2018 Martinsville -- First Data 500 - Pre-Race Thread

Johali

Team Owner
Contributor
THE RACE: First Data 500 Monster Energy Cup Series Race

TRACK
: Martinsville Speedway

Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #33 of 36

Date: Sunday, October 28th, 2018, Martinsville, VA.

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:45 pm/et

=======================================

All Times E/T

Only Cup and the Truck series are racing this week. Xfinity has the week off.

There is no on track action on Friday.

Saturday, October 27
9:00 AM, MENCS Martinsville practice, CNBC
10:00 AM, NCWTS Martinsville qualifying, FS1
11:30 AM, MENCS Martinsville final practice, CNBC
1:00 PM, NCWTS Martinsville race, FS1
4:00 PM, MENCS Martinsville qualifying, NBCSN

Sunday, October 28
2:00 PM, MENCS Countdown to Green, NBCSN
2:30 PM, MENCS Martinsville race, NBCSN
6:30 PM, MENCS Post Race, NBCSN

Really looking forward to this one. Bummer it isn’t on network but I know a comfy place where I can go to see it.

FS 1 for all the trucks, good deal. That will be a race. I hope we all get CNBC for those that watch practices.

I love this race and race track.
Hope my new recliner is in place before next Sunday. My 20 yo La-Z-Boy finally gave up the ghost today. :(

Damn it TRL, you got me again. I love this track too. Crucial race for MY TRD powered Toyotas still in it. Not a great place for Martin. Kyle needs to do something here IMO.

Friends as you know we entering the gravely very seriously stages. If you have never considered the profoundness of the points implications, now is time to set aside the slothfulness and get serious.

The big three should be in good shape, unless two of the lower five score wins during this round.

Elliot could point his way in, but if any of the bottom four win that will put him at a deficit.
The bottom four had better win one of the next three races, the possibilities are limited otherwise.

Rank/Driver/Points/ POINTS RELATIVE TO THE PLAYOFFS IMPLICATIONS CUTOFF LINE. THE SEPERATION BETWEEN THE THRILL OF VICTORY AND THE AGONY OF DEFEAT. THE LINE THAT SEPERATES THE FOUR THAT WILL BE FOUND TO BE IN THE BOOK OF LIFE, ONCE IT IS WELL NIGH TIME FOR THE EXODUS FROM PHOENIX TO THE HOMESTEAD PROMISED LAND.

THIS IS WHY THE PROPHETS, LETARTE, BURTON. AND ALLEN CRIES OUT DURING THE ENTIRE RACE.
This why their imoduim IV bags will not help them at Martinsville. This is why they set on the under the microphone table thrones as they call the race. THIS IS WHY PLAY-OFF-IMP-LI-CAT-IONS IS NOW TAUGHT IN CLASSROOMS TO BE SIX MOVEMENTS RATHER THAN SIX SYLLABLES. CAUSE EVERY POINT COUNTS.

1 Kyle Busch 4055 40 XL
2 Kevin Harvick 4054 39 XXXIX
3 Martin Truex Jr. 4038 23 XXIII
4 Chase Elliott 4018. 3 III

THE FOLLOWING DRIVERS HAVE DESCENDED TOWARD THE AGONY OF DEFEAT. THEY HAD BETTER GET THEIR **** TOGETHER BEFORE IT IS EVERLASTING TO LATE!!!!

5 Clint Bowyer 4015. - 3 - III
6 Joey Logano 4015. - 3 - III
7 Kurt Busch 4015. - 3 - III
8 Aric Almirola 4006. -12 - XII

The Martinsville Hotdog conspiracy explanation coming soon.

I just found out about the Trucks being on track Friday. They'll be on track but no TV.

FRIDAY, Oct. 26
12:05-12:55 p.m.: Camping World Truck Series first practice (no TV)
2:05-2:55 p.m.: Camping World Truck Series final practice (no TV)

This was always my favorite track to attend a race. Right up until they removed my seat location. :mad:

We're no longer ticket holders of this track after many, many years of attending. Probably the track that I miss going to the most.

I just love the premium on technique on such a small track. If we want new fans, we have to find away (other than the talking heads we have) to explain how technical this track is. Just fabulous. From the car standpoint....Remember when the Toyotas would smoke in the corners pre-EFI? Obviously this was a tuning technique for the track, but doesn't anybody know specifically what was going on there?

This was always my favorite track to attend a race. Right up until they removed my seat location. :mad:

We're no longer ticket holders of this track after many, many years of attending. Probably the track that I miss going to the most.
And spending a few days on the lake in the campground with the missus.

I just love the premium on technique on such a small track. If we want new fans, we have to find away (other than the talking heads we have) to explain how technical this track is. Just fabulous. From the car standpoint....Remember when the Toyotas would smoke in the corners pre-EFI? Obviously this was a tuning technique for the track, but doesn't anybody know specifically what was going on there?

My guess was more unspent fuel then, but resident gear head @BobbyFord probably knows for sure.

Did they try and compensate you in some way when they removed that tower? I'm surprised to hear you didn't re-up, any plans on going back?

This race to me is like a small scale restrictor plate race, a wreck up front at the wrong time can cripple half the field and then again they can go wreck free you never know.

Did they try and compensate you in some way when they removed that tower? I'm surprised to hear you didn't re-up, any plans on going back?
They moved our seat location down to the lower level. After that, we didn't purchase them again. No plans at this point. Maybe some day but I can't help but be a little po'd losing arguably the best seating location in the venue.

They moved our seat location down to the lower level. After that, we didn't purchase them again. No plans at this point. Maybe some day but I can't help but be a little po'd losing arguably the best seating location in the venue.
Gotta have that new party area for the ADHD crowd. :rolleyes:

I know they were going to put some kind of a sky deck on one end it looks like. I guess it is finished

Reactions: Pat
I know they were going to put some kind of a sky deck on one end it looks like. I guess it is finished

This experiment has failure written all over it. Get that $375 ticket while you still can. That's only a $310 markup over my old seat for the same best view @ Martinsville. Is it too early to nominate Clay Campbell as the Bonehead of the race? That's okay, I can wait until Sunday afternoon for the official thread.

For those that would find this concept interesting, here's a link to more of the detail.....

https://www.martinsvillespeedway.com/Articles/2018/08/SkyDeck.aspx

Blame me. Any time I travel up to that area from Florida for a race this happens.

Hey, it's better than snow.....

2018-March25-SnowMartinsville-main.jpg

:D

I wanted to go this Sunday but unfortunately we have a wedding to attend this weekend. Hopefully we will be back again in the spring

Dammit dude! Unacceptable. Tell them to move the wedding...to Martinsville. It's scenic, and there's plenty of hot dogs to feed everyone.

Those hot dogs are seriously the best hot dogs I've ever had in my life. I love everything about Martinsville.

Are you going to one of the Daytona races next year? I need to start planning a vacation :cool:

I wanted to go this Sunday but unfortunately we have a wedding to attend this weekend. Hopefully we will be back again in the spring
Dude, you gotta get your priorities in order. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Note to self: never tell the Internet that I can't do something because 'we' have to attend someone else's wedding.

Back
Top Bottom