster. Lorenzo needs to step it up, IMO.

I agree that he has yet to adapt but I am not expecting any race wins this year. Nobody could ride one like Stoner though

What a race! Everything was great today:)!
Great to see Pedrosa winning!
Great to see Marquez closing the gap in the championship!
Great to see Lorenzo back on the podium!
Great to see The Doctor struggling:rolleyes:!

Wow. Who would have thought Dovi and Ducati would do the deed two weeks in a row. Fabulous for us Ducatisti. Moto3 was typically crazy too. Moto2 comes next for me... yes I am out of the proper order thanks to my DVR.

DOVI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frikken awesome ride today ......... not a bad day for Jorge either.

Wow. Who would have thought Dovi and Ducati would do the deed two weeks in a row. Fabulous for us Ducatisti. Moto3 was typically crazy too. Moto2 comes next for me... yes I am out of the proper order thanks to my DVR.

Race had me on the edge of my seat from the lights to the checker !!! amazing stuff from those guys
A crowd of 100 thousand ......... no stages, no gimmicks needed ......... just plain old hard racing that stands on its own 2 feet and puts assses in seats

OMG. The Doctor. Magnificent Dutch TT with high drama from green to checkers. And the championship, essentially nothing between the top four. This is the greatest racing on the planet, year after year. Nothing else is even close.

ROSSI !!!!!!!!
what a magnificent race they gave us today !!!! 105 thousand fans got their moneys worth

OMG. The Doctor. Magnificent Dutch TT with high drama from green to checkers. And the championship, essentially nothing between the top four. This is the greatest racing on the planet, year after year. Nothing else is even close.

Yep ........ it don't get any better

Congrats to Dovi and Ducati !!!! a great win in Austria on a soft rear ...................................... tire management at its finest

Wait, a Ducati actually won? :eek:

Yes ..... 3 times this year !!! That Dovi can make a soft rear work for the whole race and have enough at the end to pull off some crazy stuff !! 2nd place today had on a hard rear. Lorenzo led for a while and ended up 4th I believe

Who've y'all got for tomorrow, guys?

Marquez is on pole, but Silverstone is not a track he really dominates at.

Gonna be the optimist and say that Vinales comes back at the site of his first MotoGP victory and wins it again. :)

Truly amazing. Dude, I think it has been a decade since a Ducati was at the top of the standings! Furthermore, Lorenzo is still being bested by Dovi. Incredible.

Vinales was second, so I was close. :smile:

Truly amazing. Dude, I think it has been a decade since a Ducati was at the top of the standings! Furthermore, Lorenzo is still being bested by Dovi. Incredible.

Vinales was second, so I was close. :smile:

Lorenzo is having a tough time adapting but I firmly believe that he will .... he has been showing improvement. Dovi has just flat been magnificent as of late ... very skilled at tire management and super smooth and calculated. I love to see the effects of the tire choices made by the riders and how they play out over the course of the race.
I haven't had time to watch all three series lately due to the bicycle grand tours ........ the racing in all three is fabulous though

Uh oh, it looks like Valentino Rossi is out of the championship picture for this year...

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi has been hospitalised after an endurance motocross accident, with reports coming out of Italy suggesting he has broken his right leg.

Italian media report that Rossi sustained the injury to both the tibia and fibula of the leg that he previously broke in his high-speed practice crash at Mugello in 2010.

That crash – which caused a displaced compound fracture to his tibia – put him out of the sport for 41 days.

Rossi is currently in Urbino Hospital, and is planned to have surgery on Friday. It is understood that he was riding an enduro bike on a downhill section when the accident occurred.

Rossi’s father Graziano told ANSA: “Valentino is not optimistic. They fear there is a fracture. To do the radiograph they had to cut the boot, and Valentino told me he feels very bad.”

The 38-year-old, nine-time world champion is currently fourth in the MotoGP standings, having recently finished third at Silverstone.

His Yamaha team issued the following statement: “Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team rider Valentino Rossi was involved in an enduro accident, during a training activity close to his hometown, on Thursday, August 31st.

“The 38-year-old Italian rider was taken to the 'Ospedale Civile di Urbino' for a check-up. A further medical bulletin will be issued in due course.”

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-hospitalised-after-motocross-crash-947520/

Holy ____! Poor Valentino. Not something you expect to see. Hopefully, he gets to come back soon. It's interesting that he has almost managed to go through most of his career - over two decades - largely unscathed, while some of these younger guys with shorter careers have had so many injuries (looking at you, Dani Pedrosa).

Rossi has had injuries. It is beyond argument that the 2010 broken leg and shoulder injury cost him the title. But yes, he has survived better than most, and better than any who were consistent winners.

Old Lorenzo ended up taking that title. ;) Yeah, if anybody had to choose, Rossi is the better rider between himself and Jorge Lorenzo.

The 2010 injury is the only one that springs to my mind. He has been pretty healthy prior to this year.

Uh oh, it looks like Valentino Rossi is out of the championship picture for this year...

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi has been hospitalised after an endurance motocross accident, with reports coming out of Italy suggesting he has broken his right leg.

Italian media report that Rossi sustained the injury to both the tibia and fibula of the leg that he previously broke in his high-speed practice crash at Mugello in 2010.

That crash – which caused a displaced compound fracture to his tibia – put him out of the sport for 41 days.

Rossi is currently in Urbino Hospital, and is planned to have surgery on Friday. It is understood that he was riding an enduro bike on a downhill section when the accident occurred.

Rossi’s father Graziano told ANSA: “Valentino is not optimistic. They fear there is a fracture. To do the radiograph they had to cut the boot, and Valentino told me he feels very bad.”

The 38-year-old, nine-time world champion is currently fourth in the MotoGP standings, having recently finished third at Silverstone.

His Yamaha team issued the following statement: “Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team rider Valentino Rossi was involved in an enduro accident, during a training activity close to his hometown, on Thursday, August 31st.

“The 38-year-old Italian rider was taken to the 'Ospedale Civile di Urbino' for a check-up. A further medical bulletin will be issued in due course.”

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-hospitalised-after-motocross-crash-947520/

That really sucks :(

Back
Top Bottom