1:30 PM, MENCS Charlotte final practice, CNBC
2:30 PM, NXS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
3:00 PM, NXS Charlotte race, NBCSN
5:30 PM, NXS Post Race, NBCSN

Sunday, September 30
1:00 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBC
2:00 PM, MENCS Charlotte race, NBC
6:00 PM, NASCAR Victory Lap, NBCSN

Did I hear this right... during the Richmond broadcast, Burton or Letarte or someone said the entire Roval infield would be sprayed with PJ1 Track Bite? LOL, that would be an interesting experiment in the middle of the playoff. Yikes!

I kinda wondered how this would work. These cars have to be staggered with differing tire pressures for that banking. You’d essentially be driving on ice during the infield portion

A schedule that is very different from the other road courses....Am I right? Sonoma has all practice on Friday and qualifying on Saturday. Watkins Glen was a two day show if I remember correctly. This is your traditional weekend. This is where NASCAR confuses the hell out of me. Regardless, I am jacked for this. I believe that you will see the most talented drivers in NASCAR at the top of the time sheets in Practice. Qualifying and the race will be different, perhaps IMO.

I would. It could be very interesting. Particularly if they put on rain tires.

I want that to happen. Seriously. The greatest drivers in the world are the best in the rain IMO. Michael Schumacher had no equal in the rain IMO. Bring it on.

It’s going to be fubar and it will be glorious.
With the chance of rain, I can't wait to see how they're gonna' make that 90* turn at the end of pit road going 40mph two and three wide exiting the pits, let alone the track!

I want that to happen. Seriously. The greatest drivers in the world are the best in the rain IMO. Michael Schumacher had no equal in the rain IMO. Bring it on.
Senna would like to have a word with you from the great beyond...;)

Bold(?) Prediction: Jimmie Johnson will win this race.

A schedule that is very different from the other road courses....Am I right? Sonoma has all practice on Friday and qualifying on Saturday. Watkins Glen was a two day show if I remember correctly. This is your traditional weekend. This is where NASCAR confuses the hell out of me. Regardless, I am jacked for this. I believe that you will see the most talented drivers in NASCAR at the top of the time sheets in Practice. Qualifying and the race will be different, perhaps IMO.
I'm not sure if the schedule for a weekend is determined by NASCAR or by the track.

Some of y'all must have your crystal balls tuned to a different psychic frequency. None of the forecasts I've looked at show any mention of rain Sat. or Sun. And as much as I enjoy a good round of weather-induced panic, even I don't take regular (non-tropical) forecast seriously from a week out.

I would. It could be very interesting. Particularly if they put on rain tires.

It's very easy, and inexpensive, to install switchable, ignition based traction control on these cars. IMO that's what they should do when it's raining to avoid the usual wet track wreck-fest. These cars are way too powerful, and can spin the wheels in 4th gear on dry pavement, to expect drivers to be able to handle on wet pavement with no practice.

Just called and got my tickets. Not many tickets at all left on the turn one side of start finish.

The bleachers that previously wrapped all the way around turn two were actually right sized for the Roval, before they right sized them.

Did I hear this right... during the Richmond broadcast, Burton or Letarte or someone said the entire Roval infield would be sprayed with PJ1 Track Bite? LOL, that would be an interesting experiment in the middle of the playoff. Yikes!
New surface and it'll probably be really hot. I guess it makes sense.

I think that this race is going to be a Talladega style crap shoot. But I also think that It'll be a helluva good race.

I'm going on record as saying this will be the longest (elapsed time) road course race in the history of NASCAR.

This is a race I've been looking forward to since it was announced. I wish it weren't up against NFL Sunday but I'll have a dedicated television to all the action none the less.

I hope this experiment turns out to be a success allowing for NASCAR to make other bold moves to new or reconfigured venues. The schedule is stale as is. This is a shot in the arm.

Schumacher never had to drive something this heavy with this narrow of tires with this little downforce, and probably not without ABS and traction control either. And THEN there is the banking. Any rain tire that would hold up to a Cup car on the banking would be like driving on hockey pucks in the infield. Even IMSA struggles at Daytona with this, especially during the transition from fully wet to fully dry, and those cars are a LOT lighter and have a LOT less horsepower.

Theres rain in the forecast? Holy $hit that will make things even more interesting.

Back
Top Bottom