2018 Most Popular Driver?

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
With Dale Jr retiring.. Who do you think is likely to come out as the next MPD?

My guess is Chase wins it after he inherits the majority of Jrs fans with Larson gathering the rest.

Considering he finished 2nd to Dale as a rookie, I'd say it's pretty well locked up for while.

Some how, Jr will the 2018 MPD award :laugh:

Considering he finished 2nd to Dale as a rookie, I'd say it's pretty well locked up for while.
I've seen Nascar announce the top 10 in MPD voting, ranked alphabetically, and obviously they announce the winner. Where did you get information about the rankings behind the winner?

Chase easily. I'd say he'd have come closer than people think with Jr still around.

Serious answer, Chase.

I believe CE was closer to winning last year than the Junyer Tribe would admit!

Yeah, honestly wouldn't be shocked if Chase wins it. I know my votes will be going towards him after this season.

Chase easliy but if Larson continues to drive like he has this year hes going to draw some fans his way.

Has this award ever mattered?

Kind of like Rookie of the Year. Cool in the 80s, 90s but now when you have drivers like Ricky Stenhouse and Brett Moffit with the top honors then you tend to disregard this award.

I wouldn't be surprised if Junyer with draws his name this year.

Chase, but it wont matter. Unlike Patrick & Jr, Chase's trophy case will be filled to the brim with on-track achievements.

Jeffrey Earnhardt

Chase, but it wont matter. Unlike Patrick & Jr, Chase's trophy case will be filled to the brim with on-track achievements.

Dale Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships, 2 Daytona 500 along with 24 additional Cup, and 24 Xfinity trophies seem like they would take up plenty of space. Dale Jr. wasn't the best but he wasn't exactly a back marker.

What meaning can it possibly have when fanatics are permitted to vote more than once?

What is it now ... one vote per email address per day?

Jeffrey Earnhardt

Dale Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships, 2 Daytona 500 along with 24 additional Cup, and 24 Xfinity trophies seem like they would take up plenty of space. Dale Jr. wasn't the best but he wasn't exactly a back marker.
Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin & Kurt Busch are all at 'Earnhardt level talent' as far as # of wins, with the exception of Kurt's championship.

Carl Edwards is already out & his HOF worthiness was hardly mentioned here.

Like many have said before, I believe Jr will receive HOF status for his popularity & contributions rather than his skill as a driver.

Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin & Kurt Busch are all at 'Earnhardt level talent' as far as # of wins, with the exception of Kurt's championship.

Carl Edwards is already out & his HOF worthiness was hardly mentioned here.

Like many have said before, I believe Jr will receive HOF status for his popularity & contributions rather than his skill as a driver.

Is there anybody who doubts that Edwards is a Hall of Fame contender?

It's also WAY too early in Chase's career to say that he'll have a better career than Dale Jr. By this point in his career, Dale Jr. was ahead of Chase Elliott. Elliott could drop off as Junior did.

Is there anybody who doubts that Edwards is a Hall of Fame contender?

It's also WAY too early in Chase's career to say that he'll have a better career than Dale Jr. By this point in his career, Dale Jr. was ahead of Chase Elliott. Elliott could drop off as Junior did.
Well Edwards doesnt have a championship & doesnt have stellar stats, much like Jr. I'd like to believe the HOF is reserved for the best, not the most popular.

And Im free to speculate as I please :idunno: I personally believe that Chase will have atleast one championship and over 40 wins if he is blessed with a full career.

Well Edwards doesnt have a championship & doesnt have stellar stats, much like Jr. I'd like to believe the HOF is reserved for the best, not the most popular.

And Im free to speculate as I please :idunno: I personally believe that Chase will have atleast one championship and over 40 wins if he is blessed with a full career.

His career is roughly equal to Dale Jarrett's. Edwards loses out because of a lack of championship. It'll be a debate. I don't think that it's a slam dunk that he's out.

At some point they'll have to change the induction process because five inductees per year will water it down in a hurry. Don't think that'll happen for a while though.

At some point they'll have to change the induction process because five inductees per year will water it down in a hurry. Don't think that'll happen for a while though.

They should really just do what other sports do, require a certain percentage of the vote (from the voting body) to get in. The Baseball HOF will induct only 2-3 people if that's all that meets the criteria.

Over the first eight years, the Nascar HOF has inducted 3 cup drivers per year, not 5... just FYI. But yes, at some point the process should probably change.

Jeffery Earnhardt

No but seriously Chase but could see Kyle Larson also.

Back
Top Bottom