2017 Spring/Summer Weather Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
I thought that I'd go ahead and get this started. It's been spring here for three weeks. The flowers, trees and fruit are all in bloom, the birds are nesting and everybody is getting frisky. Perfect spring weather. Highs in the high 60s to low 70s, lows in the 50s to low 60s. :D

We are getting tastes of spring but then BAM, our weather forecast is calling for four inches of snow tonight, followed by a couple more tomorrow. :mad:

In the meantime, I'm still getting my RV ready for the new season. It's almost time.

I thought that I'd go ahead and get this started. It's been spring here for three weeks. The flowers, trees and fruit are all in bloom, the birds are nesting and everybody is getting frisky. Perfect spring weather. Highs in the high 60s to low 70s, lows in the 50s to low 60s. :D
Same here, Johali. Bluebonnets are out in force --- 2 weeks or more early.

Of course I'll be going back to fall.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yesterday we were pushing the upper 50 degree mark. This morning we have a fresh blanket of snow. Gotta luv early spring. Looks like I've got to go make a path to my grill and it's still snowing.

b70fc76833d3d7c35192cf4633268434.jpg

Massive snowstorm....in mid march. LOL

Well, they called for about 12 inches of snow here last night into this afternoon. Zip, zilch, nothing is what we got. I can't remember them ever being as wrong as they were with this storm..... Again, only for our area.

One the other end of the state, in the Philadelphia area, they're getting hit hard.

I'm supposed to get 20" in CT. Our governor enacted a statewide travel ban beginning at 5am. I'm a skier...I drive in the snow. Wasn't happening today. Most of the local ski resorts are closed due to the storm. That's a rarity.

Northeastern Pa. interstate 81 last exit in Pa. 29 inches in yard yesterday woke up to 5 more this AM. I've had enough !

Maybe I'd better not mention that the bluebonnets in my yard are blooming like mad.
The trees are putting out new growth.
And, it's 75* on the front porch.

Seriously, though --- if you are in that snow/ice, please be careful.

Here it is less than a week before Spring starts, and it's like we finally got some winter. It's like Mother Nature is a procrastinator. "Oh crap, winter's almost over, I better get started!"

Driving back to San Diego from Vegas today I noticed the temp was 94 in Baker, CA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mid March and we hit 90 degrees two straight days in Eastern Kansas. That never happens! We've been crazy dry but we finally have some storms in the forecast.

Seems like the storm season has gotten off to an early start in the country this year. Definitely not a good sign.

Gonna have 2 days of heavy rain apparently. We are getting the remnants of Tropical Cyclone Debbie from Australia which did massive damage to Queensland.

NZ storm.jpg

Normal average temps for this time of year is high 50's, low 60's. Sunday it hit 86. My outside thermometer read 92. As much as I prefer summer over winter this was too much and too soon.

The weather here is absolutely great. The Thunderbird's are special guests of and are practicing with the Blue Angels today. What a show.

Back
Top Bottom