2018 NASCAR Television Networks & Broadcast Times

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
DN98psBWAAAuEjt.jpg:large

I'm confused as to whether these are start times or broadcast times. I think broadcast times with the green flag starting a little later. But, what the hell do I know?

I'm confused as to whether these are start times or broadcast times. I think broadcast times with the green flag starting a little later. But, what the hell do I know?
I think you can generally add 15-20 minutes to these times to get the green flag time.

I will miss the 1 PM times, but it looks like in general they moved the times up a little bit. No more day races starting beyond 3 PM local time.

Hate that they moved the Clash to a daytime event that now follows 500 qualifying, I guess they liked the way that worked last year thanks to the rain out the night before? There weren't many people there so that couldn't have been a determining factor.

Always enjoyed the mid-day ARCA race followed by the Clash that night and having the 500 pole day stand alone. Made for a nice tailgate with usually cool weather and a lot of time to walk around and see and do different things. Now I guess the ARCA event will stand alone on Saturday - who's going to go to that? :confused:.

Hate that they moved the Clash to a daytime event that now follows 500 qualifying, I guess they liked the way that worked last year thanks to the rain out the night before? There weren't many people there so that couldn't have been a determining factor.

Always enjoyed the mid-day ARCA race followed by the Clash that night and having the 500 pole day stand alone. Made for a nice tailgate with usually cool weather and a lot of time to walk around and see and do different things. Now I guess the ARCA event will stand alone on Saturday - who's going to go to that? :confused:.
Probably move the two Clash practices to Saturday. So they'll have that, 500 Qualifying practice, and the ARCA race.

Probably move the two Clash practices to Saturday. So they'll have that, 500 Qualifying practice, and the ARCA race.
True. This may be their idea of a preseason 2-day show lol. I used to get there early Saturday and watch the two 500 practices in the morning. Without the Clash that evening now I'm not sure I'll make the trip over. Will definitely go Sunday though.

Its broadcast times. Then you get the setup stuff then start your engines about 15 min later

Official TV times, meaning green flag is 10-17 minutes past that time.

All of this assumes, of course, that NASCAR racing will actually be broadcast in 2018.

All of this assumes, of course, that NASCAR racing will actually be broadcast in 2018.

I am confident the races will be broadcast but I think the bigger question is will there be more, less or about the same amount of people watching?

Qualifying was getting less than 5k people. The speedway wanted to beef up attendance for Sunday.

Qualifying was getting less than 5k people. The speedway wanted to beef up attendance for Sunday.

I believe you but 5K for qualifying seems like such a tiny number for such a big race.

For sure ...waste of a lot of good cars and money.
That's one thing that I've never worried about as a fan of the sport. I don't care how much these teams spend on what they do each week. One thing I do like is racing, including plate races. I'm not alone in that. Those four points paying races are among the most attended and viewed on television. For whatever reason that is, that's a good thing.

Those 4 races being the most watched tells me that today's fans are not into good racing, more like they want the mayhem and carnage.

I liked it best when it was 1 PM ET, 3 PM ET (for West Coast), and 7:30 PM EST (for Night Races). Don't know why that isn't consistent.

What's the reasoning behind Texas on FS1 and Michigan on FOX?

I liked it best when it was 1 PM ET, 3 PM ET (for West Coast), and 7:30 PM EST (for Night Races). Don't know why that isn't consistent.
Me too but I just want a consistent start time like other sports. I shouldn't have to check a schedule to see when they start.

Back
Top Bottom