Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:16 pm/et

EVENT SCHEDULE
Event Schedule times are local to the track

Friday, February 23
8:00 AM-5:00 PM MENCS REGISTRATION OPEN
8:30 AM-7:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
10:30 AM MENCS ROOKIE MEETING, SPOTTER MEETING, & RANDOM DRAWING
11:35 AM-12:55 PM MENCS 1ST PRACTICE
5:15 PM MENCS QUALIFYING (MULTI-VEHICLE / THREE ROUNDS)

Saturday, February 24
10:30 AM-2:00 PM MENCS REGISTRATION OPEN
10:30 AM-4:00 PM MENCS GARAGE OPEN
12:00 PM-1:20 PM MENCS FINAL PRACTICE

Sunday, February 25
8:30 AM-2:30 PM MENCS REGISTRATION OPEN
8:30 AM-3:30 PM MENCS GARAGE OPENS
12:00 PM MENCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING (MEDIA CENTER)
1:20 PM MENCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
2:00 PM MENCS RACE (325 LAPS, 500.5 MILES)

MENCS = Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Love this track, out of all the 1.5 milers IMO wish this place still had 2 dates. I’ve always enjoyed the racing there no matter the series.

Still wish Atlanta never got redone
47F01A38-5FC6-4DFF-976C-0F3CAF0FD473.jpeg

I have a feeling somebody's going to go out and dominate this race and their name is not going to be Martin Truex Jr

Logano and harvick are the only Buschwhackers in Xfinity.

Entry list. On a Monday at that.

DWbJhKHWsAUvPTO.jpg:large
Serious question, what is stopping teams from bring an extra backup car and a skeleton crew down to Atlanta and giving one of the kids in the truck or xfinity chance to run the big race? Now is the time to do it, since there is pretty good chance they’re making the 40 car field.

Serious question, what is stopping teams from bring an extra backup car and a skeleton crew down to Atlanta and giving one of the kids in the truck or xfinity chance to run the big race? Now is the time to do it, since there is pretty good chance they’re making the 40 car field.
Finance.

Love this track, out of all the 1.5 milers IMO wish this place still had 2 dates. I’ve always enjoyed the racing there no matter the series.

Lets give Vegas two dates...

Atlanta and Kansas are the best intermediates on the schedule, by far.

So ready for this one. And the weather looks great for Atlanta this time of year, going to at least be warmish out so that's going to make the racing that much better.

Hoping the Chevy's show up and are able to get it figured out quickly.

I'm leaving for our Phoenix race in the morning so I won't have the chance to watch the Atlanta race, but I will be home to watch the Las Vegas race.:D

Don’t really care for Atlanta. Know I’m in the minority on this thread but the surface is awful. Turns it into a who got tires last event

NASCAR at Atlanta: TV channel and streaming info
(All times ET)

Friday, Feb. 23
11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice, FS1
1:05 p.m.-1:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series first practice, FS1
2:05 p.m.-2:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice, FS1
3:05 p.m.-3:55 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series final practice, FS1
4:05 p.m.-4:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice, FS1
5:15 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying, FS1

Streaming: FuboTV (free 7-day trial)

Saturday, Feb. 24
9:10 a.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series qualifying, FS1
10:35 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying, FS1
12:00 p.m.-1:20 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice, FS1
2:00 p.m.: NASCAR Xfinity Series Rinnai 250 (163 laps, 251.02 miles), FS1
4:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Active Pest Control 200 benefiting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (130 laps, 200.2 miles), FS1

Streaming: FuboTV

Sunday, Feb. 25
2:00 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (325 laps, 500.5 miles), Fox

Streaming: FuboTV

Atlanta weather forecast
The Atlanta race moved from March to February for this season but the temperatures will feel spring-like over the race weekend with highs in the mid-70s. Sunday calls for a 70 percent chance of rain but the clouds should clear up by the green flag (2 p.m.).

should i go to the ATL race?? is it good?? ill just drive down from charlotte sunday morning then drive back after race

I can only think of two teams that might have the resources to do that. Hendrick and Gibbs are already up against the four-car maximum, and most of their 'kids' are already in full-time Cup rides (#9, #24, #88; #19, #20).

should i go to the ATL race?? is it good?? ill just drive down from charlotte sunday morning then drive back after race
I've made day trips from Columbia several times. If you have the time and money available, why NOT do it?

Or run over on Saturday and watch the Truck-Xfinity double header.

why u like it so much?? and better than BRISTOL????? lol
Tire wear and comers and goers - what NASCAR doesn't have enough of these days. That worn out surface gets the cars sliding all around, it's awesome.

Plus, speed. That place is stupid fast. That's probably the one track I've been to where you get a true sense of what these cars can do. You get it at Charlotte too, but it's even more on display at Atlanta.

Tire wear and comers and goers - what NASCAR doesn't have enough of these days. That worn out surface gets the cars sliding all around, it's awesome.

Plus, speed. That place is stupid fast. That's probably the one track I've been to where you get a true sense of what these cars can do. You get it at Charlotte too, but it's even more on display at Atlanta.
thanku!!!!! im going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me and my girl will be there!! i just got back from daytona last night :( im tire lol

DAYTONA WAS AWESOME!! love the new shopping center across the street from track

thanku!!!!! im going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me and my girl will be there!! i just got back from daytona last night :( im tire lol

DAYTONA WAS AWESOME!! love the new shopping center across the street from track
I didn't get a chance to make it over there the last 2 weekends, which is sad because I was parked basically right next to it at Best Buy. Will try and check it out in July.

Will be in Hampton Fri-Mon if you want to link up. Staying about 20 mins from the track but we'll likely hit up downtown ATL for dinner a couple nights or maybe even Buckhead. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom