2017 Richmond - Toyota Owners 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
NASCAR heads to Richmond International Raceway for Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series events.
Note: All times are ET

FRIDAY, APRIL 28:
ON TRACK
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 3-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 11 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
-- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series

SATURDAY, APRIL 29:
ON TRACK
-- 9-9:55 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 10:05 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 11:30 a.m.-12:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series ToyotaCare 250 (250 laps, 187.5 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

SUNDAY, APRIL 30:
ON TRACK
-- 2 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Toyota Owners 400 (400 laps, 300 miles), FOX (Follow live)

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:

Monday, May 1 at 6:30am/et on FS1;
Monday, May 1 at 9:30am/et on FS2;
Monday, May 1 at 7:00pm/et on FS1;

Gonna apologize in advance for my home track’s cruddy race day temperature.

Decided that from now to the end of the season, each week I would post one of my favorite Jr memories. These memories will be 2006 and on because I remember very little NASCAR-wise before that.

The first memory is the 2006 Crown Royal 400, the first race I remember watching Jr win.

Obligatory complaint about moving this race from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon.

Mind you, I prefer it on Sunday, and I don't have much hope for this pre-emptive strike, but I'm launching anyway.
I have never been to a Richmond race, but I love any race on a nice cool night under the lights.

Reactions: sdj
You may find yourself very disappointed this week.

The green flag for this Saturday night race is Sunday afternoon @ 2:14pm.
It looks like it is going to be around 89 degrees with 67 humidity there on Sun afternoon. I think it is going to be about the same weather at our race in Charlotte Sun.

Just realized the race is on Sunday... I'm moving on Sunday. Son of a b.

What a difference this Sunday's weather is to when I went 2 years ago. It was 45 degrees then, 90 this weekend.

TIRE CODES

Tire: Goodyear Eagle Intermediate Radials

Set limits:
Cup: 4 sets for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 9 sets for the race
Xfinity: 6 sets for the event

Tire Codes:
Left-side -- D-4674 Right-side -- D-4676

Tire Circumference:
Left-side -- 87.20 in. (2,215 mm)
Right-side -- 88.27 in. (2,242 mm)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 12 psi Left Rear -- 12 psi
Right Front -- 30 psi Right Rear -- 27 psi

Storyline - Laying Rubber the Goal at Richmond: Richmond has quietly become one of the more high tire wear tracks on the NASCAR circuit. With that in mind, Goodyear brought a new tire combination in 2016, with a goal of rubbering-in the track more and allowing for multiple racing grooves. While Richmond has traditionally required a similar tire set-up to tracks like New Hampshire and Phoenix, its racy, three-quarter-mile configuration requires a larger amount of stagger between left- and right-side tires than those other tracks.

Notes: Teams in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity Series will run the same Goodyear tire codes at Richmond this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires these teams ran twice at Richmond last season . . . this is the only track at which teams in these two series will run these tire codes (Camping World Truck Teams run this same tire set-up at Gateway) . . . as on most NASCAR ovals one mile or less in length, teams will not run liners in their tires at Richmond.

My favorite Richmond moment

Obligatory complaint about moving this race from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon.

Mind you, I prefer it on Sunday, and I don't have much hope for this pre-emptive strike, but I'm launching anyway.

It shows how much attention I pay to the schedule as I don't remember this race being run on Saturday night. I am good with whatever day of the week Nascar wants to hold races as it doesn't impact me.

88lasttimerichmond.JPG

Hurry up 'fore they sell out!

His last race at Richmond!

Ahhhhhhh.... Perhaps a coded message!

Or, most likely, just misleadin'.

Damn...........

Buescher 19th after the first round in that bad JTG ride.

Go ahead, dude.

Back
Top Bottom